Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 09:04 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,675,147 times

Advertisements

That is what bothers me about anyone whte or black or any other race;attending a white supremist meeting or black it is all about what that person is really thinking.Remember when some candidate was called racist not to long ago for saying "you people". I just don't trust him any more than a ex-KKK member.

Old 06-06-2008, 12:44 AM

1,217 posts, read 4,027,723 times
It doesn't threaten or worry me. But I bet the Democrats are praying to God that it doesn't happen. Once the mentality of entitlement is decimated and blacks realize they can "do it" themselves, the Democrats will lose a lucrative voting block. This terrifies them.

Old 06-06-2008, 11:55 AM
miu

17,765 posts, read 40,091,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmulk View Post
It doesn't threaten or worry me. But I bet the Democrats are praying to God that it doesn't happen. Once the mentality of entitlement is decimated and blacks realize they can "do it" themselves, the Democrats will lose a lucrative voting block. This terrifies them.
I don't follow your logic. Blacks are only 15% of the population. And going after specific voter blocks are not much different that catering to lobbyists. Politicians need to just focus on doing what's best for our country as a whole.

Old 06-06-2008, 01:38 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,675,147 times
That'sit so many specail interest that many never think of.I thnik ll that got a dot a check from the feds of a so called refund just became a special interest group really. One is as big a problwem as another when we do it on credit.When will the nexttryout for a handout occur.I agree but have heard different figures for the black population from 12-15%;but still small.

Old 06-06-2008, 04:57 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,755,915 times
texdav technically, you're the new minority- white guys. hahahaha
Lets see if his vote changes.

Old 06-06-2008, 10:24 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,338,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.H81 View Post
As the Obama movement continues more and more black folks are getting involved in the political process and are becoming aware of how things work in America. My questions for the majority is. Does this scare you? As more and more people step up and understand there rights and make goals not to be some manufactured BET/MTV image how does that make you feel? Do you feel that America will become a better place? or will it make the divide grow? Can you take the feeling of some black person beating you out on a job due to him/her out classing you and not having the "he only got the job because he was black" excuse. I ask all these questions because I see this fear in some people. They don't want to admit to it, but its what I feel in the gut. weather I'm right or wrong in my assumption, I honestly want to know how you feel.
I have news for you. Blacks have been participating in the process and competing for jobs. This has been ongoing with increasing frequency for generations now. There is tremendous fear in this country by a very large segment of very insecure whites of black achievement. It is why retarded phrases like "reverse discrimination" were conjured up. Many whites feel entitled and mistakenly think that a black person who beats them out of a job somehow received speciial consideration or "help." The plain and simple fact is that these people are simply better and kudos to those who recognize it and are blind to race. It is why Republicans, with their racially divisive, ineffective agenda must use war as a mean to get elected. They must use fear rather because they don't have any superior, effective, inclusive, racially-fair policies.

Barack Obama is but one of a multitude of very brilliant people who exist in this country. Perhaps he will be one of the first presidents in recent memory who will employ mechanisms to identify and prosecute those racists who deny opportunity for racial reasons. This is what has the racists shaking in their boots right now. I imagine the prospect of living in an environment that identifies and prosecutes one for racist behavior and discrimination. Must be quite unsettling to them. These fearful and inept people must be identified though and moved aside so that the more capable and more versatile people (which includes those of other races) can take their rightful place.

Old 06-06-2008, 10:41 PM

413 posts, read 781,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
I have news for you. Blacks have been participating in the process and competing for jobs.
Barack Obama is but one of a multitude of very brilliant people who exist in this country..
- African American workers were doing better, were more competitive in factories with union wages in the 1960s in Detroit than now, dealing drugs or working in stores, fast foods, the only real source of employment in their neighborhoods in the private sector.

- Obama is not more Black than White, and he, like his wife, his "mentor", are so racist that many doubt inter-marriage is going to solve problems of racial anomisity in the United States.

Old 06-06-2008, 10:52 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,089,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jufrbo View Post
They are voting for him because he is black. It has nothing to do with anyone suddenly becoming informed about anything. Blacks vote as a block. They vote for who promises the most. (Democrats) Blacks have been voting for Democrats for years, yet there is still a large portion of the population, living in urban ghettos by fault of no one but themselves. Yet as long as some one tells them it is Whitey's fault and personal responsibilty does not apply to them, they wil continue to vote for Democrats. Black or white.

Remarkable how quickly the Japanese community got back on there feet after they were literally stripped of all of there belongings and forced into camps for nearly five years. They started from scratch, and sixty years later, do better than most white folks. It has been over 150 years since slavery ended and over 40 years since the passing of the Civil Rights Act. When does it stop being everyone else's fault?
I'm white and I'm not voting for him because he is black, I'm voting for him because I believe he is sincere and I think he can bring around changes that this country needs. I never did feel I was voting for the lesser of evils. I don't know how many voted for him because he is black but if that were true, I would imagine a good many would not vote for him because he is black. I'snt it about time we get past race and see people as people?

Old 06-07-2008, 07:31 PM

2,684 posts, read 6,875,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
I'm white and I'm not voting for him because he is black, I'm voting for him because I believe he is sincere and I think he can bring around changes that this country needs. I never did feel I was voting for the lesser of evils. I don't know how many voted for him because he is black but if that were true, I would imagine a good many would not vote for him because he is black. I'snt it about time we get past race and see people as people?
You think it is just a coincidence that over 90% of black voters support him?

Old 06-07-2008, 07:33 PM

250 posts, read 334,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.H81 View Post
I honestly want to know how you feel.
Your spelling and tone tell us you are a racist, so feel free to **** off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.