Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2023, 01:44 PM

39,093 posts, read 51,295,696 times

Advertisements

He has to win the Republican primary. He wont do that by attacking Trump. Well, he won't do that no matter what he does. His only hope is that Trump drops out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2023, 01:47 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 16 days ago)

35,665 posts, read 18,021,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrish78 View Post
I mean the whole point of debate is proving how you are superior to your competition and why people should vote for you instead. If no one sees any fire or passion in the debate, your campaign is done.
It would be very refreshing to see passion, during a debate, toward how to solve a problem and not just passionate disdain for your fellow candidates.

In debates between candidates of different parties, I can see making snide remarks about the other candidate. In your own party? No. Keep it on topic, of solving problems facing us.

Old 08-08-2023, 01:48 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 16 days ago)

35,665 posts, read 18,021,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
He has to win the Republican primary. He wont do that by attacking Trump. Well, he won't do that no matter what he does. His only hope is that Trump drops out.
I agree. If DeSantis holds his ground on issues, and doesn't act crazy, and doesn't aggress against Trump but rather does take a note of defending himself while trying valiantly to keep the debate respectable and intelligent, he has a chance. Because Trump is going to be a very wounded duck come Nov. 2024.

Old 08-08-2023, 01:50 PM

10,087 posts, read 14,487,209 times
Way too little, too late.

Plus, the main issue is DeSantis is just a loser as a candidate.

He has far too narrow right wing views and is pretty goofy in front of a camera, making weird face movements, an oddball laugh, and seems angry.

Plus the video with him in the white rain boots and pants tucked in--that's just pure comedy right there. Shows the man is a bit off.

He would never win a national election.

The Republican party needs to move on from DeSantis--he ain't the answer.

Old 08-08-2023, 02:04 PM

6,739 posts, read 4,429,415 times
If DeSantis really wants to make Trump furious, I mean really angry. Call him Donald ''mashed potatoes '' Trump. As kids during a fight, Donald's older brother dumped a bowel of mashed potatoes over his head. I heard to this day it still makes him furious to hear about it. Thats Donalds's kryptonite.

Old 08-08-2023, 02:18 PM

6,824 posts, read 14,054,090 times
The only chance DeSantis has is for Trump to drop out either voluntary or involuntary. I'm not he could win the nomination if that was even to happen. He is simply not a good campaigner and he makes to many unforced errors. He overstated his value on the national scene. The problem with the GOP is the base wants a scorched earth Trump while that type of candidate cannot win the general. There are simply just so many variables in this election. Medical issues could take Biden or Trump out any day. Trump could be headed to prison. The future for all of these candidates is very cloudy but no one has been has huge of a failure as DeSantis has.

Old 08-08-2023, 02:50 PM

25,982 posts, read 22,176,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I think DeSantis's needs to be bold. His only chance is to go for the knock out punch. Daily constant attacks. Get good at it because the only way he beats Trump is that he can stand up to him, take a hit and handle it.

He did a NBC interview he admitted the obvious Trump lost in 2020. And went after Trump on the border and other issues. He needs to be relentless until takes Trump down. And really he and the other candidates need a unified message on this.

Opinions?
DeSantis isn't quick enough to be "bold" towards Trump. DeSantis may work on the state level, although I see some here that probably don't even think he is doing great with FL, but he just doesn't have the appeal to others. DeSantis is too far to the right to win, and most of us want a winner.

DeSantis and the other pubs take down Trump? Yeah, not going to happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies