Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2023, 08:46 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,929,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
If he only takes out the bully thats cool.
The worst part about this is once you become a victim of bullies, they get everyone to turn on you. A lot of times, the other kids who are not directly involved will look down on you, try to avoid associated with you to protect themselves. Some kids who want to increase their own social standing will them see you as the weakest one to take advantage of. I have even seen teachers who decide they dont want to deal with it push these bully victims away which is essentially more bullying.

This is not the most PC thing to say, but I cannot honestly judge some of these mass school shooters without knowing all the details of their situation. Is very possible the whole school was against them, or felt that way to them. And this likely went on for years. Because is usually kids will go through K-12 with the exact same kids in every grade.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2023, 06:52 AM

6,092 posts, read 3,332,788 times
Why was this kid not taught to fight back? If someone is bullying you, man up and fight.

Sure, you might lose, but you will gain your own self respect.

I think he and his parents should’ve brought it up once with the school, give them a chance to squash it. But once they failed, it’s time to take matters into your own hands.

Next, I would’ve talked to the parents of the other kid. Given them one chance to squash it.

You always want to try and resolve a problem without violence. But there may come a time when you must stand up for yourself.

After those two avenues were exhausted, it’s time to get the kid into martial arts training and advise him to stick up for himself.

But to allow this to go on for 6 months?

Old 06-10-2023, 07:02 AM

33,568 posts, read 18,147,060 times
It's a real mental exercise for a parent to ever think that they're 10 year old would commit suicide. I don't blame the parents at all as it must have shocked them when this happened.

The school had the responsibility to do something if the parents went there to tell them their child was being bullied.

Many parents today have a very narrow scope to even think about homeschooling or private school.

Many parents today are struggling just to put food on the table and in many families both parents have to work so homeschooling is out. And because of financial situations of many hundreds of thousands of parents that putting a child in a private school can't even be considered if they are struggling just to pay for the basics of surviving.

Old 06-10-2023, 07:05 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 3 days ago)

35,610 posts, read 17,935,039 times
I don't know if anyone noticed, but back a couple pages ago I posted two articles with the coroner stating the cause of death was accidental asphyxiation by hanging.

Just sayin'.

Last edited by ClaraC; 06-10-2023 at 07:22 AM..

Old 06-10-2023, 07:09 AM

9,368 posts, read 6,969,068 times
Bullying has been around since inception of man; marshmallow soft people are not built for the pain that is life.

Old 06-10-2023, 07:24 AM

3,326 posts, read 1,960,348 times
https://youtu.be/8xIZVMJjvHQ

Here's the only solution that works.

Find the bully's father and have a chat.

Old 06-10-2023, 08:23 AM

2,869 posts, read 1,148,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I don't know if anyone noticed, but back a couple pages ago I posted two articles with the coroner stating the cause of death was accidental asphyxiation by hanging.

Just sayin'.
With all due respect, does it matter, Clara? While the coroner may have listed the death as accidental, he still had intent, and, sadly, his attempt was successful.

Old 06-10-2023, 09:02 AM

11,143 posts, read 10,705,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post

Just sayin'.
The only person I can think of who “accidentally” hung themselves in the last few years was David Carradine, who was engaged in autoerotic asphyxiation. Is the coroner claiming that the 10-year-old was masturbating?

Old 06-10-2023, 12:23 PM

39,219 posts, read 27,582,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phinneas j. whoopee View Post
Population control. One less loser misfit. Everyone gets bullied in school, you can man up and confront the SOB and kick him in the nuts or go home and kill yourself.
In my day we didnt go complain to everyone that we were being bullied.
We dealt with it.
Suicide. The cowards way out.
Except for Kurt Cobain. I applaud his decision because Nirvana was horrible.
School bullying and suicide are two completely different subjects.

As a girl who lost a boyfriend to suicide, I can tell you that people who committed suicide are not "loser mifit", nor do I actually believe bullying is the "cause" of a suicide. My late boyfriend was always a higher achiever. He was handsome, successful, rich. (a well known attorney). I also have couple friends who were in special force committed suicide.

Suicide is not easily understood, “Genetics load the gun, but environment pulls the trigger” is a popular phrase used to explain the complex interaction between genetic factors and environmental influences in shaping the development and manifestation of certain traits or diseases.

Like you said, everyone got bullied, most don't choose to kill oneself.

This said, I think you can use some compassion, after all, this is a 10 year old kid.

Old 06-10-2023, 12:30 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 3 days ago)

35,610 posts, read 17,935,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldPuss View Post
With all due respect, does it matter, Clara? While the coroner may have listed the death as accidental, he still had intent, and, sadly, his attempt was successful.
You're wrong. "Accidental asphyxiation", as the coroner has stated, it's not suicide. It's an accident.

Accidental means the opposite of what you say - it means "no intent".

It will be curious to see where this goes, and what makes the coroner believe he didn't commit suicide.

The police have stated they'll provide a full update when their investigation is complete. I don't know whether the coroner will turn out to be right, but if so, it's not suicide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies