Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2023, 11:32 AM
Status: "dreaming of Glacier National Park" (set 11 days ago)

728 posts, read 344,448 times

Advertisements

There are recent college grads moving to SC.

Many SC college grads are not from SC.

There are several cities in adjacent states close to SC. Charlotte, Augusta, and Savannah are right at the border.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2023, 05:23 AM

2,213 posts, read 2,843,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeMan45 View Post
You clicked on the topic. If you are not interested, don't post.
I think I will post anyway, thank you very much! Silly, meaningless nonsense like this is completely lacking in any interesting thought and exists solely to outrage people and drive engagement to sell ads. These kind of links ought to be called out for what they are, and the people who spread them ought to be discouraged from wasting everyone's time.

You don't need to respond to my posts if you don't like them.

Last edited by gvsteve; 09-20-2023 at 05:34 AM..

Old 09-20-2023, 08:07 AM

I am not outraged by the article. I've seen similar negative opinions about SC my whole life.

There are some people looking at this forum who generally agree with the writer's opinions. I agree his points are silly but I think he's sincere in making them. Any person expressing an opinion including you is seeking engagement.

Is there any point he made you disagree with or you have never seen before. His voting rights criticism of SC is regarding the requirement to show ID to vote. He believes it is racist to require ID. There are many people who hold this view. The governor of NC is famous for opposing photo id to vote and the writer cited the governor favorably.

Last edited by LakeMan45; 09-20-2023 at 08:28 AM..

Old 09-22-2023, 03:39 PM

381 posts, read 279,630 times
nothing burger article, although as to health I do see WAY more people smoking cigarettes here

Old 09-23-2023, 08:14 AM

Smoking is not allowed in most restaurants and retail places in SC. I think most companies and manufacturing facilities no longer have designated smoking areas.

Old 09-23-2023, 03:03 PM

4,899 posts, read 7,444,707 times
I’m all for it if slows the development, let everyone believe it. I love it here and couldn’t be happier. We purposely bought an older house to renovate rather than build in a new subdivision. We didn’t want to add to the development and strains on the infrastructure.

Old 09-24-2023, 04:26 PM

302 posts, read 176,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Myrtle Beach makes Daytona look sophisticated!
In Daytona I was harrassed by a drug addict on a bicycle who asked for money. My wife cursed her out and it would have been a physical thing if I wasn't there. While Daytona may look more sophisticated in areas, I can't imagine the same thing happening in MB.

Old 09-24-2023, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
I lived in Florida for most of my life before retiring to Tennessee 6 years ago. While I was very happy with our move here, in all our years in Florida I never felt that I was living in a hell hole. Where in Florida did you live that made you feel that way?
Orlando. But you know, many places have changed for the worst in 6 years. There's been an unnatural pace of migration and cost of living rise.

Old 09-24-2023, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Hell Hole? Orlando? Daytona? West Broward/Dade/Palm Beach? Florida is a huge state and the swing from wealthy enclave to hell hole is certainly a wide area in between. I strongly suspect each persons financial picture makes it better or worse.

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...=srp-list-card

Hard to argue this is a "hell hole" and as a bonus Sylvester Stallone is your neighbor! Yo Adrian can I borrow some suga!
I could say southern Cali has tons of rich people, but it's also home to the most homeless. And FL I believe has the most homeless in all the eastern states. Extreme wealth often exists near poverty. You can't have one without the other it seems.

Old 09-25-2023, 03:14 AM

381 posts, read 279,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman05 View Post
I could say southern Cali has tons of rich people, but it's also home to the most homeless. And FL I believe has the most homeless in all the eastern states. Extreme wealth often exists near poverty. You can't have one without the other it seems.
We came up from South Florida , after living in FL for 40 years it just got weird down there the atmosphere was unfriendly between the summer seeming to last longer , traffic and just a general feeling of unease we got out, being accosted by the homeless and drug addled was/is not uncommon just about every single intersection and highway on/off ramp has some
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies