Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2023, 07:00 AM

10,453 posts, read 4,036,859 times

Advertisements

https://www.wpbf.com/article/florida...ills/44966425#

So, a man named Andrew Mills has claimed that a bunch of white people pushed him around and then stole his surf board and nailed it 10 ft into a tree in Jupiter Florida with a message. He claims it's racist white people who don't want his kind around even though the same town is the home of Venus Williams and she's never experienced racism here. So, you think it's true or do you think it's another Jussie Smollett incident?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2023, 07:08 AM

1,709 posts, read 806,708 times
I totally don't see bitchen surfer dudes coming down long enough to even consider this.

Old 09-03-2023, 07:14 AM

6,373 posts, read 2,705,140 times
He wants to find out who is responsible.

Quote:
At the conclusion of this investigation, it was determined Mr. Mills was the victim of a burglary to a vehicle, grand theft and criminal mischief. Mr. Mills declined prosecution for the above stated criminal charges. Therefore, there will be no further investigation in this matter," the report stated.
Yet he refuses to prosecute.

I call BS due to one other fact. Based on the report the Surfboard appears to have been stolen from his vehicle. Yet he spends the day looking around for it and goes home? Only call the police AFTER he found it screwed to a tree the next day?

Sorry, but if I noticed my car was broken into I'd be on the phone to the police that day...

If anything did happen it sounds like a "turf war" and a lack of surfer etiquette with the local surfers. Race would not have had anything to do with it.

Old 09-03-2023, 07:18 AM

3,098 posts, read 3,784,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post

So, a man named Andrew Mills has claimed that a bunch of white people pushed him around and then stole his surf board and nailed it 10 ft into a tree in Jupiter Florida with a message. He claims it's racist white people who don't want his kind around even though the same town is the home of Venus Williams and she's never experienced racism here. So, you think it's true or do you think it's another Jussie Smollett incident?
Where do you think the phrase “locals only” comes from?

Surfers have a long established reputation of harassing outsiders. It’s not hard to Google

Old 09-03-2023, 07:27 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,206,249 times
Quote:
So, a man named Andrew Mills has claimed that a bunch of white people pushed him around and then stole his surf board and nailed it 10 ft into a tree in Jupiter Florida with a message.
To clarify, he said he got into an argument while surfing with some white people, but they "worked it out". Then he walked to his car and noticed his surfboard was missing(I assume he was using the surfboard while surfing so not sure when it got to his car). Then he showed up the next day and his board was screwed to a tree.

He says that... "It couldn’t have been Jupiter crew because they were helping me. They were there when they saw the board was missing. Everybody in the Jupiter area was helping me look for the board".

Quote:
He claims it's racist white people who don't want his kind around even though the same town is the home of Venus Williams and she's never experienced racism here. So, you think it's true or do you think it's another Jussie Smollett incident?
It might not be a Jussie Smollett, but there is zero evidence that it was racially-motivated. It would be a non-story if he wasn't black and whinebagging about supposed racist white people "lynching" him.

Old 09-03-2023, 07:27 AM

9,372 posts, read 6,973,951 times
Lolz never happened

Old 09-03-2023, 08:06 AM

78,371 posts, read 60,566,039 times
If you keep reading the article....

Quote:
On social media, there were comments circulating about Mills' surfing etiquette and WPBF 25 News asked him if he wanted to address those statements.

"Anytime I felt disrespected, I open my mouth. It is true, I never put up with any kind of person talking to me a certain way. I respect people and where they’re from," Mills said.
In short, some people don't like him and he has a reputation for questionable etiquette. So, somebody pranked him by taking his board and screwing it to a tree.

So, I definitely think it happened but it could be that the guy is a bit of a tool and none of it has anything to do with race.

Old 09-03-2023, 05:54 PM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Is this a jussie smollett and or a bubba wallace moment?

Old 09-03-2023, 06:34 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,257,558 times
Quote:

Its a well used business model

Old 09-03-2023, 06:47 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,784,199 times
Quote:

Well I'd really like to see if there's any cameras that had pictures of the area at night too I mean after all people aren't paying that much attention in the darkness and things could be done really sneaky things..... Like screwing a surfboard to a tree at night
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies