Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2023, 05:42 PM

13,742 posts, read 8,004,726 times

Advertisements

Ice Cube still holds clout within the Black community. Will be interesting if Cube comes out in support of Trump in 2024.

Scrolling through Twitter a couple of weeks ago, I came across a clip of rightwing commentator Tucker Carlson interviewing a face I never thought I’d see on his platform: Ice Cube.

As in **** Tha Police Ice Cube.

“What planet am I on right now?” I found myself thinking.

In a two-part segment, Ice Cube and Carlson commiserated about cancel culture and cast doubt on the safety of the Covid vaccine. “It was six months, kind of a rush job and I didn’t feel safe,” Ice Cube said about his widely-publicized resistance to the Covid shot. He also claimed that he’s been banned from appearing on the talkshows The View and Oprah because he is too much of an “independent thinker”.

It seems Ice Cube has become quite the conservative media darling lately, sitting down with not just Carlson, but Joe Rogan and Piers Morgan as well. He’s joining a long list of rappers – Kanye West, Da Baby, Kodak Black, Lil Pump – who have all put themselves in dangerous proximity to conservative politicians even as rightwing populism threatens to destroy their communities...

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ative-ice-cube

Old 08-11-2023, 07:00 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Ice Cube still holds clout within the Black community. Will be interesting if Cube comes out in support of Trump in 2024.

Scrolling through Twitter a couple of weeks ago, I came across a clip of rightwing commentator Tucker Carlson interviewing a face I never thought I’d see on his platform: Ice Cube.

In a two-part segment, Ice Cube and Carlson commiserated about cancel culture and cast doubt on the safety of the Covid vaccine. “It was six months, kind of a rush job and I didn’t feel safe,” Ice Cube said about his widely-publicized resistance to the Covid shot. He also claimed that he’s been banned from appearing on the talkshows The View and Oprah because he is too much of an “independent thinker”.

It seems Ice Cube has become quite the conservative media darling lately, sitting down with not just Carlson, but Joe Rogan and Piers Morgan as well. He’s joining a long list of rappers – Kanye West, Da Baby, Kodak Black, Lil Pump – who have all put themselves in dangerous proximity to conservative politicians even as rightwing populism threatens to destroy their communities...

This article is an example of how the left does not approve of black people stepping out of their lines of what the left thinks black people are supposed to believe.

Old 08-11-2023, 07:04 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Doesn't matter. Those rappers going to the right won't get more Black people to go to the right. Stacey Dash is supposedly a right winger. She's persona non grata in the Black American population. Candace Owen is a Black right winger, and young. She's not having much influence on Black Americans.

Old 08-11-2023, 07:05 PM

7,345 posts, read 3,819,045 times
The problem is these ignorant black men need woke white women to tell them how to think.

Old 08-11-2023, 07:14 PM

6,669 posts, read 2,975,051 times
What? They don't all think alike? lol

Whaddya know.

Old 08-11-2023, 07:16 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,138,284 times
"You aint black.."~ FJB

Old 08-11-2023, 07:34 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
What does the left think they have to offer the black community?

Old 08-11-2023, 08:02 PM

13,742 posts, read 8,004,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Doesn't matter. Those rappers going to the right won't get more Black people to go to the right. Stacey Dash is supposedly a right winger. She's persona non grata in the Black American population. Candace Owen is a Black right winger, and young. She's not having much influence on Black Americans.
Sure it does or the woman who wrote the article wouldn't have cared

Old 08-11-2023, 08:18 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I think it’s going to happen to some extent whether you like it or not. Maybe not necessarily due to rappers, but because it will be more apparent that government Dems continue to let people down.

Old 08-11-2023, 08:18 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post

In the opinion of Tayo Bero.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies