Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 04:52 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,476,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Knowing Fox News, the report was most likely more fair than it would have been than on CNN or MSNBC.
That's like claiming that the National Enquirer would have done a better job than Star or The Globe. Why not get your mind out of the intellectual gutter...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2008, 05:53 AM

955 posts, read 2,157,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
There have been reports on this for over 30 years.
Interesting how now that this is on Fox, it must be true.
Suddenly, it's news.
Heh.
Good grief cg! The OP told people where it was being shown, just like someone saying that they read something in the NYT. Suddenly I feel the collective blood pressure of anti FOX folks going through the roof. No wonder that when I see people like Katrina V. or Air America Rachael on TV it looks like neither of them have ever smiled in their lives they are so wound up.

Take a deep breath.

Old 06-01-2008, 06:28 AM

3,074 posts, read 4,725,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
That's like claiming that the National Enquirer would have done a better job than Star or The Globe. Why not get your mind out of the intellectual gutter...

Your just so closed you can't see the Forest or swamp I should say....A bunch of pigs all of them......Get a grip......Carrie

Old 06-01-2008, 06:35 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
I watched a part of it and these people should be prosecuted for doing this....it doesn't matter from which party they are, it is not good whoever does these things!!

Old 06-01-2008, 07:03 AM

5,341 posts, read 4,429,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thousand View Post
I watched it... nasty.

Spoken like someone who doesn't "know" Fox... actually they were balanced. I think they hit two of each for actual rip-offs and then hammered Republican leadership for messing with Senator Flake of AZ. That guy is a true American. I've seen him on CSPAN a number of times arguing against earmarks and he gets crapped on for it.

However, the fact of the matter is that if Fox was being fair, they'd of hammered the Dems much harder. If you look at the pig ratings at Citizens Against Government Waste: Homepage (http://www.cagw.org/site/PageServer - broken link) the Dems are much worse.

Although I'm a fan of the Blue Dawgs, even they're spenders by Republican averages.

The program mentions these guys Taxpayers for Common Sense and TCS Action. They went after a CA Republican Rep pretty good.
Here's a link to Chris Wallace's special. The count is two republicans and one democrat. FOXNews.com - FOX News Documentary Shows Congressmen Sent Millions in Earmarks to Their Own Families - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum

There was a thread back in the beginning of April that highlighted The Pig Book, put out by Citizens Against Government Waste. There was so little traffic on that thread I'm afraid that most of America (or maybe just CD followers) doesn't really care how wasteful our government is. //www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-pig-book.html

Old 06-01-2008, 07:42 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,476,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawporri View Post
Your just so closed you can't see the Forest or swamp I should say....A bunch of pigs all of them......Get a grip......Carrie
Do you know any of these people? Do you know any of the people who do the actual work for these people? Do you have any insight at all into what actually goes on in Washington, or are you content to take everything you'll ever know from an assortment of television tabloids and internet disinformation services?

Old 06-01-2008, 07:49 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexianPatriot View Post
I just sent fox news an email pleading for them to highlight government abuses weekly.
What a good idea! For any network to take on. They'd get great ratings....

Old 06-01-2008, 07:51 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,639,213 times
Sounds like a takeoff of Animal Farm. "Pigs in the trough".

I did see part of this and thought it was very revealing, but as someone said has been going on no doubt for many years/decades. Until we get off the couch it will continue...

The Swine Line looks like a good read.

Old 06-01-2008, 08:02 AM

3,074 posts, read 4,725,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Do you know any of these people? Do you know any of the people who do the actual work for these people? Do you have any insight at all into what actually goes on in Washington, or are you content to take everything you'll ever know from an assortment of television tabloids and internet disinformation services?
Why don't you go back to Moveon.Org where I am sure you come from.
You are closed minded and biased and hide behind the "Show me the
facts and proof."

Anyone that doesen't know that our entire government is corrupt has their head in the sand. Did you even watch the show ??????????

Old 06-01-2008, 08:02 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
What a good idea! For any network to take on. They'd get great ratings....
And the transparency would work wonders!

Plus we'd all have a warm, gooey feeling of civic participation every Sunday night.

Why hasn't anyone done this? 60 Minutes? Im sure it's been thought of. Hmmm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies