Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2023, 11:50 AM

7,634 posts, read 8,701,274 times

Advertisements

Prevalence of Religious Exemptions to Vaccination among Children Age 4-18 by Florida Census Tract

Quote:
This map shows the residential location of children age 4-18 who have a registered religious exemption in Florida. The darker the color of the census tract, the higher the percentage of children with religious exemptions in that area, and therefore, the greater the risk of vaccine preventable disease (VPD) outbreaks.

What is the purpose of mapping the prevalence of religious exemptions?
Unvaccinated individuals are at increased risk for VPDs, and outbreaks of VPDs are known to occur where susceptible persons are grouped together. This map shows where susceptible persons are concentrated, and therefore where the risk of VPD outbreaks is increased. This map can be used as a tool to provide awareness to both public health officials and the public to inform prevention activities and decision making.

Are homeschoolers required to submit certification of immunizations or provide proof of exemption?
Yes, homeschoolers and students registered through Florida Virtual School are required to submit a certification of immunization form or provide proof of religious/medical exemption.
There are other exemptions, and there are those who simply refuse vaccinations, especially COVID "vaccines", but the state is specifically tracking religious exemptions.

They must also be tracking the individuals/families of those with religsious exemptions?

Does anyone know if other states do the same tracking? I would have expected this of some blue states instead of DeSantis' FL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2023, 04:26 PM

6,364 posts, read 2,700,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
Prevalence of Religious Exemptions to Vaccination among Children Age 4-18 by Florida Census Tract

There are other exemptions, and there are those who simply refuse vaccinations, especially COVID "vaccines", but the state is specifically tracking religious exemptions.

They must also be tracking the individuals/families of those with religsious exemptions?

Does anyone know if other states do the same tracking? I would have expected this of some blue states instead of DeSantis' FL.
Well, I can tell you for one Deep Blue California doesn't track Religious or Personal exemptions. Of course, the only reason they don't is because they removed Religious or Personal exemptions back in 2015.

They also don't really have to worry about Medical Exemptions because when the Medical Exemptions went from 0.2% of school kids to 0.5% the State removed all but a very limited set of medical exemptions in 2017. And in that case, you pretty much have to prove you were injured by a previous vaccine or have a terminal condition. If a doctor writes more than 5 exemptions in a year, the State opens up an investigation against them.

I'd be interested to see the history behind the FL tracking.

Old 09-17-2023, 11:51 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,107,958 times
Quote:

We are on there somewhere bc we use an umbrella school instead of homeschooling under the homeschool statute. Because it’s considered a private school under the law, we had to do the exemptions. I can go back still and opt them out of SHOTS (tracking database). So, their dumb comment about how homeschoolers have to get an exemption is stupid bc most do not use the virtual school in the first place, although there are a lot of us with umbrella schools. Homeschooling under the homeschool statute does not require an exemption (just some other stuff I felt was overreach).

And yes I am POed that I had to go on record on behalf of my kids as refusers. Every state has some kind of database I would imagine, whether they publish it in map form, Idk.

Last edited by andrea3821; 09-18-2023 at 12:17 AM..

Old 09-18-2023, 08:28 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,474,193 times
Quote:

are the covid vaccinations mandated?

wait, think I might have misread.... is this about all vaccination, or about covid only?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies