Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2023, 01:07 PM

20,048 posts, read 20,855,965 times

Advertisements

Degenerate skells.
Although I blame the government more than the individual.
The government created this dependency to lock in votes.
Welfare and such is nothing more than a super expensive campaign tactic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2023, 01:25 PM

3,499 posts, read 2,787,848 times
Have you seen the cost of groceries lately? Or the cost of housing?

You know inflation.

I hate to break it to you but rather Liberal or Conservative, people are being effected by these things and they're looking for help from the Government, meaning these entitlements are likely to increase for everyone.

I know that Conservative's have traditionally been for small Government, but based on the past few years this seems to be changing.

Old 09-17-2023, 01:27 PM

8,042 posts, read 12,265,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I am 99.5% sure that this ridiculous post is not meant to be taken seriously -- but if the poster is serious (sometimes it is hard to tell these days, I would ask her to please stop doing the world a "favor" by continuing to have children because if this IS a serious post, you truly are doing more harm to the world than good unless one one your children turn out to be part of the team that discovers a cure for most cancers, for example
I am 99.5% sure that I will continue to have as many children as I choose. Procreating makes me a better person, and you're a very bad person for suggesting that I'm doing harm by replenishing the world with innocent children. My precious offspring will become adults who will follow in my footsteps by continuing the reproductive cycle, and it's your obligation to subsidize my family's breeding habits indefinitely. Why? Because we're entitled!

Quote:
Originally Posted by remco67 View Post
obviously satire and incorrect in the sense that it seems to be targeting poor people specifically. And many of the things listed don't just go to the poor. FMLA, Tax Credits and free education(up to college) are things just about everybody gets. Children do not entitle you to SSI. SSI while a welfare program is a welfare program for the disabled. Being a single parent doesnt get you it. Oh you forgot to mention Sect 8 and Housing Vouchers if you are going to be precise along with the Obama Phone(lifeline), Medicaid and most recently added the Affordable Connectivity Program. So there you go to go along with your post you can /cough Apply for those programs since you are an "entitled breeder"....
But I'm not poor. I'm actually doing very well because I'm shrewd & know how to work the system. My financial status has greatly improved simply by having a good time romping in the sack, and giving birth to multiple children who enrich my life in more ways than one. Every child I have is a cash cow thanks to all the entitlements I receive from Uncle Sam.

Old 09-17-2023, 02:14 PM

172 posts, read 123,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
I have children, and don't make enough money to support them, so I'm entitled to receive SNAP, WIC, SSI, FMLA, tax credits, and free public education. People who choose not to have children generally have more of their own money to spend at their own leisure, which is very selfish on their part. I'm supplying the world with children because they are the most precious resource, and they will become our future leaders. Besides, they bring me joy, and procreating is my God given right. That's why you self centered childless people owe me compensation for my breeding habits. I'm a better person because I'm a breeder, and politicians know this, which is why they cater to me. So there. Pay up and shut up!
I agree with much of this, but I am curious why you aren't mentioning government intervention that favors the elites also?

Why aren't you mentioning corporate welfare and the government suppressing interest rates for "investors
and the real estate industry at 1%-2%?

I agree with you on much of that, but I also don't believe in the government suppressing interst rate so that investors and home owners are able to borrow at 1%-2% interest rates.

Government should not be subsidized things like sports stadiums, arenas and performing arts center which can be created by the private-sector.

I also don't think that the rich should be entitled to a government that suppresses interest rates, so that instead of a traditional 8% interest rate on a mortgage, people were paying 2% because of govenrment interest rate suppression.

Old 09-17-2023, 02:19 PM

5,023 posts, read 7,225,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
It is mostly a cultural problem among poor people who are poorly educated. I have no clue how to fix it. If you bail out irresponsible people, of course they are going to take all you give them and then complain you are not giving them enought. That is just human nature. Heck, it is just nature, period. Feed squirrels in the wild and they will become dependent and want more and more and more. It is just the nature of the beast.

That is why the old saying "teach a man to fish, feed him for life".

There are several broken subcultures hurting people and damaging America. I have no clue how to fix them, but there surely is no political will to even try, and it is getting rapidly worse. Add in drug addiction, mental illness, and homelessness. We are truly circling the drain. At least during the Great Depression, people struggled to get back on their feet. No longer.

Welcome modern America's moral and societal decay. Moral decay is a certain prescription for societal decay and collapse.

Cue the Tytler quote.

“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years.

These nations have progressed through this sequence:

From bondage to spiritual faith;
From spiritual faith to great courage;
From courage to liberty;
From liberty to abundance;
From abundance to selfishness;
From selfishness to apathy;
From apathy to dependence;
From dependence back into bondage.â€

The Tytler quote is coming very close to fruition.

Old 09-17-2023, 02:39 PM

25,732 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Quote:
I have children, and don't make enough money to support them, so I'm entitled to receive SNAP, WIC, SSI, FMLA, tax credits, and free public education. People who choose not to have children generally have more of their own money to spend at their own leisure, which is very selfish on their part. I'm supplying the world with children because they are the most precious resource, and they will become our future leaders. Besides, they bring me joy, and procreating is my God given right. That's why you self centered childless people owe me compensation for my breeding habits. I'm a better person because I'm a breeder, and politicians know this, which is why they cater to me. So there. Pay up and shut up!

Satire. It was quite funny. The "breeding habits" reference was the funniest in the paragraph.

Old 09-17-2023, 02:48 PM

23,652 posts, read 13,992,303 times
Quote:
WOW!

I could stay the same about having pets, keeping my land, my ranch as a nature preserve. Well, up to "you self centered"......because I don't ask much in compensation for what I do, don't demand that other people pay for it.

This all reminds me of Judge Judy and the child seat installer, the one who thought because the neighbor was childless and with lots of money, they were entitled to it.

A and B. A: You choice to procreate is your choice, your responsibility, and your burden.

B: You speak of God given right. Well, with those rights come responsibility and taking care of this planet is a big part of it......which includes not overpopulating it.

Old 09-17-2023, 03:09 PM

20,048 posts, read 20,855,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post

Satire. It was quite funny. The "breeding habits" reference was the funniest in the paragraph.
Lol…somewhere, some way, that is racist!

Old 09-17-2023, 03:18 PM

3,331 posts, read 1,963,030 times
Quote:
Where baby daddy? He need to step up, kween!

Last edited by enraeh; 09-17-2023 at 03:20 PM.. Reason: Spelling

Old 09-17-2023, 10:49 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Degenerate skells.
Although I blame the government more than the individual.
The government created this dependency to lock in votes.
Welfare and such is nothing more than a super expensive campaign tactic.
Well the jokes on them then, because poor people don't vote. They were poor before the election and they remain poor after the election.

The "I'm entitled" mentality ... pretty sure that belongs to rich folks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies