Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2023, 07:46 AM

6,706 posts, read 5,954,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
On the subject of international embarrassment, the whole world watched his goons beat up 130 cops.
You keep repeating that as though it's factual. In reality, the protesters on 1/6 were not beating up cops. There was some shoving incidents, that's about it.

Old 08-30-2023, 08:12 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,478,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post
You keep repeating that as though it's factual. In reality, the protesters on 1/6 were not beating up cops. There was some shoving incidents, that's about it.
Over 100 capitol police were injured.

By June 4 of 2021 there were still 17 officers out and recovering from injuries inflicted on January 6. More than four months and still healing.

Also, there is this:
Four officers who responded to U.S. Capitol attack have died by suicide

So we know there was a deep psychological toll taken as well.

~

Last edited by Hesychios; 08-30-2023 at 08:21 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 08-30-2023, 08:15 AM
JRR

8,178 posts, read 5,683,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post
Despite all the preponderance of evidence to the contrary (much of it video by the idiots themselves) it is truly amazing how some people can cling to the fairy tale that January 6th was no big deal like a life raft in the ocean.

Old 08-30-2023, 12:33 PM

25,999 posts, read 22,187,436 times
The same reason they lose their collective minds over anyone that stands out in GOP party as a competitor against their "candidate". I mean, they just want to distract themselves and everyone else from their reality, and I totally understand that as should most with all the issues in the news related to the current administration!

Old 08-30-2023, 12:38 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,097,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
The same reason they lose their collective minds over anyone that stands out in GOP party as a competitor against their "candidate". I mean, they just want to distract themselves and everyone else from their reality, and I totally understand that as should most with all the issues in the news related to the current administration!
Well, sure...except for that little niggling fact that no liberals actually are "losing their minds" over Ramaswamy. Nope, not a one. If you read the thread you would have known that was pure OP fantasy to begin with. Most of us think he's a tool. Turns out many Conservatives in this thread do, too.

Old 08-30-2023, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
Despite all the preponderance of evidence to the contrary (much of it video by the idiots themselves) it is truly amazing how some people can cling to the fairy tale that January 6th was no big deal like a life raft in the ocean.
Except for antifa thugs who were trying to instigate violence, and possibly FBI plants as well, probably 99% of the people were demonstrating peacefully. It was only when the police were trying to push the crowd back, spray them with chemicals, etc., that things got violent. The crowd was unarmed and no police were shot or stabbed. I saw the GAO report that claims 114 police were injured, but it doesn't state the nature or seriousness of their injuries: cuts and bruises? Broken bones? Contusions? crippled for life? Some more information would be welcome.

And again, not to be whataboutistic but on the grand scale of riots, this one was pretty mild compared to other riots in that same area such as the one where they burned down that church next to the Capitol, and the "summer of love" 2020 riots in which buildings were burned down & dozens of people killed. Yet, somehow, only just this one event is singled out by Democrats as the worst thing since the Civil War?? Give me a break.

Old 08-30-2023, 01:52 PM

5,546 posts, read 3,954,093 times
'Disarming and alarming' is the faintest of praise, if it can be called praise at all. I'm a big Maher fan, fwiw

Old 08-31-2023, 06:01 AM

25,887 posts, read 12,918,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Racist democrats are coming out of their closet to attack Ramas's south asian ethnicity.

You can see that on CNN and MSNBC comment sections.

How in the heck to Vivek get into both Harvard and Yale anyways? Maybe they just hate Asians with slanty eyes.

Vivek's not only anti-woke, and anti-Lib, he's also anti-DC. That is why I like him, & will likely vote for him in the Primary. If Vivek doesn't tone it down a bit, I can always switch to DeSantis.

Old 08-31-2023, 06:40 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,320,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
The GOP would never nominate an Indian-American for President, they are just too backwards thinking (1950s).

So would voting for Ramaswamy be "forwards thinking" then, to your mind? Would you vote for him in the general election if he's on the ballot? Or are you too backwards in your thinking?

Old 08-31-2023, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
So would voting for Ramaswamy be "forwards thinking" then, to your mind? Would you vote for him in the general election if he's on the ballot? Or are you too backwards in your thinking?
In the mid-2000s, some establishment Republicans were floating the idea of Colin Powell running for President. However, the Iraq invasion pretty much killed his chances, even if he were interested which I believe he was not. But the point is, people seemed fine with the idea of a conservative, patriotic, intelligent man of color taking the job, especially after 15 years of clowns running the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies