Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2023, 06:04 AM

59,086 posts, read 27,318,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Yet you have Presidential candidates, as well as candidates for every other office down to the alderman for East Butt Cheek, Arkansas, telling people they'll "fight" for them if elected and that they need to fight too.

Charge those candidates?
Good point.

Old 09-09-2023, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I agree letting all those people in is bad for the country. But it was not brought down to a trickle under Trump. In fact as someone who at the time 2018 or so traveled often from AZ to OK the border surge was so bad that they closed all the NM border checkpoints and moved the CBP agents to the actual border to deal with it. Its much worse now but it was a huge problem under Trump. And by the way those stations are open again and stopping every vehicle that goes north. personally I was happy when they were closed. I dislike being stopped an hour or more north of the border being questioned while a drug dog sniffs my car. But I get they are just doing their job. I would imagine all of those saying the border is wide open are not aware these checkpoints exist.

April 2019: New Mexico County Declares Local Emergency Over Abandoned Border Patrol Checkpoints

For people familiar with the lonesome highways of far West Texas and New Mexico, it's an unusual sight: The ubiquitous Border Patrol checkpoints are all closed. Last month, Homeland Security shifted the checkpoint agents to the border to help process the crush of migrant asylum-seekers.

Otero County, N.M., is so alarmed by the possibility of illegal narcotics flowing north unchecked that it has declared a local state of emergency.

Normally, if you drive from Las Cruces to Alamogordo, N.M., on U.S. Route 70, you have to pull into a federal inspection station. A stern, green-suited agent asks whether you're a U.S. citizen, while another one with a dog sniffs your car for drugs.

Nowadays, traffic roars past orange cones that block the entrance to the checkpoint. Customs and Border Protection has closed all six checkpoints in the El Paso Sector, which covers West Texas and New Mexico. Checkpoints elsewhere along the Southern border are operating normally.
"Its much worse now but it was a huge problem under Trump."

Glad to see you admit Trump did a better job.

What has biden done to reduce the illegal crossings?

Hell, he even in public said come on in.

"But it was not brought down to a trickle under Trump"

But, the numbers WERE way down from other presidents.

Trump was not able to finish securing the border as he was working on while in office.

Continue building a better barrier, wall, fence, whatever you want to call it, drones etc., keeping those seeking asylum in Mexico. ( Mexico STOPPED doing so soon after biden took office), would have gone a long way in "securing" the border.

"Rome wasn't built in a day".

At least he took it serious and had a plan and was WORKING to improve it.

Old 09-09-2023, 01:28 PM

23,985 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post

What about all the women who filed against bill clinton?

How abut a U.S Senator?

ole' teddy was never charged with killing Mary Jo. Why?

another dem NOT getting charged with anything.

Oh, wait, his is dem

I think I see a pattern.
Nowhere did I say any of that was ok. Anybody paying attention knew Clinton couldn’t keep his pants zipped when he was governor. Is that a crime? Must have been ok with the Arkansas democrats . Just like it ‘s ok with Trump voters he ran around on 3 wives and lusted after his daughter. It’s not a crime.
AFA Teddy goes that manslaughter was the state’s job.

For all he learned well from Roy Cohn about leaving no paper trail ever, Trump never learned to keep his mouth shut. And that’s how the DoJ got him on intent.

Intent has to be proven. They were never able to prove Bilary intended wrongdoing. We can think she was as guilty as sin. But proving she knew it was against the law and she intended to do it is something else. Politicians learn that lesson of leaving no paper trail before their 1st swearing in ceremony.. Plausible deniability and no paper trail. Trump didn’t get the message about keeping his mouth shut. I’m sure he has been told by his lawyers. Too bad he thought he knew better.

Last edited by crone; 09-09-2023 at 01:51 PM..

Old 09-09-2023, 01:46 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
If there is evidence of crimes having been committed, then no. The courtroom is definitely the place for that.
What does al gore think about you response?

Old 09-10-2023, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
No, you're making one up.
Some should do some research BEFORE making claims.

Try "Mary Jo Kopechne"

And report back what the law did with SENATOR ted kennedy.

I wont hold my breathe.

Old 09-10-2023, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
You forgot something:

Associated Press (AP News) – Bias and Credibility

A very slight bias (either left or right) and a HIGH rating or factual reporting makes AP News one of the most credible news sources in the country.

Show us a better one. Put up or shut up.
I'm old enough and been around long enough to NOT trust ANY so called "news" .

Old 09-10-2023, 08:10 AM

3,410 posts, read 1,445,109 times
Quote:

Trump was not able to finish securing the border as he was working on while in office.

Continue building a better barrier, wall, fence, whatever you want to call it, drones etc., keeping those seeking asylum in Mexico. ( Mexico STOPPED doing so soon after biden took office), would have gone a long way in "securing" the border.

And now, the invasion is at an all-time high and American citizen and their children are paying the price . . . public housing, emergency care rooms and schools, all meant for our nation's needy, are being overrun with illegal entrant foreign nationals.

Old 09-10-2023, 02:23 PM

30,167 posts, read 11,803,456 times
Quote:

I tell it how it is. I don't have a home team. I am not admitting anything.
Quote:

Not true. 2019 was the highest year for illegal border crossings since 2007. It was worse under Trump than Obama. But true under Biden it was much worse. It was not a trickle or less than other presidents, at least not in recent history. But I am not going to just state the truth I am backing it up:

https://www.statista.com/chart/20326...ern-us-border/

Quote:

I agree with the above. But even if Trump had finished the wall. These people are just walking up to the CBP and asking for asylum and Biden is saying yes. No need to sneak across the desert.

Old 09-10-2023, 05:01 PM

30,167 posts, read 11,803,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Is that true if he is indicted before he is elected, and is just awaiting trial? We're in uncharted waters now.

The SCOTUS will chart it out. There are going to chart out a lot on this. And my hunch based on the makeup of the court democrats will not be happy.

Old 09-10-2023, 08:15 PM

31,910 posts, read 26,989,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
In order for something like that to legitimately work, there would have had to have been an actual insurrection or rebellion to speak of. Just because the highly partisan lame stream media burned the work "insurrection" in the minds of the easily brainwashed, it doesn't mean an insurrection actually occurred. The FBI even stated, Jan 6th was not an insurrection.

I think both the GOP and the DNC has an interest in removing Trump from the ballot. Might they work together to make that happen? I'll leave that up to you to decide.
Um, no it doesn't....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...endment-trump/

Problem (if there is one) lies in rather broad wording of 14th amendment. Thus as with many other things in USC and or subsequent amendments it will be up to federal courts including SCOTUS to make said determinations of intent.

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/09/08/o...her/index.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies