Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2023, 08:11 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,088,583 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
Honest question, I'm not trolling.

Don't you ever get tired? I'm genuinely trying to break through your online persona and ask the real you, whoever you are.

Don't you get tired?

Old 08-24-2023, 08:20 AM

1,018 posts, read 641,560 times
Quote:
What you are implying and what that article says are two entirely different things.

Just because she disagrees with DT and doesn't like the fact that he launched an attack on democracy of which she plays a major role in, doesn't make her "dirty."

I guess to be clean means she has to be beholden to DT and on his payroll. So yeah. Okay.

Old 08-24-2023, 08:23 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,715,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
They are codefendants. If one of them is convicted, per the RICO laws, they are all guilty and they are all going to prison.
I'm not sure that's true. The prosecutor has to prove that each individual defendant participated in the RICO conspiracy, which might include showing that they participated in the planning and execution of the scheme. For example, if the jury finds that Trump and Eastman conspired on the various counts, it won't mean that the fake electors conspired. The government has to show that the fake electors knowingly participated, however that's defined

Old 08-24-2023, 09:48 AM

25,449 posts, read 9,813,207 times
Quote:
How so? She received a confirmation vote in the Senate of 95-0.

Old 08-24-2023, 10:06 AM

3,098 posts, read 3,786,704 times
Quote:
“These include her public assertions that the 2020 election was beyond reproach, that the Jan. 6 protests were orchestrated by Trump, and that the former president is guilty of crimes. She has described Jan. 6 as a “mob attack” on “the very foundation of our democracy” and branded the issue at the heart of the case she is hearing – Trump’s claim that the 2020 election was stolen – a conspiracy theory.”

Sounds like she doesn’t live in the MAGA echo chamber

1)No evidence of widespread election fraud was found by republican state elected officials, republican election officials, Trumps attorney general, the DOJ , the FBI , DHS cybersecurity head, multiple White House counsel, trump campaign counsel, director and assistant director of doj, having 60+ court cases dismissed due to lack of evidence (many by GOP judges ), multiple recounts some by hand.

2)she is not the only judge who has looked at trumps actions and felt he likely violated criminal statutes. As evidenced by his multiple criminal indictments and rulings by other jurists

3)absurd theories with no evidence is what I call a conspiracy theory:
Special forces in Germany absconded with ballots
Italian satellites downloaded votes into voting machines
Truckloads of ballots were brought in
Dominion/ Hugo Chavez voting machines changed votes
Chinese bamboo ballots
Poll workers hiding boxes of ballots
Mystery Ink in Arizona.

Old 08-24-2023, 10:14 AM

12,906 posts, read 15,664,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldBankhead View Post
What you are implying and what that article says are two entirely different things.

Just because she disagrees with DT and doesn't like the fact that he launched an attack on democracy of which she plays a major role in, doesn't make her "dirty."

I guess to be clean means she has to be beholden to DT and on his payroll. So yeah. Okay.
I think any judge not appointed by Trump is deemed "dirty." If they are appointed by Trump and then go against him, they are RINOs now or part of the Deep State. Lather, rinse, repeat. It's very obvious that, to Trump accolytes, the only judges that are legitimate are those that will always rule his way.

Old 08-24-2023, 11:21 AM

3,649 posts, read 1,603,700 times
I'm seeing yt vids that Trump may have immunity since he was acting as a federal official, based on Nixon vr Fitsgerald. Any possibility of this?

Old 08-24-2023, 11:22 AM

13,212 posts, read 21,835,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"there's no telling what Donald Trump might do to stay out of federal prison...."

Well, we now you are NOT neutral but wouldn't everybody do every thing they could do to NOT go to prison, except maybe you?

Keep reading your left biased sources!

"
Politico – Bias and Credibility

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/politico/

Just out of curiosity where are the feds with all the classified doc biden has?

Funny, we haven't a word since the original discovery?

Explain this.

Why haven't we heard anything from your "trusted source Politico?

Why do you think that is?

You always leave out the credibility rating.

A slight bias and high factual rating is extremely good. Your attempts to impeach Politicos credibility using MediaBiasFactCheck is very disingenuous.

Show us a better site that you use that has better than a slight bias and Highly Factual credibility rating. I bet you won't do it.

And BTW, the FACTUAL criteria is more important than bias. There's nothing inherently wrong with moderate bias as long at the article is FACTUAL. Facts matter more than bias.

Old 08-24-2023, 11:46 AM

37,227 posts, read 19,219,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james112 View Post
I'm seeing yt vids that Trump may have immunity since he was acting as a federal official, based on Nixon vr Fitsgerald. Any possibility of this?
As much chance as Rush Limbaugh has of becoming the nominee.

Old 08-24-2023, 11:51 AM

5,315 posts, read 2,115,337 times
Fani Willis is now asking for the trial to start Oct 23, 2023 after Kenneth Chesebro asked for a speedy trial. Will not likely happen, might just be to call Chesebro's bluff, I am seeing people say.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/08/24/trum...ial-start.html

Quote:
Willis directly cited Chesebro’s demand in her filing Thursday.

Chesebro’s lawyers, Scott Grubman and Manny Arora, in a statement to NBC News about Willis’ filing, said, “Mr. Chesebro will be prepared to move forward with trial for whatever date the Court ultimately sets.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.