Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2023, 09:08 PM

172 posts, read 123,537 times

Advertisements

At least the vaccines are coming out as the COVID is causing some schools to close, the COVID is causes some some universties to implement mask mandates and vaccine mandates also.

It is rather interesting how there is a tremendous amount of new COVID variants that have surged out of the blue, just a few weeks before he three new COVID vaccines.

The one vaccine I easily found data on said: "" protein-based XBB COVID vaccine candidate induced neutralizing antibody responses to the EG.5.1 and XBB.1.16.6 subvariants in small animal and non-human primate studies."

The COVID is already closing some schools, some colleges are back to requiring masks and many colleges have vaccine mandates.

Many of the COVID vaccine manufacturers, months ago were talking about a "vaccine drive" this fall in talks with their shareholders and in the next few weeks, some of the vaccines with only data from primates and small animals likely be available.

" protein-based XBB COVID vaccine candidate induced neutralizing antibody responses to the EG.5.1 and XBB.1.16.6 subvariants in small animal and non-human primate studies."

"Adverse Reactions
Adverse reactions reported in clinical trials following administration of the Novavax COVID-19 Vaccine, Adjuvanted include injection site pain/tenderness, fatigue/malaise, muscle pain, headache, joint pain, nausea/vomiting, injection site redness, injection site swelling, fever, chills, injection site pruritus, hypersensitivity reactions, lymphadenopathy-related reactions, myocarditis, and pericarditis."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1bqL9gVTm8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C37BPxrG10c

https://seekingalpha.com/news/399836...-vaccine-sales

https://ir.novavax.com/press-release...and-XBB-1-16-6

https://www.forbes.com/sites/dereksa...h=189ade6448bc

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-cov...-what-to-know/

Old 08-25-2023, 09:30 PM

19,879 posts, read 9,431,110 times
You might find this thread interesting if you have not seen it already:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...g-out-all.html

Many people are wondering what the CDC official specifically meant about "pulling out all the stops" to get people vaccinated.

Old 08-25-2023, 09:50 PM

18,740 posts, read 7,638,842 times
COVID surge closes some schools, vaccines with efficacy data from primates and small animals still weeks away

Covid didn't close any schools.

Gullible people with ideas that weren't close to true, closed schools.

Sounds like the same thing is happening again today.

Old 08-25-2023, 09:50 PM

27,703 posts, read 16,194,432 times
Where is the investigation into who created this virus in the first place? I think we'd be better off without a million biolabs playin with fire all over the place.
Gee, I wonder what nefarious action the thought of mega profits could spurn

Old 08-26-2023, 09:26 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,817,815 times
Okay here we go again with the tin foil hats coming out in force with conspiracy theories.

Without vaccines we would have polio, small pox, measles, chicken pox. and yes Covid running rampant. That's the bottom line. Not which pharma is making big bucks. You don't think they made money with the polio vaccine and all of the others? It isn't this or that. It's both. Yes they make money, and yes, vaccines are effective.

You know what, you just go right ahead and do you. I'll take your booster.

I haven't modified my behavior or worn a mask again yet. Covid is not running rampant here, but when it does, I will reassess. I will also hopefully be getting the booster in about two weeks.

I haven't had even a cold in years now and I'm rather enjoying this long long stretch of not being miserable. I was worried about it when I spent those couple of days in the pediatric unit with our friends autistic son, but those N95 masks worked. I will buy the same brand again when my stash expires or are used up.

Old 08-26-2023, 09:55 AM

5,199 posts, read 3,120,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Without vaccines we would have polio, small pox, measles, chicken pox. and yes Covid running rampant. That's the bottom line. Not which pharma is making big bucks. You don't think they made money with the polio vaccine and all of the others? It isn't this or that. It's both. Yes they make money, and yes, vaccines are effective.
The traditional vaccines you cited for polio, measles, etc. are proven effective at preventing infection. MRNA “vaccines” are the bizarre result of DARPA-funded competitive “bake offs” where multiple pharma companies tried different approaches to confer immune response. The goal from the outset was rapid response to bio-threats, not efficacy or safety. As a result these treatment regimes (I will not call them vaccines) result in strange outcomes and it will be years, perhaps decades, before any of this is understood.

I took the Janssen jab (adenovirus), and never developed COVID. Other family members had the MRNA+boosters and every one of them were infected, some multiple times. Just a coincidence I’m sure.

Old 08-26-2023, 10:32 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,817,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimAZ View Post
The traditional vaccines you cited for polio, measles, etc. are proven effective at preventing infection. MRNA “vaccines” are the bizarre result of DARPA-funded competitive “bake offs” where multiple pharma companies tried different approaches to confer immune response. The goal from the outset was rapid response to bio-threats, not efficacy or safety. As a result these treatment regimes (I will not call them vaccines) result in strange outcomes and it will be years, perhaps decades, before any of this is understood.

I took the Janssen jab (adenovirus), and never developed COVID. Other family members had the MRNA+boosters and every one of them were infected, some multiple times. Just a coincidence I’m sure.
It is a coincidence. Some people are more susceptible, and I unfortunately fall in that category. I had Covid pre-vax in the very early days before Covid was a thing. It was 8 weeks of roller coaster hell. I caught Delta post vax and it was a piece of cake. I didn't realize I had it until I totally lost my sense of smell for a couple of weeks. I've also had RSV multiple times from working in pediatrics with RSV patients. Some lucky people don't get Covid. My neighbor's husband had it but she did not catch it. My husband post vax did not get Delta when I had it. The vaccine has nothing to do with me catching it again, but it sure made my body more prepared to handle it a second time. That's just more disinformation. It's sad, but people fall for this garbage time and time again. Covid is a difficult bug. It's unlike anything we've seen before and not to be played with. I WILL definitely get the next booster. It is a combination of the vaccines and some immunity from previous infections (that fades unfortunately) that has helped stamp down this pandemic.

Old 08-26-2023, 10:34 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,783,232 times
There was a covid surge last winter but don’t remember people panicking like this but that’s probably because there wasn’t a new vaccine to sell.

Old 08-26-2023, 10:36 AM

1,236 posts, read 3,922,095 times
Time to go get your 10th booster so you can save all those lives except your own when you die suddenly or unexpectedly.

Old 08-26-2023, 10:48 AM

8,283 posts, read 3,523,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
Okay here we go again with the tin foil hats coming out in force with conspiracy theories.

You know what, you just go right ahead and do you. I'll take your booster.

I haven't modified my behavior or worn a mask again yet. Covid is not running rampant here, but when it does, I will reassess. I will also hopefully be getting the booster in about two weeks.

I haven't had even a cold in years now and I'm rather enjoying this long long stretch of not being miserable. I was worried about it when I spent those couple of days in the pediatric unit with our friends autistic son, but those N95 masks worked. I will buy the same brand again when my stash expires or are used up.
Vaccines don't keep COVID from running rampant.

I am being slowly and painfully killed by my immune system because I was forced to receive vaccinations as a child. It would have been far better to have gotten a disease and recovered from it than to be slowly killed this way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies