Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2023, 02:54 PM

50,979 posts, read 36,672,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
If it wasn't overtly sexual, I'd agree.

You've made some faulty comparisons here... and if you don't see the difference between Mrs. Doubtfire and dressing like a hooker to twerk in front of children, then you're making a deliberate effort to ignore the obvious differences.

There's something very subversive at work here... evil is being allowed to get very close to children out of fear of sounding unwoke.

It's wrong.
Will you please look up some images of story hour? I posted one, above. There is nothing sexual about it. No one is twerking they are reading a book. Kids don't think in sexual terms at all, they just see it the same as someone coming in costume.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2023, 02:58 PM

37,157 posts, read 19,268,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Will you please look up some images of story hour? I posted one, above. There is nothing sexual about it. No one is twerking they are reading a book. Kids don't think in sexual terms at all, they just see it the same as someone coming in costume.
The kids will be far more likely to encounter overt sexualism on any beach in the world, except possibly nude beaches that are far more conservative.

Old 07-18-2023, 02:58 PM

14,551 posts, read 12,204,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Please provide a link to drag queens twerking during a children’s story hour.
Quote:

Here's a montage of the inappropriate... with a few drag queens actually taking my side that it's inappropriate. 30 seconds of research time.

I don't go out of my way to see these things, but they're not hard to find.

https://youtu.be/jkZujRnHWNA

Last edited by Diana Holbrook; 07-18-2023 at 04:09 PM..

Old 07-18-2023, 03:16 PM

Quote:
They don't dress in sexy attire when they do the story hours. They wear Princess kind of stuff, long dresses.

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture...afety-1368900/

LOOK AT the picture in your link. YOUR EXAMPLE! The first picture. "Little Miss Hot Mess (!)" is showing kids a picture book of drag queens twerking IN THE STORY!

Are you seriously trying to not see this as sexual?

The second image in the article. Leopard skin mini with fish net stockings. This is a hooker outfit that isn't what I would choose to wear to a kids story hour as a man or a woman.

And this was your example, not mine.

I'm not a prude, I let adults be adults. Heck... I love Monty Python, who made careers out of dressing like women for comedic affect. But these people are dressing as hookers and expressly seeking out kids. WHY?

Last edited by Diana Holbrook; 07-18-2023 at 03:36 PM..

Old 07-18-2023, 03:46 PM

As for the Booking.com ad.... I have no problem with it! That is a costume for comedic effect. It is NOT grooming children or stripping in a girl's locker room, or competing in girl's sports.

Now more than anything, we need to learn to be discerning, people.

Old 07-18-2023, 03:51 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,874,320 times
Melissa McCarthy is unattractive, regardless of gender.

Old 07-18-2023, 05:48 PM

5,044 posts, read 2,411,272 times
The entire thread was nothing more than an an illustration that people take their trans-surfing way too seriously. It wasn't even meant to be serious and it exceeded every patriotic thread there is such as the Fourth of July. It makes me laugh when I started it I was the outraged knuckle dragger. Then the people that usually go full frontal on tranny baited attacks actually defended a person in drag because now it's an actress they like.

Now y'all know what you look like when you are outraged all the god damn time and nobody shares your contempt.perhaps a little more circumspection is advised before posting thread after thread attacking people you don't even know.

Old 07-18-2023, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
The entire thread was nothing more than an an illustration that people take their trans-surfing way too seriously. It wasn't even meant to be serious and it exceeded every patriotic thread there is such as the Fourth of July. It makes me laugh when I started it I was the outraged knuckle dragger. Then the people that usually go full on tranny baited attacks actually defended a person in drag because now it's an actress they like.

Now y'all know what you look like when you are outraged all the god damn time and nobody shares your contempt.perhaps a little more circumspection is advised before posting thread after thread attacking people you don't even know.

I'm pretty happy with how I responded to it.
My perspective doesn't depend on your motive.

Old 07-18-2023, 05:59 PM

5,044 posts, read 2,411,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
I'm pretty happy with how I responded to it.
My perspective doesn't depend on your motive.
Have you actually read the entire thread? It went in way too long over a stupid joke. It's the perfect example of the mindless internet mob being led by one blind opinion. Apparently my outrage exceeded that of even the most ardent homophobes. That's the point.

Old 07-18-2023, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
Have you actually read the entire thread? It went in way too long over a stupid joke. It's the perfect example of the mindless internet mob being led by one blind opinion.

I've read parts of it. A few are arguing with you. Some agree, some are having their own side debates... that's what the internet do. My first few replies have nothing to do with your OP. I posted on the Booking thing just to be polite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies