Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2023, 09:41 AM

25,867 posts, read 12,901,647 times

Advertisements

Congrats to Rep Luna of Florida for introducing this bill, and I hope it passes:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/con...ssia-collusion

Schiff is a serial liar, and has abused his power, so must pay the price. America is ready for some accountability in DC and I can't think of a better plac to start.

All that time & money wasted due to his lies. He should go to jail over obtaining FISA warrants based upon lies.

Old 05-24-2023, 09:44 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,218,179 times
I can't believe we only paid $32 million for all that...I would have thought it was much more.

Don't know for sure if I think this is good or bad, but I really do believe that the American taxpayer should definitely see the costs of all these investigations.

In some ways I think this is the real DC swamp...all of them keeping their lawyer friends rolling in the taxpayer dollar.

Old 05-24-2023, 09:48 AM

10,512 posts, read 7,046,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunetunelover View Post
I can't believe we only paid $32 million for all that...I would have thought it was much more.

Don't know for sure if I think this is good or bad, but I really do believe that the American taxpayer should definitely see the costs of all these investigations.

In some ways I think this is the real DC swamp...all of them keeping their lawyer friends rolling in the taxpayer dollar.
Those are probably just the direct costs. I'm sure the indirect costs are significantly more.

Old 05-24-2023, 09:56 AM

10,919 posts, read 4,586,843 times
Schiff, nadler, swalwell and pelosi, need to pay money, be expelled, do time after what they did. just cuz you are a member, does not give you free reign.

Old 05-24-2023, 10:23 AM

5,281 posts, read 3,091,055 times
I have no issue with holding people accountable for their actions.
If he knowingly (and it seems he did) promoted a witch-hunt based on lies that cost us millions of dollars and helped devide a nation he should be held accountable financially and criminally.
Soon as people like this are punished the sooner this type of bad behavior ends.
We don’t need anymore of this kind of crap.

Old 05-24-2023, 10:28 AM

2,034 posts, read 1,321,777 times
Well, yes, the Trump-Russia collusion story was investigated and found to be BS.
But when people say "Russia Hoax", I have to suspect they're trying to imply there was no Russian interference with our elections.

So my question is to the OP: Are you talking about the "Russia Hoax" as a false accusation against the Trump campaign, or are you saying the accusation of Russian interference in the election was a hoax? That's two different things.

Please plainly state your position.

Old 05-24-2023, 10:41 AM

57,378 posts, read 26,294,968 times
A republican accusing Schiff for violating the "trust", did she include Nunes for his statements?

Funny statement looking at the current GOP.

I'm guessing this will not pass, lucky if they get 5 votes all from the usual crazies.

Old 05-24-2023, 10:53 AM

10,512 posts, read 7,046,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulsa View Post
Well, yes, the Trump-Russia collusion story was investigated and found to be BS.
But when people say "Russia Hoax", I have to suspect they're trying to imply there was no Russian interference with our elections.

So my question is to the OP: Are you talking about the "Russia Hoax" as a false accusation against the Trump campaign, or are you saying the accusation of Russian interference in the election was a hoax? That's two different things.

Please plainly state your position.
Both are one in the same. Clinton, Obama, Biden, Schiff created and were aware of the false accusation and hoax. There was no Russian interference in the election.

Old 05-24-2023, 11:17 AM

24,026 posts, read 15,125,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Both are one in the same. Clinton, Obama, Biden, Schiff created and were aware of the false accusation and hoax. There was no Russian interference in the election.

It's all in the words used. The Russian government, or a Russian friend of Putin's? There is no proof of the Russian Government colluding with Donald J. Trump.

But there is a confession from Manafort, the Trump campaign manager who worked for nothing.

He gave precinct data to a Russian friend.

He had an office in Ukraine for years. He did have a few Russian friends that he helped win whatever they were after. Can you testify that they did nothing with data?

Old 05-24-2023, 11:38 AM

2,034 posts, read 1,321,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
If Bob robs a bank and the police investigate Joe and find out that Joe was not involved, it's still a fact that the bank robbery happened. Joe being found innocent does not mean Bob was innocent, nor does it mean the robbery never happened .

It's the same with the election. We have clear proof that the Russians had a program to interfere with US elections. That really happened. There is no proof that Trump was involved, but Trump's innocence does not mean the Russians are innocent. It's two different things.

But Russian apologists want us to believe the interference never happened, so we get this deflection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.