Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2023, 02:56 PM

9,936 posts, read 4,693,984 times

Advertisements

Since there were argument/s preceding the murder the suspect probably won't get premeditated murder. But even considering assaulting or killing another for differing opinion is issue on to itself.

Old 07-31-2023, 08:46 PM

4,660 posts, read 4,131,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaikikiWaves View Post
From the only eyewitness being interviewed, the title is wrong.

Shirtless men were dancing while pumping gas, muslim men verbally insult them and tell them to dance elsewhere. Shirtless men insult muslim men back, say they can do whatever they want. Several times scuffles almost break up, both parties separate, and return. Then one muslim man chooses to use his phone to record shirtless men and continues to verbally harass them, one shirtless man chases after this muslim probably to fight, muslim man stabs shirtless man.

Title implies muslim men see dancing shirtless men, and stab them. This was more a garden variety fight between groups where one individual had a weapon.
You are not entirely wrong, but the one who did the harassing did the stabbing. So you are not really right, either.

Old 07-31-2023, 08:52 PM

34,099 posts, read 17,163,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
The thread title and opening post is not representative of what actually happened. It reads as if the stabber just walked up to the guy dancing ahd stabbed him when the truth is the Muslim guy had retreated and left the scene and the victim chased after him to continue the confrontation.

Now I am not defending the homophobic Muslims, just trying to set the record straight.
Killing is never justified, but as for inaccurate headline, it should be expected given the publication involved.

Old 07-31-2023, 08:56 PM

17,346 posts, read 12,305,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginwaterland View Post
The same people the left has supported and defended for years. They still do. Crimes against women by middle easterners and the left goes silent. The right realizes that you don’t have to be friends with everyone around the world. There are just some people we should not get along with. The left is afraid they might hurt someone’s feelings.
No, the left sees extreme right wing Muslims and Christians as the same. Using misinterpretations of religion to sow hate and violence in pursuit of their version of some sort of purity.

Which is different from condemning all Muslims/Christians.

Old 07-31-2023, 09:20 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,641,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Ain’t religion great?
The greatest HOAX foisted upon Humanity.

Maybe one day they will grow up.

Old 07-31-2023, 09:57 PM

2,980 posts, read 3,542,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattja View Post
The guys in shorts could have left at any time. Instead, they argued, appeared to disengage in preparation to leaving, and then came back to argue again. I guess they felt safe and protected by some kind of invisible pride force shield.

There was a scuffle leading up to the stabbing, so maybe it was self-defense?

In any case, the gay dudes have the right to be gay and flamboyant, but a little common sense goes a long way.
I hope the perpetrator is punished. It doesn't seem like this involved self-defense.

Old 07-31-2023, 11:06 PM

18,511 posts, read 9,191,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginwaterland View Post
The same people the left has supported and defended for years. They still do. Crimes against women by middle easterners and the left goes silent. The right realizes that you don’t have to be friends with everyone around the world. There are just some people we should not get along with. The left is afraid they might hurt someone’s feelings.
I know. It doesn’t make much sense for the Left to support a brutal right-wing religion like Islam. I don’t understand it either.

Old 08-01-2023, 12:31 AM

24,446 posts, read 23,121,323 times
The infidel was making his attacker get aroused sexually so what else could he do?

Old 08-01-2023, 03:52 AM

6,180 posts, read 3,394,677 times
This isn’t going to be a popular opinion, but if more Muslim people in the US means less immorality in the US, I have to admit that sounds appealing to me.

Old 08-01-2023, 06:42 AM

3,566 posts, read 1,519,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
I hope the perpetrator is punished. It doesn't seem like this involved self-defense.
If the eyewitness is correct, he was chased down by the shirtless men. While he might have provoked it with his verbal insults and recording them on his cell phone, to me this qualifies as self defense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies