Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2023, 04:32 PM

20,838 posts, read 17,142,084 times

Advertisements

I'm sorry officer... I am pregnant.
Could you help me open my door please.
I don't believe that I have stolen anything.
Would you like to search the car.
I would like to call my doctor if that's ok.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2023, 04:38 PM

12,407 posts, read 8,194,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Why would the family be awarded anything? The victim refused to the follow the instructions from law enforcement, and then tried to assault with a deadly weapon (car) one of the officers. I'm thinking what if I was crossing behind the officer, and she would have hit him and continued on hitting the gas and hit me, and maybe a lady with a baby in a stroller.

Yes, she planned to take off, probably at high speed, and could have injured or killed others. Still more to the story as to why she would not get out of the car, and/or what was in the car.

So, you wouldn't mind getting down to do this with someone that could take off with your arm or more? They weren't expecting her to try to take off, just get out of the car. Once she hit the accelerator, there would not have been enough time to chock the wheel and/or cover the windshield.

Could anyone be that quick? If so, they could be doing a higher paying job than police officer!

I have a friend who was a friend of the late Los Angeles Airport Police Officer Thomas Edward Scott Officer Down Memorial page who gave his life trying to protect us by trying to pull someone out of a car.

Old 09-04-2023, 04:45 PM

2,032 posts, read 878,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
We will have to wait until after the jury has heard all the facts, and decides how much to award the young lady's family. I'm guessing something in the range of $5 million. And a different jury will, after hearing all the facts, decide how much prison time for the "officer" who took the unwarranted shot.

This will probably take several years. Until then, all you haters can continue to hate. It says more about you than the victim.
First off, this wasn't a lady. Ladies don't steal bottles of booze. Pregnant ladies especially don't drink and steal bottles of booze. The only victim I see is the police officer that was put in the position of having to make a split second decision that has ruined his life by this miscreants actions.

Old 09-04-2023, 04:45 PM

2,465 posts, read 2,493,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post

Well if the driver is ignoring someone standing in front of them with a "halt" message it will be pretty hard to get chock blocks into place or pull items from, their utility Bat Belt to block the vision

There's other and quicker ways to chock a car besides blocks. If a car has wagon-type spoke wheels, as most do, a 3' piece of metal placed through the openings will do nicely. The car may take off, but they won't make it far.

Old 09-04-2023, 05:25 PM

14,238 posts, read 4,615,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
I'm sorry officer... I am pregnant.
Could you help me open my door please.
I don't believe that I have stolen anything.
Would you like to search the car.
I would like to call my doctor if that's ok.

Thank you.
That’s too much to ask for the entitled protected racial class

Old 09-04-2023, 06:05 PM

591 posts, read 226,205 times
She was asked to stop and get out of the car and while refusing to do so decided to hit an officer on purpose with a 4,000 lb vehicle. Of course she got shot, Duh! Look, I know some of you want every state and city to turn into California and Oakland but not us here in Ohio.

Old 09-04-2023, 06:08 PM

23,835 posts, read 12,693,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagster View Post
If the driver refuses to roll down a window or exit the vehicle after the third warning, the cops need to immobilize the vehicle. This could easily be done by chocking a tire. Placing a barrier over the windshield that blocks the driver's vision might also work. This should force the driver to comply.
Do cops normally carry those things in their back pockets?

If the cop has those things in their cars, would the driver wait around while the cop goes and gets them (keep in mind the cops in this matter were a distance away from their cars)?

Old 09-04-2023, 06:15 PM

6,619 posts, read 5,023,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
7 months pregnant, stealing ALCOHOL, and trying to run over a cop with her car. She will make a great mother there

Also, the family has to add that she was pregnant when she got shot as if the cop knew she was pregnant
I think you can say she didn't leave the cop much choice, without saying that she was trying to run the cop over, clearly she was trying to get away. The cop was there for 5 min you would hope at some point he would have noticed that she was pregnant as its an important piece of information, in just processing the scene.

Old 09-04-2023, 06:19 PM

78,606 posts, read 60,797,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
We will have to wait until after the jury has heard all the facts, and decides how much to award the young lady's family. I'm guessing something in the range of $5 million. And a different jury will, after hearing all the facts, decide how much prison time for the "officer" who took the unwarranted shot.

This will probably take several years. Until then, all you haters can continue to hate. It says more about you than the victim.
So far, you've gotten an earful of *fakts* from the attorney. I'd consume with caution.

Old 09-04-2023, 07:03 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,604,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
So far, you've gotten an earful of *fakts* from the attorney. I'd consume with caution.
Actually, I've not read or heard anything the family attorney has said. No need. The events speak for themselves. There is a dead, unarmed, pregnant, 21 year old woman. The end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies