Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2023, 08:16 PM

20 posts, read 8,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter Coven View Post
No.

1. White cornerbacks can't find work in the NFL because their capabilities are disparaged.

2. What was disproved and when?
1. That's wrong and should be changed.

2. I disproved it in my posts on this thread about the black people I worked with. If you don't take my word for it, look up the NASA Shuttle program.

Old 07-29-2023, 08:26 PM

73,239 posts, read 62,936,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv95 View Post
If I'm going into the "Great Outdoors" to get away from it all(yes I'm black and I have gone on similar excursions), the LAST thing I want to deal with is any political/sociological garbage shoved down my throat. I don't want pride flags, Trump flags, Biden flags, RDS flags, BLM flags, etc in that type of environment. It's supposed to be me and nature. No other distractions.

Speaking of which, alot of you people in this thread are ignorant. It's not about cheap MAGA flags scaring off black folks. It's what they represent. Manigault and Green are the only ones who seem to get it, especially Mani bringing up examples. The history of Black America in the wild hasn't been pleasant, although that is slowly changing.
Thank you. Going to the great outdoors should be the great equalizer. It should be enjoyable. You get into hiking, camping, and out into nature to get away from everything. I live in the South. The last thing I want to see when going hiking anywhere is the Confederate flag. And I've been through some places where some people were flying Confederate flags.

Trump flags, Confederate flags, no one flies that for nothing. They represent something. Said persons flying them are trying to send a message. What that message is, it can be debated. However, it isn't a positive message.

There are some Black hikers and explorers trying to encourage more Black Americans to get out, explore, to get into the great outdoors. There are efforts to combat negative perceptions of the outdoors.

Old 07-29-2023, 08:31 PM

10,948 posts, read 4,683,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
You see why we need Black History Month?

https://face2faceafrica.com/article/...ted-his-voyage

see why we need just plain damn history?

you do know that those claims are completely made up and not recognized by ANY dept of anthropology right?

and we have this thing called DNA, but its convenient to create a claim that so did the spaniards and they killed everyone with african DNA...wiping out all traces

Old 07-29-2023, 08:34 PM

1030 pm-ish...still not seeing the photos or videos..

PS: has ANYONE who has posted here been anywhere NEAR a campground in the last month? ok, then why are we at 24 pages?

Old 07-29-2023, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
1030 pm-ish...still not seeing the photos or videos..

PS: has ANYONE who has posted here been anywhere NEAR a campground in the last month? ok, then why are we at 24 pages?
Last week I drove by Pedernales Falls State Park, which has a hike-in campground. Does that count?

Old 07-29-2023, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentonnite View Post
Last week I drove by Pedernales Falls State Park, which has a hike-in campground. Does that count?

I need you to upload the pictures of the trump flags.

Old 07-29-2023, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
I need you to upload the pictures of the trump flags.
Sorry. I only saw a bumper sticker that said "Make tacos, not war."

Old 07-29-2023, 09:38 PM

6,364 posts, read 11,644,168 times
I was camping in the Smokies Sunday night and most of monday.

My calendar shows 33 nights reserved in 3022 though I probably cancelled 7-8 of them.

What's your point.

Old 07-30-2023, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentonnite View Post
Sorry. I only saw a bumper sticker that said "Make tacos, not war."

careful, nbc might interpret that as being harassing of mexicans

Old 07-30-2023, 08:01 AM

18,566 posts, read 15,673,154 times
Outdoor activities during the summer are actually racist against white people, who lack the degree of natural UV protection that darker skinned people have. Sure, you can put sunblock on but most people don't even follow directions, or they miss important spots and still get burnt. If you try to be thorough, you'll likely end up getting stains on your clothes or having it run into your eyes and sting. In this sense, black folks have it relatively easy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies