Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2023, 02:26 PM

21,909 posts, read 9,483,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
This is akin to Germany getting rid of pow camps in 1946. Too little, too late, why now? Is this their bud light moment?
As I said in the first post, they are only not allowed to compete past a certain point of not having hormone blockers. So it encourages them to DO hormone blockers earlier for kids on the fence. I am surprised how everyone is seeing this as a huge win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2023, 03:51 PM

16,555 posts, read 10,607,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
As I said in the first post, they are only not allowed to compete past a certain point of not having hormone blockers. So it encourages them to DO hormone blockers earlier for kids on the fence. I am surprised how everyone is seeing this as a huge win.
Fina (the swimming governing body) has no control over hormone blockers. The only influence they have over the transgender issue is to allow, or disallow, transgender swimmers from competing against those who are not the same biological sex. Don't blame Fina for doing what they can, and not doing what they can't. Blame the government leaders who pass laws to allow hormone blockers to be given to kids.

Old 08-05-2023, 03:56 PM

4,621 posts, read 2,218,435 times
Quote:
Great news! The downside I can see is they will push hormone blockers on young kids more.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/swimming...s-transgender/

Lia Thomas banned from competing against women as swimming cracks down on transgender athletes

British sports governing bodies are under mounting pressure to reform their policies after world swimming banned transgender athletes who reached male puberty from elite women’s events.

In a seismic move for Olympic sport which will mean that American swimmer Lia Thomas can no longer compete in elite races, swimming’s rulemakers announced that transgender women must now establish that they “have not experienced any part of male puberty”.
I really don't like this not that I think meals should compete with females I definitely don't think that.

What it will do is give more cause to transitioning people earlier. A lot of these sorts of rules that are coming out say that if you went through male puberty then you can't compete so that would be the target for transition would be before puberty.

I think the rules should be if you were born male you can't compete.

This is a bit of an anecdote. Essentially 12 is the cutoff year. So take me as a 9 year old I knew there was something different about me I just didn't know what. By the time I was 12 or 13 or so I realized it was that I was gay. Now what would happen to kid like I was? I didn't conform to gender stereotypes. And that seems to be all it's based on no I think this rule should be if you're born male at all that's the cutoff.

Doesn't need to be a new rule for this we already have a rule it's called title nine.

Old 08-05-2023, 03:59 PM

5,805 posts, read 2,930,663 times
About time this circus was shut down.

Old 08-05-2023, 04:21 PM

21,909 posts, read 9,483,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankrigby View Post
I really don't like this not that I think meals should compete with females I definitely don't think that.

What it will do is give more cause to transitioning people earlier.
A lot of these sorts of rules that are coming out say that if you went through male puberty then you can't compete so that would be the target for transition would be before puberty.

This is a bit of an anecdote. Essentially 12 is the cutoff year. So take me as a 9 year old I knew there was something different about me I just didn't know what. By the time I was 12 or 13 or so I realized it was that I was gay. Now what would happen to kid like I was? I didn't conform to gender stereotypes. And that seems to be all it's based on no I think this rule should be if you're born male at all that's the cutoff.

Doesn't need to be a new rule for this we already have a rule it's called title nine.
Yep.

Old 08-05-2023, 04:59 PM

13,410 posts, read 9,941,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankrigby View Post

What it will do is give more cause to transitioning people earlier. A lot of these sorts of rules that are coming out say that if you went through male puberty then you can't compete so that would be the target for transition would be before puberty.

That would really only apply if you’re on track for elite sports at a young age, and that’s not the case for the large majority of kids, it would be the rare case indeed where that would even be a consideration.

IMO medical professionals should not allow that as a medically acceptable reason for puberty blockers. In fact in most cases, medical intervention should not be considered at all until the child is an adult. Not because I don’t think there are trans kids, I do, but because I don’t think kids are able to weigh the serious side effects with their life long consequences against the promise of immediate relief from suffering dysphoria.

I’m not going to speak to all cases and I certainly don’t think the state should be making the determination, but medical intervention (support psychologically and socially is a more prudent course, IMO) should be exercised with the utmost caution and with full understanding of future ramifications.

Old 08-05-2023, 05:05 PM

13,410 posts, read 9,941,794 times
Quote:
Why are you bringing this up a year after it’s gone into effect?

Your article is from June 2022 and there was a thread on it then.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...es-banned.html

Old 08-05-2023, 05:15 PM

4,621 posts, read 2,218,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
That would really only apply if you’re on track for elite sports at a young age, and that’s not the case for the large majority of kids, it would be the rare case indeed where that would even be a consideration.
when you're dealing with a prepubescent kid. You don't know if I'm going to want to be an athlete.
Quote:
IMO medical professionals should not allow that as a medically acceptable reason for puberty blockers. In fact in most cases, medical intervention should not be considered at all until the child is an adult. Not because I don’t think there are trans kids, I do, but because I don’t think kids are able to weigh the serious side effects with their life long consequences against the promise of immediate relief from suffering dysphoria.
in my opinion no medical professional should ever prescribe puberty blockers to any child ever unless they're experiencing precocious puberty. Regardless of gender dysphoria.

Quote:
I’m not going to speak to all cases and I certainly don’t think the state should be making the determination, but medical intervention (support psychologically and socially is a more prudent course, IMO) should be exercised with the utmost caution and with full understanding of future ramifications.
Just because a child in this age is experiencing things doesn't mean they're trans and I think the assumption that they are is malpractice.

Old 08-05-2023, 05:50 PM

9,838 posts, read 4,623,002 times
Kind of late after taking away attention and medals from female swimmers on the team and in the meets.

Old 08-05-2023, 05:52 PM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Thank goodness real women are waking up. Does that mean they're Woke? Hardly. They're Awakened!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies