Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2023, 06:35 AM

13,620 posts, read 4,937,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Sort of a joke this morning.
I am:

1. Anti illegal immigration. Close the border by any means necessary. Deport some illegals.
2. Anti NAFTA for 30 years.
3. Anti abortion.
4. Anti corrupt government.
5. Anti vaccine mandates
6. Anti any future lockdowns
7. Anti mask mandates
8. Anti NATO at this stage. Get us out.
9. Anti World Economic Forum
10. Anti main stream media!
11. Pro second amendment. You are not getting our guns.
12. Pro free markets
13. Pro free speech
14. Pro transparent elections, and voter ID. End mail in voting unless you request an absentee ballot. End machine counting of votes.
15. Pro isolationism, very sick and tired of being the world's arms supplier and policeman.
16. Pro America First.
17. Pro law and order. Enough pussyfooting around with crime. Arrest them, and lock them up.

There appears to be only one vote I could make.
I think you should look into the Libertarian Party. They are the only true small government party. The one thing you would have to give in on is anti-abortion. You can be as anti-abortion as you want, but if you're libertarian you don't want government to get involved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2023, 06:51 AM

13,620 posts, read 4,937,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
So you like all the migrants flowing into our country, taking away from our children, vets, seniors? You like all the crime, with cashless bail? How many migrants do you plan on supporting, and taking into your home.....because that is what they want you to do. Trump would put a stop to that on day one.
Our way of life is being destroyed NOW.
I don't know where you live, but my way of life is doing just fine, far from "being destroyed". There's plenty of immigrants in my area; I don't know for sure how many are legal or illegal, but they really have no impact on me personally. Crime in my neighborhood is reasonably low. I hope we can get more (legal) immigrants so we can fill all of the unfilled job openings and keep the social security system afloat.

You right wing fearmongers with your dystopian view of America as some sort of unredeemable sh*thole really make me feel sad for you. It must be miserable to go through life with such a sour attitude!

Old 09-05-2023, 07:01 AM

23,652 posts, read 14,008,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
I don't know where you live, but my way of life is doing just fine, far from "being destroyed". There's plenty of immigrants in my area; I don't know for sure how many are legal or illegal, but they really have no impact on me personally. Crime in my neighborhood is reasonably low. I hope we can get more (legal) immigrants so we can fill all of the unfilled job openings and keep the social security system afloat.

You right wing fearmongers with your dystopian view of America as some sort of unredeemable sh*thole really make me feel sad for you. It must be miserable to go through life with such a sour attitude!
So where do you live?

Now, you don't have to answer that but for those who live on the Border and are seeing the results down there, they may not share such an opinion.

WHICH, for our OP, is part of that answer. Look around where you are. Do you like what you see? How much are you paying now and what was it in the last Administration? Do you want more of that? It is not "us" who can tell you as much to what you are experiencing now.

Old 09-05-2023, 07:06 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
I am:

1. Anti illegal immigration. Close the border by any means necessary. Deport some illegals.
3. Anti abortion.
5. Anti vaccine mandates
7. Anti mask mandates
12. Pro free markets
13. Pro free speech
14. Pro transparent elections, and voter ID. End mail in voting unless you request an absentee ballot. End machine counting of votes.
15. Pro isolationism, very sick and tired of being the world's arms supplier and policeman.
16. Pro America First.
17. Pro law and order. Enough pussyfooting around with crime. Arrest them, and lock them up.

Can't think of any candidate who's check all the boxes.

Maybe skip 2024?

Quote:
I think you should look into the Libertarian Party. They are the only true small government party. The one thing you would have to give in on is anti-abortion. You can be as anti-abortion as you want, but if you're libertarian you don't want government to get involved.
Libertarians are for literal open borders, and don't necessarily oppose trade treaties or NATO (some do, some don't), and they are not for isolationism or against free press. I don't think that poster is anywhere near libertarian, and he also claims to be against media while claiming to be for free speech.

Old 09-05-2023, 07:36 AM

6,564 posts, read 7,145,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Thing is, the GOP is much like the Democrats. They promise all this stuff if you elect them, but once they are in office, they mysteriously forget about it or run into road blocks to make it happen. I remember Trump trying to get started on the wall, and he was given push back from the Republicans like Paul Ryan and John McCain. Obama promised a lot of stuff during his first campaign and he could have done it all when the democrats still controlled both houses in his first two years, but nothing. Only thing he did good was get mandatory bodycams on police, but in the end it helped the police more than hurt them.
This is the truth, it’s a uni-party government machine, it’s not democrats and republicans. Ramaswamy said this at very beginning of a podcast with a military guy I enjoy. I’m for most of what he talked about and had actual detailed plans for each thing. If he got elected, zero chance he’d be able to put them through, if he did I don’t think he’d be living long.

Old 09-05-2023, 07:52 AM

62,993 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:

So if lawbreaking has no impact on you personally you don't give a damn? You're wrong anyway, illegal aliens cost us over $100 billion a year so if you pay taxes you are having to cover your fair share of that.

We don't need more legal immigrants to fill low paying jobs as they become a fiscal burden on our society. Our economy is flooded with far too many low paying jobs that are completely unnecessary and should just fold up and die. We don't need a fast food joint, gas station, etc. on every corner. The only immigrants we should be allowing into our country are the skilled and educated.

Who's going to cover these "immigrants" SS when they get old? A constant flow of immigrants?

I feel said for you that you don't think that all of this illegal immigration isn't turning our country to a third world sh*thole. Just because your area may not look like it yet doesn't mean that isn't happening all over the country now and will continue like a cancer in every neighborhood except for the elite behind guarded gates. Keep wearing them blinders though.

Old 09-05-2023, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Who's going to cover these "immigrants" SS when they get old? A constant flow of immigrants?
You don't get SS unless you paid into it, and if you an unauthorized worker, then you probably don't pay and will not receive. That's pretty much what it means to be 'undocumented'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I feel said for you that you don't think that all of this illegal immigration isn't turning our country to a third world sh*thole.
I lived in Africa for 5 yrs, so I know what a 3rd world nation looks like and to call the Unites States that shows you have only hatred left for your country.

Old 09-05-2023, 08:15 AM

25,777 posts, read 12,840,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
No one can (or should) tell you who to vote for, or even whether to vote or not. Adults get to make adulting decisions.
I agree, but I think the OP's intent is for us to make suggestions.

No candidate will be perfect for any voter on every issue. It's shades of grey.

I agree with the OP on abortion...8 weeks is reasonable to most Americans. Aside from the economy & immigration, abortion is the next biggest issue. It will be tough to regain control of the White House with a pure anti-abortionist like Vivek. DeSantis is at 6 weeks, then Trump, Haley, & Youngkin have much more mainstream positions ranging up to 15 weeks.

I think the OP's best choices are: DeSantis, Trump then Haley. I think Glenn Youngkin could enter the fray, and would add 1 more.

Old 09-05-2023, 08:18 AM

27,581 posts, read 28,687,607 times
Quote:
I am:

3. Anti abortion.
5. Anti vaccine mandates
7. Anti mask mandates
12. Pro free markets
13. Pro free speech
16. Pro America First.

There isn't a ghost of a chance that any Democrat politician will support most of these positions.

Especially not #1.

Old 09-05-2023, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
There isn't a ghost of a chance that any Democrat politician will support most of these positions.

Especially not #1.
You'd be surprised what you would learn if you studied their positions as opposed to listening to political talking points.

For example.

MANCHIN INTRODUCES BIPARTISAN BILL TO CREATE TEMPORARY BORDER MANAGEMENT AUTHORITY
Senators’ Bipartisan Legislation Gives The Administration A Two-Year Expulsion Authority, Resembling The Operations Of Title 42
https://www.manchin.senate.gov/newsr...ment-authority
Washington, DC – Today, U.S. Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV) joined Senators Kyrsten Sinema (I-AZ), Thom Tillis (R-NC) and John Cornyn (R-TX) to introduce bipartisan legislation resembling the operations of Title 42, giving the Administration a two-year temporary expulsion authority for migrants attempting to illegally enter the U.S. without inspection or proper documents.

The immigration crisis is only getting worse and our broken immigration system is ill-equipped to handle it. Our bipartisan legislation creates a two-year temporary solution to prevent a complete collapse at our southern border. Now, our political leaders must put partisanship aside to finally secure our border, establish a reliable visa program and ensure the American Dream is possible to everyone who follows the law and is willing to work hard,” said Senator Manchin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies