Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2023, 05:10 PM

6,364 posts, read 2,698,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post

The Capitol police maintain that performances are not allowed there, but because they're little kids they were allowed to perform 3 verses of the song anyway.
And you believe that NOW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
If you google "sing the star spangled banner at the nation's capitol" you will get lots of hits of individuals and groups doing just that.
What about all of those other performances you told everyone to search for?

Performances aren't allowed there?

Looks like the Capital Police are doing a major CYA effort hoping that this will go away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2023, 06:31 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,261,206 times
Too Bad, so Sad.

Kevin McCarthy, Speaker of the House doesn’t agree with a couple of our Leftist Posters.

Kevin McCarthy - TWITTER

@SpeakerMcCarthy
Just learned kids were interrupted while singing our National Anthem at the Capitol. Unacceptable.

These children were welcomed by my office because your Capitol is back open, particularly for school groups.
@RepTimmons
@RepJoeWilson
, &
@RepRussellFry
, and I look forward to having them back to perform in the halls of Congress.

The Architect of the Capitol checked their credentials and cleared them, as approved.

An extremely WOKE Female Capitol Officer got her Panties in a Wad and shut them down for singing a Protest Song (which Normal Prople call our National Anthem), and being Offensive — and then LIED about it despite the Video Tape. Unfortunately, there is nothing that even the Speaker of the House can do about this sort of thing. That Activist Capitol Police Officer is bulletproof. She can do anything she likes, to anyone she chooses to - including firing a gun at them. SHE HAS UNION PROTECTION, and it’s PLATINUM.

#BUSTED
#Union Protection

Last edited by Ibginnie; 06-03-2023 at 10:24 AM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 06-02-2023, 06:33 PM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times
I guess the capitol police didn’t get the memo that it’s “by the people, for the people”

Old 06-02-2023, 07:06 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 2 days ago)

35,589 posts, read 17,927,273 times
New Newsweek Article, with new quotes. Apparently the Capitol Police were not notified that this performance had been approved, and they continue to deny that they told the director that the performance was interrupted because "it might offend someone".

Don't know that we'll ever know the whole truth. In the meanwhile, whatever caused the Capitol Police to not get the information that the group was approved needs to be ironed out.

https://www.newsweek.com/capitol-pol...strife-1804248

Old 06-03-2023, 08:28 AM

2,199 posts, read 3,356,826 times
Default "Miscommunication" on Capital Police National Anthem Shutdown

More details have slowly been released from various news sources. Seems this is a story they “didn’t want to go there”.

Mr. Rasbach said he had permission from three congressional offices for the choir to sing in the Capitol — the offices of South Carolina Republican Reps. William Timmons and Joe Wilson, and the office of House Speaker Kevin McCarthy, California Republican.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...em-us-capitol/

Capital Police blame “miscommunication”.

https://www.newsweek.com/capitol-pol...strife-1804248

Rasbach told The Daily Signal on Friday that a female Capitol Police officer had directed a congressional staffer to immediately put an end to the children’s performance despite having obtained permission from South Carolina Republican Reps. William Timmons, Joe Wilson and the office of the House speaker.

https://nypost.com/2023/06/03/capito...ildrens-choir/

Old 06-03-2023, 09:55 AM

8,060 posts, read 3,941,959 times
I knew the Capitol Police were lying when their story started changing.

Old 06-03-2023, 09:57 AM

2,199 posts, read 3,356,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
It certainly did!

Old 06-03-2023, 10:05 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,261,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
The “miscommunication “ part was the Capitol Police got caught in their fairytale excuses.
Supposedly, it’s the Speaker of the House that is in charge of them — the Speaker did NOT.back their actions and called it “ outrageous “.

Somebody needs some De-Programming from her Leftist Ant-Patriotism — poor girl was Triggered!
This was a Memorial Day Weekend Event.

Old 06-03-2023, 10:13 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,618,277 times
What did we expect-the Capital Police are a bunch of left wing activists

Absolutely disgusting

Old 06-03-2023, 10:19 AM

5,013 posts, read 7,219,447 times
So now it's a "miscommunication". This was done deliberately but the Capitol Police didn't expect any backlash. They thought they'd gotten away with it.
I hope what's left of the media doesn't bury this-I'm really interested if there will be any repercussions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies