Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2023, 11:04 PM

19,803 posts, read 9,357,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnifor View Post
Whitmer or Walz would likely win easily. Newsom would be a hard sell in the Midwest or Pennsylvania. He is too slick, he looks like he came straight out of Hollywood's central casting for presidential candidates.
It is not that he is too slick, it is that he is MUCH too extreme -- and a hypocrite when it came to COVID precautions.

Old 09-08-2023, 11:07 PM

52,258 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnifor View Post
Whitmer or Walz would likely win easily. Newsom would be a hard sell in the Midwest or Pennsylvania. He is too slick, he looks like he came straight out of Hollywood's central casting for presidential candidates.
Newsom is the caricature of a greasy slick double talking scumbag good for nothing waste of space human garbage empty vessel worthless human going.

I would have put more qualifiers, but you get the idea.

Listen to him when he speaks, he can talk for five to ten minutes and not say a f ing thing of substance.

People like him make me sick.

Old 09-08-2023, 11:08 PM

853 posts, read 337,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Win what? All the Dogcatcher positions are taken.
I don't know if you know this but the Republicans are the minority party in the US. Everything has to go right for them to win presidential elections at this point. They have won the popular vote once since 1992 and their electoral college path to victory gets more difficult with each electoral cycle.

Old 09-09-2023, 05:22 AM

30,160 posts, read 11,789,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattja View Post
Maybe so. But there's the French dirty laundry.

And then there's the affair he had with his best friend's wife dirty laundry.

voters don't care about affairs. Both Clinton and Trump prove that. Character does not matter anymore.

Old 09-09-2023, 07:13 AM

24,490 posts, read 17,226,594 times
Of course the natural line falls to the VP but Kamala?? Seriously???
I'm not saying Newsome would be better but KAMALA........!

The bench is running pretty thin on the Left.

Old 09-09-2023, 07:15 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,646 posts, read 16,129,622 times
Newsom looking for that VP spot

Old 09-09-2023, 07:30 AM

9,169 posts, read 13,247,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Of course the natural line falls to the VP but Kamala?? Seriously???
I'm not saying Newsome would be better but KAMALA........!

The bench is running pretty thin on the Left.
Can Harris be any worse than Biden?

On the one hand, Biden is so weak that he turned over his entire domestic policy to a bunch of young crazy fanatics who have no idea of how the real world works. The illegal aliens are our friends, money grows on trees and roads are racists crowd.

On the other hand, there is Harris who barely shows up for work. But what if that is deliberate? You would think that if the President was weak, the VP would stand up and want to help. But she is rarely to be seen.

But what if that is because, the VP wants the President to fail because she wants to take over herself? Still not the most likeable politician, but it could be that Harris is a lot smarter than we give her credit for.

Old 09-09-2023, 08:44 AM

6,384 posts, read 2,707,824 times
Newsom is being the politician he is.

I would actually have expected him to say nothing different than he did. Until Kamala "voluntarily" withdraws from running in 2024 should Biden "choose" not to, Newsom can not run because he is just another White Straight Male Politician. I'd have to see the rest of the interview, but it sounds like it is more of a setup for Biden to be pulling out of the race. As before it was Biden is running in 2024...end of story. Now it's "if" Biden doesn't run, what happens?

I am sure that the Democrats are trying to figure out a way to get Newsom in the race in 2024. If they can't get rid of Harris cleanly, he will be the VP nomination.

Old 09-09-2023, 10:28 AM

5,742 posts, read 4,697,306 times
It's smart of him to say this, so he won't look like he's stepping on Kamala. He has enough of an uphill battle since he is a SWM; pushing out a sitting VP who happens to also be a black woman won't look good.

He's either waiting for the VP slot, which means he can then hope to be in the WH for two terms after.

Or he is quietly waiting for Biden to step down in shame and take Kamala with him and then he will step in to "save the day" as a white knight.

Old 09-09-2023, 10:46 AM

620 posts, read 312,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I listen at times to POTUS on satellite radio. They feature center left and center right shows. And they were talking all day about who should run instead of Biden. Whitmer was brought up a lot by dem voters. I was surprised.
She has progressive values (not extreme) and down to earth persona that vibes with a common man. She is pretty popular in a purple state from what I can tell and a good speaker during the debates. And her running would guarantee blue Michigan and possibly even other states from Midwest barring any major scandal. So, strategically it makes a perfect sense. And she is a woman which is a cherry on top.

It’s no surprise many on the left are seeing her as the strongest contender.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies