Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2023, 01:47 PM

5,046 posts, read 3,951,250 times

Advertisements

Just because we now have direct evidence (eyewitness testimony) Hunter put the big guy on speaker phone while talking to his foreign clients doesn't mean he was influence peddling.

I'm sure Joe has a perfectly reasonable explanation.

Anyone on the left interested in pursuing that explanation?

It seems our crackerjack journos keep forgetting to ask.

Old 08-01-2023, 01:47 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,137,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
One can see from this how persistent propaganda works on people.

Repeating the same message over and over does not make something true.

It makes people think it is true.
But in this case it's asking the same question, and wanting facts and evidence to answer it.

Old 08-01-2023, 01:49 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,531,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
C'mon, man. (™ Joe Biden)

I know whenever I'm at a business dinner, I automatically call my dad and put him on speakerphone so everyone can talk to him about the weather.

Doesn't everyone do that?

you'd have to be a complete idiot to buy that line of so-called 'logic.'

unfortunately there are millions who do buy it, unquestioningly.

Old 08-01-2023, 02:26 PM

593 posts, read 893,964 times
Not sure if you guys can see this:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CvakrfmS...RlODBiNWFlZA==

Old 08-01-2023, 02:30 PM
exm

3,720 posts, read 1,778,252 times
Nothing there, this is all normal...

Hunter Biden told his business partner Devon Archer to buy a burner phone in the spring of 2014 as he finalized the terms of his appointment to the board of Ukrainian natural gas firm Burisma Holdings — raising questions about whether the devices were used to conduct additional shady business involving the now-first son.

“Buy a cell phone from a 7/11 or CVS tmrw [tomorrow] and ill do the same,” Hunter, now 53, told Archer at the end of a lengthy email sent late on the evening of April 12, 2014.

Three days later, Archer met then-Vice President Joe Biden at the White House, according to visitor logs kept by the Obama administration.

Exactly a month after the email exchange, Burisma announced the then-second son had joined its board of directors.
A source familiar with Archer’s Monday deposition before the House Oversight Committee told The Post that the witness indicated the burner phones were for international use in the days before major US cellphone companies had convenient global calling plan add-ons.

Old 08-01-2023, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
Nothing there, this is all normal...

Hunter Biden told his business partner Devon Archer to buy a burner phone in the spring of 2014 as he finalized the terms of his appointment to the board of Ukrainian natural gas firm Burisma Holdings — raising questions about whether the devices were used to conduct additional shady business involving the now-first son.

“Buy a cell phone from a 7/11 or CVS tmrw [tomorrow] and ill do the same,” Hunter, now 53, told Archer at the end of a lengthy email sent late on the evening of April 12, 2014.

Three days later, Archer met then-Vice President Joe Biden at the White House, according to visitor logs kept by the Obama administration.

Exactly a month after the email exchange, Burisma announced the then-second son had joined its board of directors.
A source familiar with Archer’s Monday deposition before the House Oversight Committee told The Post that the witness indicated the burner phones were for international use in the days before major US cellphone companies had convenient global calling plan add-ons.
i always buy a burner phone when i want to chat about the weather with russian oligarchs and CCP businessmen.

don't you?

Old 08-01-2023, 02:37 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,987,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
i always buy a burner phone when i want to chat about the weather with russian oligarchs and CCP businessmen.

don't you?
Does anyone ever buy a burner phone except them try to commit crimes?

If not, your case is solid and this is all over. Congratulations!

Old 08-01-2023, 02:41 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Archer absolutely did not say that in his testimony. In fact, he stated that he never heard anything discussed about business or money while he was in the room.
I'm wondering if the Republicans wanted this hearing closed so they could lie about it.

Goldman said he was the only one who listened to all the testimony. Not a single Republican was interested enough to stick around.

Old 08-01-2023, 02:43 PM

2015 Burisma email to Hunter Biden concerning their "final goal", the "true purpose" of their "joint efforts":

Targeting "US policy-makers" to "close down any cases/pursuits against" Burisma's owner in Ukraine.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/F2dpofAXUAkDhoi.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Does anyone ever buy a burner phone except them try to commit crimes?

If not, your case is solid and this is all over. Congratulations!
I have no idea.

what case?

Old 08-01-2023, 02:47 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Amazing how Republicans have been able to spin this tale out of the thinnest bit of nothing, but can look at all the evidence presented on Trump's various criminal activities and just shrug it off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies