Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2023, 06:27 AM

37,170 posts, read 19,268,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
" (which have been repeatedly and exhaustively debunked)"

Only by biased dems!
You find that list yet?

Fifth try. I'm not going anywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2023, 07:15 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,416,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
" (which have been repeatedly and exhaustively debunked)"

Only by biased dems!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Which scenarios are you referencing? List them for us.

I bet they've all been investigated and found to be nothingburgers.

We're waiting...

Old 08-31-2023, 07:24 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,738,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Section 1503 of Title 18, United States Code, as amended by the Victim and Witness Protection Act of 1982, forbids tampering with or retaliating against any grand or petit juror, or any officer in or of any court of the United States by threats or force or by "endeavors to influence, intimidate, or impede." Section 1503 also contains an omnibus clause prohibiting the obstruction of "the due administration of justice." By virtue of the omnibus clause, many courts have held that it is possible to obstruct justice under section 1503 by means similar to, but different from, those specifically enumerated in the first part of the provision.

The Georgia GOP are treading a fine line of obstruction of justice. If they continue down this path, they may find themselves on the outside looking in.
So is Jim Jordan with his call to investigate and/or pull federal funds from Willis.

Old 08-31-2023, 07:36 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,098,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
So is Jim Jordan with his call to investigate and/or pull federal funds from Willis.
Jordan is doing pretty much the only thing Jordan ever does--grandstand. See his similar attempts against Alvin Bragg, which have gone nowhere. This will be the same. But hey, it lets him take his suit jacket off and spout inanities for the cameras, at which even I must admit he excels. And the MAGAs eat it up, which is really the point.

Old 08-31-2023, 07:42 AM

7,970 posts, read 3,509,364 times
I can guess by the fact that no conservative poster has commented on this thread in at least 3 or 4 pages that this effort is not going so well for them. lol

Old 08-31-2023, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
I can guess by the fact that no conservative poster has commented on this thread in at least 3 or 4 pages that this effort is not going so well for them. lol
Well, the Republican House Speaker said it wasn't going to happen, so there's one more MAGA pipe dream dashed. I wonder if they are getting tired of all the winning yet?

Old 08-31-2023, 09:43 AM

And now Governor Kemp says he will not approve a commission to remove Willis. Game over. These defendents will have to face the music. No GOP rescue is coming for them.

Old 08-31-2023, 09:56 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,738,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Jordan is doing pretty much the only thing Jordan ever does--grandstand. See his similar attempts against Alvin Bragg, which have gone nowhere. This will be the same. But hey, it lets him take his suit jacket off and spout inanities for the cameras, at which even I must admit he excels. And the MAGAs eat it up, which is really the point.
I know he's grandstanding, but he's also threatening the prosecutor with the loss of her job.

Old 08-31-2023, 10:13 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,416,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
And now Governor Kemp says he will not approve a commission to remove Willis. Game over. These defendents will have to face the music. No GOP rescue is coming for them.

“The bottom line is that in GA as long as I’m governor, we’re going to follow the law and the Constitution, regardless of who it helps and harms politically. Over the last few years, some ... may have forgotten that. But I can assure you that I have not.” --GA Gov Brian Kemp

Old 08-31-2023, 10:17 AM

41,998 posts, read 75,321,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
“Once the Prosecutorial Oversight Committee is appointed in October, we can have them investigate and take action against Fani Willis and her efforts that weaponize the justice system against political opponents,” the Buford Republican said in a social media post.
Well, that's kinda ironic now, isn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies