Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2023, 03:02 PM

20,361 posts, read 19,969,317 times

Advertisements

That was a real NYC azz whuppin' for sure..

DA Bragg to the rescue

In before CD's resident lefties question why she was on the subway at 3:30 AM.

"Disturbing footage shows a man hitting a 60-year-old woman more than 50 times with her own cane in a Harlem subway station.

The attack happened just before 3:30 a.m. Friday when the woman was walking at the West 116 Street and Lenox Avenue station, NYPD officials told The Post.

The shocking, two-minute video shows the unidentified male lunging at the woman with an umbrella and the woman trying to fight him off with her cane...."

https://nypost.com/2023/09/04/man-st...ubway-station/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2023, 03:09 PM

29,856 posts, read 24,972,157 times
I'm far from being a lefty but... Why was she on the train at 3:30 AM? Nothing good happens on a NYC subway at that time of the night. I'm not a little old lady, and I wouldn't dare step foot on the subway at that time.

As for the attacker... He should be beaten with a cane twice as hard, and twice as many times.... Unless they are mentally ill. In which case, the state is to blame, as this person should have been warehoused in an insane asylum long ago. I'm getting tired of reading about and seeing all these altercations that turn out to be a result of someone's uncontrolled mental condition. Some people simply don't belong out in public, otherwise you get clown world. But hey NYC has vending machines with crack pipes now... Progress

Old 09-05-2023, 03:10 PM

20,361 posts, read 19,969,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetfeet View Post
That's what you call a 'NYC azz whippin ?'

???

Bahahaha.... looked like 2 lovers having some fun in the subway. Why couldn't he keep his Pants up.... i don't want to see his azz crack?

Was that a Palm Branch Limb he was beating her with?

ANYWAY, she's twice his size...should have jumped up and knocked his Dumb Azzz out!

Funny...!
Can't relate. Must be an urban thing.

Old 09-05-2023, 03:12 PM

39,892 posts, read 26,570,898 times
Hey, just another day in the Rotten Apple. Heck, even if they bother to catch the guy, the DA and judges will make sure he doesn't spend time in jail/prison.

Old 09-05-2023, 03:20 PM

16,579 posts, read 10,683,199 times
If I say that a 60-year-old woman should not ride the subway at 3:30 in the morning, I'm said to be blaming the victim. And maybe I am. She should have shown enough discernment to know that (1) nothing good happens after midnight, (2) especially in major cities like New York, and (3) especially in certain environments known to be dangerous, such as the subway.

It's not her fault that the assailant attacked her. But it IS her fault that she put herself into such a vulnerable position that enabled the assailant to attack her. The assailant should go to jail. But the victim should think long and hard about some of her life choices, such as the ones that put her in the subway at 3:30 in the morning.

Old 09-05-2023, 03:28 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,232,998 times
Sick minded comments!!!

Old 09-05-2023, 04:16 PM

52,348 posts, read 52,808,634 times
Tough to watch vid of her getting hit repeatedly like that. 3:30 in the subways isn't probably the wisest of things to do, that said people like that attacker need to be in jail or institutionalized if they can't stop breaking the law.

Old 09-05-2023, 04:20 PM

7,528 posts, read 3,916,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
If I say that a 60-year-old woman should not ride the subway at 3:30 in the morning, I'm said to be blaming the victim. And maybe I am. She should have shown enough discernment to know that (1) nothing good happens after midnight, (2) especially in major cities like New York, and (3) especially in certain environments known to be dangerous, such as the subway.

It's not her fault that the assailant attacked her. But it IS her fault that she put herself into such a vulnerable position that enabled the assailant to attack her. The assailant should go to jail. But the victim should think long and hard about some of her life choices, such as the ones that put her in the subway at 3:30 in the morning.
Blaming the victim is not a good look.

It could have been an emergency with a family member and she didn't have cab fare. Who knows. Maybe that was the first time she did that. Who knows. Maybe she didn't have a choice because someone she loved was counting on her. Who freakin' knows.

Stop blaming the victim.

Old 09-05-2023, 04:25 PM

10,180 posts, read 20,805,444 times
They threw the hero Marine under the bus a few months ago, don’t expect anyone else to step in to help. Radical prosecutors in NYC have set a precedent and its open season on law abiding citizens while criminals are set free without bail.

Old 09-05-2023, 04:44 PM

29,856 posts, read 24,972,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
Sick minded comments!!!

Care to add anything relevant to the discussion???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies