Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2023, 04:04 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,737,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
This is an articulate account of her experiences in how she moved away from acknowledging transgenderism.

Very thorough...

There's a verse in the Bible about suppressing the truth in unrighteousness.

How many times does she mention instances where the truth is suppressed?

Quote: "I failed to see the harm that I helped cause"
I've never been much of a Megyn Kelly fan, but her stock goes up a good bit with this piece....since she admits that she was part of the problem.

Though she was old enough to know better long before the madness got going under a full head of steam, wising up at 52 is better than never.

Thanks for posting this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2023, 11:08 AM

52,313 posts, read 52,777,716 times
I watched the vid. She makes some interesting points. She does a pretty good job of laying it out with the background of the earlier parts of the trans movement.

The sports thing is probably what is going to be and seems to be the turning point for many people. It seems like the lunatic fringe of any group are the ones that just seem to take it too damn far. Then you have the creeps that take advantage of people's good will by going into bathrooms and being rather open about the fact that they are clearly men still. I think a person with legit dysphoria probably just wants to present as a woman and uses discretion in a restroom, many women probably would never even know. It's the crazies that pretty much ruin any movement to be honest.

I work with a trans woman and "she" is polite and professional, and you probably wouldn't know she is a bio man but whatever.

Old 06-06-2023, 11:27 AM

47,008 posts, read 26,056,438 times
And we should care what Megyn Kelly thinks, because...?

Old 06-06-2023, 11:53 AM

12,045 posts, read 6,587,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
This is an articulate account of her experiences in how she moved away from acknowledging transgenderism.

Very thorough...

There's a verse in the Bible about suppressing the truth in unrighteousness.

How many times does she mention instances where the truth is suppressed?

Quote: "I failed to see the harm that I helped cause"

Excellent video OP —- thanks!
I hope this goes viral fast….

Old 06-06-2023, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I

The sports thing is probably what is going to be and seems to be the turning point for many people. .
That and more so the mutilation happening of young children with the greed and HUGE profiteering happening with hospitals and the new specialized clinics popping up everywhere.

Old 06-06-2023, 11:59 AM

6,089 posts, read 2,876,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
And we should care what Megyn Kelly thinks, because...?
^^ "I can't refute anything she said!" - Dane_in_LA ^^

Old 06-06-2023, 12:01 PM

45,644 posts, read 27,260,958 times
Quote:
I watched the vid. She makes some interesting points. She does a pretty good job of laying it out with the background of the earlier parts of the trans movement.

The sports thing is probably what is going to be and seems to be the turning point for many people. It seems like the lunatic fringe of any group are the ones that just seem to take it too damn far. Then you have the creeps that take advantage of people's good will by going into bathrooms and being rather open about the fact that they are clearly men still. I think a person with legit dysphoria probably just wants to present as a woman and uses discretion in a restroom, many women probably would never even know. It's the crazies that pretty much ruin any movement to be honest.

I work with a trans woman and "she" is polite and professional, and you probably wouldn't know she is a bio man but whatever.
Yeah - being destroyed with a volleyball can make one rethink things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
I've never been much of a Megyn Kelly fan, but her stock goes up a good bit with this piece....since she admits that she was part of the problem.

Though she was old enough to know better long before the madness got going under a full head of steam, wising up at 52 is better than never.

Thanks for posting this.
Ditto for me.

Old 06-06-2023, 12:01 PM

19,435 posts, read 15,276,690 times
I think the progression she describes is probably the same reason a lot of people feel the same way, for a lot of different issues or "controversies" we're currently dealing with. People will abuse your sense of kindness to advance their cause, then when you finally put your foot down and take a perfectly reasonable stance, you will be called a bigot. It's like clockwork.

Old 06-06-2023, 12:02 PM

52,313 posts, read 52,777,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
That and more so the mutilation happening of young children with the greed and HUGE profiteering happening with hospitals and the new specialized clinics popping up everywhere.
Yeah, over in the UK they've already started shutting down hospitals/clinics that perform these surgeries. It might take a while longer here, unfortunately there is a huge profit motive between the surgeries and all of the medications.

Old 06-06-2023, 12:04 PM

Quote:
I just don't get it. For such a small slice of the population why are we talking about it so much. What is driving all of this?.
MEGA BUCKS $$$$$$$$ is what’s driving it. Millions being funded as grants and special funding. Big Pharma is making a fortune on all the drugs and hormones — surgeons, administrators, gender counseling,etc etc. I read of a whole new wing to one of the nation’s top hospital (I think it was John Hopkins) devoted to trans surgeries for children and teens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies