Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2023, 03:40 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,434,576 times

Advertisements

DeSantis is an idiot to suggest that we attack our neighbor, Mexico.

That is some scary chit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2023, 03:42 PM

1,676 posts, read 1,533,680 times
Fascism always needs an enemy and Mexico is a very, very convenient one once all the "undesirables" of the US are stamped out.

Old 08-25-2023, 04:29 PM

7,141 posts, read 4,735,089 times
What a bunch of hypocrites.
Where was your outrage about Obama and his drones killing thousands including over 300 civilians, and then joking about how “good” he was at “killing people.”

Get the cartel drug-producing sites knocked out with drones.
Great idea.
DeSantis said nothing about “going to war” with Mexico.
Stop making stuff up.

QUOTE:
The 542 drone strikes that Obama authorized killed an estimated 3,797 people, including 324 civilians. As he reportedly told senior aides in 2011: “Turns out I’m really good at killing people. Didn’t know that was gonna be a strong suit of mine.”
https://www.cfr.org/blog/obamas-final-drone-strike-data

Old 08-25-2023, 04:43 PM

25,940 posts, read 22,089,429 times
What if we simply put the military on the border until it can be secured? We then start enforcing our immigration laws, plus "detain and deport", and send millions packin' back to their homes south of the border.

The problem is demand in this country. It isn't like illegal drugs crawl across the floor and enter the body of someone. I don't want to send our troops into danger because we have people who can't control what they put in their own body! We probably have a 100 people in their early 20s sitting in the county jail in a city with a population of 25,000, and these are the people that would traditionally be holding some of those jobs that can't be filled, if they were not being enabled by the lack of law enforcement by the federal government!!! Many cities enjoy those "war on drugs" dollars too much to actually work to end the problem.

No war with Mexico. We just need to clean up our own country. The drugs are coming in because the brain dead POTUS and his puppet masters are allowing them. Gangs? Same thing, being allowed. Maybe we instead take care of the problem by voting out every single Democrat that has allowed our current situation.

How could the greatest country in the world (per some) not be able to stop this invasion from the southern border, the illegal drugs, illegal weapons, illegal aliens, criminal aliens, the cartels, the coyotes, etc. yet send billions to foreign countries or billions and American troops to protect the borders of their countries?

The federal government does not want this to stop. War simply moves more taxpayer money to the federal contractors, who in turn, donate to political campaigns. And, a populace that are addicted to drugs is much more cooperative.

War with Mexico over our country not keeping our border secure, seriously, that has to be the stupidest thing I have heard in a long time!

Old 08-25-2023, 05:08 PM

12,960 posts, read 9,473,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotweatherlover1982 View Post
I think it's hilarious how liberals claim this strain the relationship between United States and Mexico.

A vast majority of America's problems can be traced to Mexico.

A vast majority of America's problems are because it borders Mexico which is a country used for trafficking and cartel purposes only.

Amazing the war that Mexico has perpetuated against the United States for many years.

There would be very little use of illicit substances in the United States, if this country weren't next to country of cartels that borders this country to the south.

The President of Mexico and terrible people who vote for the Mexican politicians they have now has allowed an American genocide to happen for many years.

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/4...ls-on-day-one/
I support DeSantis' position, but doesn't violate the Posse Comitatus Act?

Old 08-25-2023, 05:09 PM

12,960 posts, read 9,473,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
DeSantis is an idiot to suggest that we attack our neighbor, Mexico.

That is some scary chit.
I don't think that's what he was suggesting. He proposed using the military to keep illegals out, in other words, to protect the United States. Problem is, I'm not sure it's legal to use military members in that capacity.

Old 08-25-2023, 05:12 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,795,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
I don't think that's what he was suggesting. He proposed using the military to keep illegals out, in other words, to protect the United States. Problem is, I'm not sure it's legal to use military members in that capacity.
He said he would send Special Forces over the border on day 1
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/des...-right-i-would

Old 08-25-2023, 05:41 PM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
He said he would send Special Forces over the border on day 1
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/des...-right-i-would
Which can be viewed as an act of war. Imagine if another nation sent their special forces into our country to muck around at will. Every single right winger on this board would consider it an act of aggression. And they would be right.

Old 08-25-2023, 05:56 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,795,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Which can be viewed as an act of war. Imagine if another nation sent their special forces into our country to muck around at will. Every single right winger on this board would consider it an act of aggression. And they would be right.
Exactly!

Old 08-25-2023, 06:22 PM

35,680 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
What a bunch of hypocrites.
Where was your outrage about Obama and his drones killing thousands including over 300 civilians, and then joking about how “good” he was at “killing people.”

Get the cartel drug-producing sites knocked out with drones.
Great idea.
DeSantis said nothing about “going to war” with Mexico.
Stop making stuff up.

QUOTE:
The 542 drone strikes that Obama authorized killed an estimated 3,797 people, including 324 civilians. As he reportedly told senior aides in 2011: “Turns out I’m really good at killing people. Didn’t know that was gonna be a strong suit of mine.”
https://www.cfr.org/blog/obamas-final-drone-strike-data
Did Obama just walk in and do this or partner with the country in question ???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies