Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2023, 05:47 AM

23,534 posts, read 17,211,948 times

Advertisements

the 14 applies more to biden, giving comfort to our enemies.

finances the drug cartels and china. abandons promise t ensure national security.

ANY charge the left brings against Trump, reveals the Left to be guilty of the same crime! EVERYTIME!!!!

Old 09-06-2023, 06:03 AM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
Honestly I can't tell if the democrats are using being brilliant or stupid here. I don't believe Trump will ever get elected because he will never get the moderate vote, so keeping him off the ballot is probably a bad idea.

Whoever runs to take his place is likely to get more moderate votes than him. His supporters who think he can gather the moderate vote are simply delusional.

On the other hand, if he gets nominated despite the institutions being weaponized against him, he could get more votes. I think the correct strategy is for democrats to simply ignore him.

He was drifting towards a serious challenge in the primaries. The name calling with DeSantis was not going over well. But now he is not running against the other GOP challengers. He is running in the primary against the democrats. And since most of his challengers won't say anything negative about him regarding these cases he will cruise to the nomination. 1 or 2 specific charges ok. But throwing everything against the wall and hoping something sticks. Really poor prosecuting.

Old 09-06-2023, 06:32 AM

5,213 posts, read 3,009,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalbee View Post
Could the 14th Amendment keep Trump off the ballot in 2024?

Most sensible republicans certainly hope so, including this one.
Why do you think that it should?

Old 09-06-2023, 06:40 AM

3,989 posts, read 6,573,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Wait so now you are all fans of those lying FBI government workers??? Funny how the FBI is your BFF when they say what you want them to say.

And while I do not believe democracy was truly threatened on 1/6, it doesn't take a genius to look up the definition of insurrection and realize it actually fits with the stunt that group of idiots pulled on 1/6, but hey if the FBI is telling you it wasn't an insurrection, let's believe them just this one time.

Old 09-06-2023, 06:42 AM

4,653 posts, read 1,947,611 times
Nope, as somebody stated the FBI said no Insurrection. Which means it's damn hard to convict him on an Insurrection charge. The Dems know this it's all theatre to drive anti Trump opinion. Don't get me wrong i am sure they hope one of these charges sticks this is a multi layered offensive against Trump. The Dems have long shown they are so much better at the political War then the Republicans, or border on being inept

Attack Trump in every conceivable way for years, regardless of how each charge is proven to be false it remains in the memory and thoughts of many voters. They don't even have to vote for Biden or the Dems. they just need to be doubtful/disgruntled enough to stay home. And enough of the population is weak willed enough that the old Joseph Goebbles Nazi saying about repeating a lie often enough people start believing applies..

Old 09-06-2023, 06:44 AM

7,908 posts, read 3,450,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk55732 View Post
Why do you think that it should?
To make way for Liz Cheney of course!

Old 09-06-2023, 06:45 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,788,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
Wait so now you are all fans of those lying FBI government workers??? Funny how the FBI is your BFF when they say what you want them to say.
ALL FBI employees? No. The very few admitting the TRUTH? Yes.

Old 09-06-2023, 06:47 AM

4,514 posts, read 4,040,975 times
What if it was found that the DS / Hillary / Obama / Biden and gang actually instigated the "insurrection"?

Old 09-06-2023, 07:00 AM

7,141 posts, read 4,736,438 times
Another attempt by democrats to take away voting rights from the people.

Having watched Shifty give his explanation as to how this method of ballot removal certainly applies to Trump, seeing his smirk on his face, and watching the msnbc host’s reaction of euphoria is enough to disgust 100% of sane people.

This is more than “democrats acting stupidly.” Democrats are the most dangerous threat to our democracy in so many ways, and this is adding another layer to the garbage heap that they have become.

Why are they so terrified to let the people decide.

Old 09-06-2023, 07:30 AM

10,830 posts, read 4,506,581 times
If anyone does not see this as an attack on democracy, then you wont mind if you are sent to russia for well deserved torture.

The day we redefine and do this, based on exactly zero legal determination, is the day we s***-canned the entire bill of rights.

I dont CARE what the idiots think trump did, we have a process, for a reason, and when you skirt around it on a whim, you open the door to ANY definition the left wants.

Would the left stoop lower and lower? duhhhh. look around you.

makes you almost welcome our chinese conquerors.

If you want trump guilty of sedition or treason or whatever, then CHARGE him with it. Then CONVICT him of it.

Im not entirely kidding when I offer that there are people BEGGING for russian torture rooms as deserved punishment.

I spit on the left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies