Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2023, 07:09 AM

565 posts, read 474,577 times

Advertisements

Adding zillions of people is good for the environment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2023, 07:10 AM

10,200 posts, read 11,184,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
You have changed the subject. I’m not talking about kids cleaning their apartments. Do you even realize how many adults have someone to clean their house. How about those cleaning offices and schools. Americans don’t want to do that. And what does this discussion have to do with the depression. Yeah you are old.
Cap!

I work 80+ hours a week. I am born here, an AMERICAN. I clean my own house. I would never in my life hire an ILLEGAL.

Are you seriously saying, Women can't clean their home, that they have to hire people. Are you one of the lazy ones?

How many Illegals do you Hire???

-----------------------------
Always an excuse for the bleed-hearts. Illegals are here to better themselves. To do the American Jobs, jobs Americans don't wanna do. That is PURE BS.

Old 08-12-2023, 07:30 AM

27,652 posts, read 28,756,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Maybe the man should stay home and the woman can be the sole breadwinner. People do evaluate the cost of childcare when deciding to work outside the home, my wife & I did, we decided that it wasn't worth it. Years later when I was on shore duty she went to work in the late afternoon while I was home to watch the kids.
In the vast majority of families, the husband works more hours and earns more money than the wife. This is especially true for families with children. There is a significant reduction in the wife’s income.

So, the husband doesn’t have the time and it doesn’t make sense for him to do the household chores in addition to all the work he already has to do.

Old 08-12-2023, 07:52 AM

63,038 posts, read 29,243,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojavedweller View Post
You didn't pay attention to the main part of odinloki's post - many of those places have been destabilized by U.S. policy. Monroe Doctrine gone haywire. America reaps the harvest of empire.
Oh this ole crap again? It doesn't matter anyway these foreigners have no right to take it out on the innocent citizens of our country by invading it illegally or making bogus asylum claims. We have no vote in foreign policy. How far back do you want to go to justify illegal immigration into our country?

You're all over the place in here. You say you oppose illegal immigration but in some of your posts you seem to defend it.

Old 08-12-2023, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Yeah, and you think that I might be an illegal alien.
"Might" doesn't equate to "you are'! Now I'm done with your crap off to my ignore list you go. Your views and posts are all over the place including not being able to comprehend the differences and meanings of words and twisting most of mine. You even made the claim that peope in this forum have said that if you speak Spanish you must be a traitor to our country. Not one damned person has said that including myself! You might want to check your dishonest meter! WTH is wrong with you? Buh, bye!

Old 08-12-2023, 07:56 AM

27,652 posts, read 28,756,270 times
Quote:
You didn't pay attention to the main part of odinloki's post - many of those places have been destabilized by U.S. policy. Monroe Doctrine gone haywire. America reaps the harvest of empire.
Some countries are corrupt, unstable and dangerous because the people there don’t seem to know any other way to live.

The corruption runs through every level of their society. It is not just the king pins or drug lords.

Old 08-12-2023, 08:06 AM

6,576 posts, read 7,179,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
... and yet, at the same time, there have been complaints that the population isn't growing enough, that there aren't enough people working or willing to work, not enough people to pay into social security, not enough people willing to join the military.
They work for cash as they don’t have social security numbers needed for work. I have a client friend with a 4 plex in crap part of Mpls and one of the 4 bedroom apartments has illegals. About 8-10 people live there and they pay rent on time each month and with cash. He knows they can’t easily find another place to live if he ever kicks them out. He is raising their rent because utilities are included (because they can’t actually get them without ss numbers) and they use so much due to family size. His two buildings are for sale now as a developer will buy and tear down and build an apartment building and they will be forced to leave.

As far as construction world here most are great, fast, and efficient. A friend of mine is Hispanic and he just took a six figure a year job in Fargo with a bigger construction company just so he can go recruit Mexicans to work for them. He only got this job because he is Mexican and he told me this. Lol he needs to start speaking more Spanish as he’s not super fluent in it!

Old 08-12-2023, 08:20 AM

10,518 posts, read 4,074,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
Given the number of "got away's", that number is probably closer to fifty million, but they all have an impact on our daily lives.

Forty million people have to live somewhere. "The rent is ridiculous and unaffordable" is a common phrase I hear, to which I respond, "Where do you think forty million illegal aliens live?" How much cheaper would rent be with forty million less people driving up demand?

Forty million people have to eat. How much cheaper would food be with forty million less people driving up demand?

Forty million people have to drink and use water. How much cheaper would water be with forty million less people driving up demand. How much do illegal aliens in the south west affect the water supply during droughts?

Forty million people need healthcare. Illegal aliens tend to use ER's as their primary physicians. Meaning, they're clogging up needed healthcare for people who are supposed to be here. Not to mention, how much inflated prices are we paying to cover the losses from treating illegal aliens?

Forty million people need electricity. How much better off would our electric grid be with forty million less people straining it?

Forty million people need gasoline. How much cheaper would gasoline be without forty million people raising demand?

And, so on. And, so on. And, so on.

How many of our problems can be traced to at least forty million people who are not supposed to be in our country?
I'm curious about the data of the immigrant child making up the school systems in major cities these days. And how many of these families are able to live here thanks to welfare? Companies are able to pay the Mexican worker minimum wage because she can get by thanks to the welfare programs. I'm surrounded by migrant workers and while they do work hard, they also seem to be able to afford brand new trucks, designer clothes and have big family parties every weekend.

Old 08-12-2023, 08:25 AM

21,979 posts, read 9,562,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Maybe the man should stay home and the woman can be the sole breadwinner. People do evaluate the cost of childcare when deciding to work outside the home, my wife & I did, we decided that it wasn't worth it. Years later when I was on shore duty she went to work in the late afternoon while I was home to watch the kids.
Yeah, go ask 10 women if they would rather be the sole breadwinner in their family? I will wait for your report back.

Old 08-12-2023, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
They work for cash as they don’t have social security numbers needed for work. I have a client friend with a 4 plex in crap part of Mpls and one of the 4 bedroom apartments has illegals. About 8-10 people live there and they pay rent on time each month and with cash. He knows they can’t easily find another place to live if he ever kicks them out. He is raising their rent because utilities are included (because they can’t actually get them without ss numbers) and they use so much due to family size. His two buildings are for sale now as a developer will buy and tear down and build an apartment building and they will be forced to leave.

As far as construction world here most are great, fast, and efficient. A friend of mine is Hispanic and he just took a six figure a year job in Fargo with a bigger construction company just so he can go recruit Mexicans to work for them. He only got this job because he is Mexican and he told me this. Lol he needs to start speaking more Spanish as he’s not super fluent in it!
If you are referring to Spanish speaking illegals that isn't always the case. A tract of homes across the road from me was built with illegal labor and they did such a shoddy job that many of the homeowners up and left them after awhile. Fast or working hard does not necessarily equate to efficient. Doesn't matter anyway illegals have no right to work here and they are chasing Americans off those jobs by working for less. Americans are great, fast and efficient workers to.

Your friend it an anti-American traitor if he is going to hire illegal aliens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies