Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2023, 04:40 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,722,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideboy View Post
You got me! I am 100% in favor of eliminating the rape of unconscious, underage, girls from stories and movies aimed at children. I suspect most people in 1937 and 2023 would agree, but hey, feel free to disagree and argue in favor of child rape in kid's movies.
Unlike you, I am not emotionally attached to any version, and do not intend to watch any of them. So, no, I do not have a favorite, I simply explained what the original version is. Maybe trying to imitate the exact original story is not such a good idea. The producer gets to change it any way they want, which is what Disney did in 1937, and is doing again in 2024. So what?

Quote:
What was your point again?
Ask a friend to explain it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2023, 04:49 PM

18,740 posts, read 7,637,238 times

Old 07-25-2023, 06:05 PM

19,879 posts, read 9,424,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
People who desire more politically correct Snow White where the actress passes the racial purity test, might now know that the 1937 Disney version was also heavily modified, because the original one was totally unsuitable for children. In the original version she was repeatedly raped and even had babies while unconscious. When she finally wakes up after one of the kids sucks the poison splinter out of her finger (no kiss from a prince) the queen wanted to eat the children, but the king tortured her to death, so he could have Snow White instead (she was better looking, - even the mirror said so, and yes, the king was also the rapist). Of course the queen also wanted to eat Snow Whites liver and lungs.

People are outraged that the story was changed, but maybe they should demand for the original version with rape, murder, torture and cannibalism.

Who knew they were already sexualizing children over 200 yrs ago.
Wow, where did you find THAT version? I would appreciate a link.

I Googled 'original story of Snow White', and got the following, and the only point on which it agreed with your version was the "liver and lungs" aspect. No mention of rape, let alone giving birth.

https://sites.pitt.edu/~dash/grimm053.html

Another website article also mentioned the possibility of it being a REAL story -- but, again, no mention of rape.
https://elgiva.com/snow-white-histor...20her%20beauty.

Old 07-25-2023, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Wow, where did you find THAT version? I would appreciate a link.

I Googled 'original story of Snow White', and got the following, and the only point on which it agreed with your version was the "liver and lungs" aspect. No mention of rape, let alone giving birth.

https://sites.pitt.edu/~dash/grimm053.html

Another website article also mentioned the possibility of it being a REAL story -- but, again, no mention of rape.
https://elgiva.com/snow-white-histor...20her%20beauty.
Germans had some pretty weird stories for kids. Max and Moriz is another one where misbehaving kids were baked in oven and ground to pieces and fed to the chickens

Old 07-26-2023, 12:37 AM

24,447 posts, read 23,121,323 times
Saw a funny meme of Mickey Mouse lying in the gutter looking homeless and disheveled. he was begging and holding a sign that said " " Woke. Anything helps." Also saw one where Mickey was in drag with Donald giving him a shocked look.
Glad Disney is finally going down the crapper.

Old 07-26-2023, 03:30 AM

34,258 posts, read 18,634,981 times
Disney is dead. Good riddance. Something else will replace their sad and sorry excuse for entertainment as they're just more Fascist Indoctrination at this point.

Old 07-26-2023, 03:39 AM

24,716 posts, read 9,518,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Okay, I bite. If the films are so much a travesty, so unentertaining, why do people continue to go to them, to pay them money?

I mean, I know why I would not go but I am not the general public. Why do they keep going, why is Disney still getting money?
Why do people go to watch these movies?

Name recognition and childhood memories, that's why. It's the easiest playbook in Hollywood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
So if you dont care whether people see it or not, if it makes money or not etc why are you so fixated on it ?
Because we're still forced to watch all the trailers, before the movie we actually want to see, begins.

I go to the movies to see John Wick and Mission Impossible, I don't go to see woke trailers.

Old 07-26-2023, 05:33 AM

7,044 posts, read 11,347,974 times
Quote:
Unlike you, I am not emotionally attached to any version, and do not intend to watch any of them. So, no, I do not have a favorite, I simply explained what the original version is. Maybe trying to imitate the exact original story is not such a good idea. The producer gets to change it any way they want, which is what Disney did in 1937, and is doing again in 2024. So what?

Ask a friend to explain it
So you actually don't care about this movie, don't watch any of 'them', and are just playing Devil's Advocate on the internet.

I get it now, somebody changed something once about the story, so somebody can change it again. I think we can stipulate that the studio/producer/director has the ability to change the casting and story. The question is whether they should, at least that is the question that most of here are debating.

Old 07-26-2023, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westsideboy View Post
So you actually don't care about this movie, don't watch any of 'them', and are just playing Devil's Advocate on the internet.
Pretty much. I find it amazing people get so emotional over things like a Snow White fairytale, and its not even in the theatres yet. It shows how every little thing is politicized. Heck, a teen basketball player had a heart attack, and it was immediately politicized into a "right vs left" bicker match.

Quote:
I get it now, somebody changed something once about the story, so somebody can change it again. I think we can stipulate that the studio/producer/director has the ability to change the casting and story. The question is whether they should, at least that is the question that most of here are debating.
Yes, its up to them (they owners), and they changed it in 1937 and now they change it again. If they don't turn a profit, - well, that's too bad for them. Its their money to gamble with just like Bud Light did when they fumbled the ball with their ad.

Old 07-26-2023, 06:12 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,962,234 times
Quote:
People who desire more politically correct Snow White where the actress passes the racial purity test, might now know that the 1937 Disney version was also heavily modified, because the original one was totally unsuitable for children. In the original version she was repeatedly raped and even had babies while unconscious. When she finally wakes up after one of the kids sucks the poison splinter out of her finger (no kiss from a prince) the queen wanted to eat the children, but the king tortured her to death, so he could have Snow White instead (she was better looking, - even the mirror said so, and yes, the king was also the rapist). Of course the queen also wanted to eat Snow Whites liver and lungs.

People are outraged that the story was changed, but maybe they should demand for the original version with rape, murder, torture and cannibalism.

Who knew they were already sexualizing children over 200 yrs ago.
What????? Link, please. I can find no mention of this version anywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies