Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2023, 11:35 PM

18,101 posts, read 15,676,604 times

Advertisements

Quote:
CBS Poll: 62% of Republican Primary Voters See No Problem if Trump Kept Military/Nuclear Secrets
They want TFG to have whatever he wants, whenever he wants it, no questions asked. It's been that way since he entered politics. His feelings are important to his base.

Old 06-12-2023, 11:37 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
CBS Poll: 62% of Republican Primary Voters See No Problem if Trump Kept Military/Nuclear Secrets

I can't see how this is possible, but if true it is thoroughly disgusting.

Old 06-13-2023, 12:03 AM

44,632 posts, read 61,629,357 times
Trump the so called "master of the deal" in his nefarious ways was probably planning to sell those secrets to his buddies Val, Kim and Ji for huge sums of money or to get special $$$ deals in their countries. What else would he want to keep those records for.
Traitor Trump and his ignorant uncivilized followers continue to ruin our democracy and are running the country into the ground.

Old 06-13-2023, 01:04 AM

25,580 posts, read 56,488,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
Trump the so called "master of the deal" in his nefarious ways was probably planning to sell those secrets to his buddies Val, Kim and Ji for huge sums of money or to get special $$$ deals in their countries. What else would he want to keep those records for.
Oh, absolutely. Mary Trump on O'Donnell tonight said these documents were kept for transactional purposes, because EVERYTHING in the Trump family is transactional. Money comes before everything and everyone, even family. He's probably already traded a few for various favors he needs. Why else is a copy machine stored next to the documents? They've obviously been copied. Further, govt still doesn't have all of them. Short of digging up Ivana's grave (lol.. I really don't believe they're there) or searching his Bedminster club and other residences, we'll never get those back.

Old 06-13-2023, 01:23 AM

5,738 posts, read 5,445,071 times
If you're out there making excuses for Trump on this issue, or going with whatabout BS, you are a bad person. Just because Joe Biden or Hillary did something similar (but not as serious) doesn't mean Trump should walk free just to keep from hurting your feelings.

Like imagine someone killing your friend. And that killer says that since OJ got away with murder, it's an injustice for him to go to jail.

Old 06-13-2023, 01:41 AM

13,461 posts, read 4,295,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
If you're out there making excuses for Trump on this issue, or going with whatabout BS, you are a bad person. Just because Joe Biden or Hillary did something similar (but not as serious) doesn't mean Trump should walk free just to keep from hurting your feelings.

Like imagine someone killing your friend. And that killer says that since OJ got away with murder, it's an injustice for him to go to jail.
How I am bad person for calling out the double tier law? and what state's secret the government is keeping from the public? The same government that has lied to the country about illegal wars, massive spying, torture and other crimes? No, this is not the same as killing a person but the foreign policy that the government has hidden from the pubic does kill people and lots of them around the world.

How is what Trump did serious and what Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden did not so serious? splitting hairs now. Isn't the big crime here is our foreign policy since Vietnam? That is the big crime here. We should know what our government is doing and what is spending in secret. Hiding on "that's national security" label and keeping the public in the dark and dumb doesn't cut it.

Old 06-13-2023, 03:15 AM

10,465 posts, read 4,042,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
My problem with the dismissal by the GOP politicians is the risk to our military people.
Oh please! Who was the one that pulled out of Afghanistan and left all of the US weapons over there for anyone to get to to reverse engineer?

Who is the one just giving all of our weapons to Ukraine without the US military being there?

Old 06-13-2023, 03:52 AM

1,602 posts, read 867,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
From the people I know who do not have a problem with it, it's only because they feel he has been singled out. Nothing happened to President Biden. Nothing happened to Former Vice President Pence. Nothing happened to Hillary Clinton. They all had documents in their possession that they were not supposed to, and nothing happened to them...

I am not saying they are right, because I do not believe they are, but I understand where they are coming from. There would not be sixty-two percent of them having "no problem", if everyone paid the price, too.
This, and we don't know (and likely will never know) the actual content of the documents. The government has a reputation for "over classifying" things as a general rule. It's very unlikely that it was a complete set of plans for a nuclear bomb, or anything our adversaries don't already know.

Old 06-13-2023, 05:07 AM

23,861 posts, read 24,115,793 times
The whole documents thing is such a stupid distraction.

Old 06-13-2023, 05:32 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,011,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Take a History Class View Post
This, and we don't know (and likely will never know) the actual content of the documents. The government has a reputation for "over classifying" things as a general rule. It's very unlikely that it was a complete set of plans for a nuclear bomb, or anything our adversaries don't already know.

That is a good point.

Documents that Joe Biden had from his time as a Senator (which covers a long period), may have been 'classified' back when he had possession, but would no longer be considered so. Such as a document detailing the probability of the USSR dissolving. Classified, at some level, prior to 1989, not so much so now.

If there is a trial, obviously the Federal DA will face some problems about introducing evidence comprising of still-current classified documents.

Let us recall that there are different levels of 'classified'. When I was an attorney for Social Security, I had access to Social Security numbers of those filing for disability in our office. Technically 'classified' information, in that I was under strict rules about keeping the information from being broadcast or used for nefarious purposes (in our annual training, we were always given the example of Elvis: we were not to access his SSN in order to look up anything about him).

I still think that there is another shoe to drop in Mr. Trump's case. Meaning: what if there is evidence that Mr. Trump did give, or sell, some 'top secret' or 'eyes only' information to allies or enemies? I hope that Mr. Trump only kept, and hid, the documents for his own personal sense of power. However, I have my doubts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.