Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2023, 08:15 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,817,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Unfortunately I’m beginning to agree with you. There is no common ground between sane people and Democrat voters anymore.
Oh lordy, you guys are funny. That's like saying all Republican's are insurrectionists. Hmmmm wait a minutes.

Okay I'm kidding.

I sincerely doubt anyone on the right or left is Okay with that vulgar display. You want to hyperventilate about it? Be my guest. You will anyway. It's great fodder to further an agenda isn't it.

Crazies exist on both side of the isle. Both ides should be condemned when it surfaces.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2023, 09:26 AM

39,294 posts, read 27,677,316 times
I hope not every trans behaves this way.

Unfortunately, The "trans community" (if that's what you want to call it) has a problem with narcissistic people who are so desperately trying to get the validation they require to feed their ego. They could get their procedures, go about their day and be done with it. Yet many of them seem to enjoy making a spectacle of themselves.

These unfortunately are the trans the rest of us see. I am pretty sure hard working, decent transgender exist and they probably just want to live their lives. But we don't hear from them. It is too bad for transgenders.

Also, these trans activists keep on saying a woman's body does not define a woman, but for them, it is all about body and body parts. It is really sad. Do your Topless Fondling at a party or something, nobody cares. But do it in White house? come on..

Old 06-14-2023, 09:37 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,665,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post

Unfortunately, The "trans community" (if that's what you want to call it) has a problem with narcissistic people who are so desperately trying to get the validation they require to feed their ego. They could get their procedures, go about their day and be done with it. Yet many of them seem to enjoy making a spectacle of themselves.

These unfortunately are the trans the rest of us see. I am pretty sure hard working, decent transgender exist and they probably just want to live their lives. But we don't hear from them. It is too bad for transgenders.

Also, these trans activists keep on saying a woman's body does not define a woman, but for them, it is all about body and body parts. It is really sad. Do your Topless Fondling at a party or something, nobody cares. But do it in White house? come on..
I'm cool with the LGBTQ+...and, as all, they should have equal rights.
It's all cool whatever one may be into sexually...as long as it is between consenting adults.
But people do not typically discuss or find it appropriate to put their sexual fetishes/deviations on flamboyant display...such as Parades or fervently declaring that you are "Proud" to be into something outside of normal, instinctive, potentially reproductive sex.
I went to a Gay Pride Parade with a married lesbian couple that were close friends of mine.
I owned a strip-club for 30 years...what I saw was similar to what I presented as adult entertainment. And there were thousands of kids all along the parade route.
Way over-the-top. Much of it, I felt, inappropriate for public display.
They are actually hurting, not gaining, the acceptance of their orientation by doing that. I notice pushback lately.

Old 06-14-2023, 09:40 AM

52,348 posts, read 52,808,634 times
Quote:

I think your post really covers how many people feel about this subject. To me the activist types are a whole separate beast so to speak. They tend to be the extremist of any cause. I think in general narcissism in our culture is at an all-time high. Everyone wants to be an influencer etc etc. There seems to be an extreme me me me mentality with a lot of these people.

Most people, gay, straight, trans I think are just trying to go on about their business, unfortunately it's the nut job freaks that get all of the airtime and frankly ruin it for the average person in some of those groups.

I don't understand why the need to expose the chests and act a fool in general, must tie back to the look at me mentality of those types.

Old 06-14-2023, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post

Rose Montoya didn't harm anyone either, but anyway she's been banned from any future White House events. Happy?
You don't need to "hurt" somebody to get banned.

Good manners matter, especially in a place like white house, like it or not, admit it or not. White house is not a club or bar.

The reason that people exercise good manners at a dinner or other celebration or get together, is to show respect to the other people in your crowd, or table. This is just common sense stuff.

Even many higher end restaurants would advise you at the door to come back later with more appropriate footwear if you worn flip flops. No need to take it so personally.

They did not bully Montoya, no need to play victim card here.

Old 06-14-2023, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I think your post really covers how many people feel about this subject. To me the activist types are a whole separate beast so to speak. They tend to be the extremist of any cause. I think in general narcissism in our culture is at an all-time high. Everyone wants to be an influencer etc etc. There seems to be an extreme me me me mentality with a lot of these people.

Most people, gay, straight, trans I think are just trying to go on about their business, unfortunately it's the nut job freaks that get all of the airtime and frankly ruin it for the average person in some of those groups.

I don't understand why the need to expose the chests and act a fool in general, must tie back to the look at me mentality of those types.
I think most people want to feel good about themselves. Nothing wrong with it. Take a selfie, go for it. Post your bikini photo on facebook, sure. No problem.

But but but, know your limits and respect other peopel's boundaries. I don't think it is too much to ask.

You are in the white house, for crying out loud. Even if you are a classless person in the white house, at least act a little bit classy. This is how I see it.

Old 06-14-2023, 09:55 AM

43,274 posts, read 18,408,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Oh lordy, you guys are funny. That's like saying all Republican's are insurrectionists. Hmmmm wait a minutes.

Okay I'm kidding.

I sincerely doubt anyone on the right or left is Okay with that vulgar display. You want to hyperventilate about it? Be my guest. You will anyway. It's great fodder to further an agenda isn't it.

Crazies exist on both side of the isle. Both ides should be condemned when it surfaces.
Well the media outlets are saying the outrage is coming from the conservative right as if they are a bunch of stuck up puritans.
They don't mention Dems, Liberals or the left.

Old 06-14-2023, 09:56 AM

13,651 posts, read 4,964,622 times
Quote:
You don't need to "hurt" somebody to get banned.

Good manners matter, especially in a place like white house, like it or not, admit it or not. White house is not a club or bar.

The reason that people exercise good manners at a dinner or other celebration or get together, is to show respect to the other people in your crowd, or table. This is just common sense stuff.

Even many higher end restaurants would advise you at the door to come back later with more appropriate footwear if you worn flip flops. No need to take it so personally.

They did not bully Montoya, no need to play victim card here.
No victim card; I actually agree with you. It was very gauche of her to expose herself that way at the White House. The WH has responded appropriately by banning her. So I don’t understand the outrage on this thread.

Old 06-14-2023, 09:59 AM

Quote:
No victim card; I actually agree with you. It was very gauche of her to expose herself that way at the White House. The WH has responded appropriately by banning her. So I don’t understand the outrage on this thread.
Okay It is great that we agree.

This said, I don't see any outrage either.

This title of the thread is

"Decency" Returns: White House Responds to Topless Fondling During Biden Pride Event

It looks like both conservatives and liberals agree white house did the right thing.

Old 06-14-2023, 09:59 AM

43,274 posts, read 18,408,708 times
Quote:
The thread started before the WH made a press statement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies