Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2023, 07:25 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,908,096 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJVNfKWfFuA

She also claims they are stupid.

Takes one to know one though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2023, 07:49 PM

27,143 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/har...en-buying-homeI'm not sure that I'd want to have kids today!

Not, because of pseudo-science climate change. The earth runs in cycles. The Midwest was an ocean and a massive glacier at one time

I'm worried about the future because of massive government overspending and looking at punting debt ceilings down the road while doing nothing to reduce the budget and attempt to start balancing the budget

One TRILLION dollars for Brandon's "climate initiatives", my ass

The puppet masters are CRAZY! They want to ruin the United States of America and turn us into a Communist country
Who do you think brought this about Kamala?
You and your friends.

Old 09-19-2023, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I think there are a lot of reasons people are having fewer children. The state of the earth itself could be one. Another could be uncertainty about the future politically. But I believe people just don't feel like they "have to" have children anymore. And I don't think that's a bad thing. Not everyone is cut out for parenting, why force them? Children are a big commitment, especially emotionally. And yes, having children is expensive. I don't think anyone should feel compelled to give a reason why they're not having children. It's a choice.
I believe selfishness brought the beginning of the decline.
Bad politicians took it from there.

Old 09-19-2023, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
They are utterly evil, scaring young people to push through their wealth transfer schemes a.k.a climate policy
Amen and stealing hope from children with their scare tactics.......intentionally.

Old 09-19-2023, 08:24 PM

17,581 posts, read 13,355,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pullmyfinger View Post
she alone is an inspiration for birth control.
lol!

Old 09-19-2023, 08:26 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Amen and stealing hope from children with their scare tactics.......intentionally.
Children? Children aren't deciding whether or not to give birth. Hopefully.

Old 09-19-2023, 08:46 PM

15,865 posts, read 21,441,250 times
Daycare costs over $2000 for a single infant per month (and more than $3000 at the absolutely rock bottom place in my town). Starter homes/condos within an hour of offices that are demanding people who could do their job 100% from home to return are $3000-4000 per month in PITI. Rent isn't that much better.

As I've shared before, I make in the top 15% of incomes in my state and I would not be able to pay rent (forget about saving to buy or paying a higher monthly PITI!), daycare for one child, *and* save a dime. The vast majority of my peers are in far worse financial situations - lower salary, student loans. It's not that we don't want kids, it's that we can't afford them. We, as a society, have commodified housing to the point where you need 6 figures to rent a 1 bedroom in many metro areas... and I'm not just talking about the ones historically thought of as expensive.

Old 09-19-2023, 08:58 PM

6,804 posts, read 9,354,170 times
LOL, and to think that we’ve got people on this forum who happily voted for the Biden/Harris ticket.

I don’t have “climate anxiety” but I think at times I have “Democrat anxiety” when I think about how they want to “fundamentally transform” our country into something terrible and unrecognizable. I feel concern for our future generations who will have to live with the negative consequences of Democrat policy.

Old 09-19-2023, 09:14 PM

18,494 posts, read 9,161,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Daycare costs over $2000 for a single infant per month (and more than $3000 at the absolutely rock bottom place in my town). Starter homes/condos within an hour of offices that are demanding people who could do their job 100% from home to return are $3000-4000 per month in PITI. Rent isn't that much better.

As I've shared before, I make in the top 15% of incomes in my state and I would not be able to pay rent (forget about saving to buy or paying a higher monthly PITI!), daycare for one child, *and* save a dime. The vast majority of my peers are in far worse financial situations - lower salary, student loans. It's not that we don't want kids, it's that we can't afford them. We, as a society, have commodified housing to the point where you need 6 figures to rent a 1 bedroom in many metro areas... and I'm not just talking about the ones historically thought of as expensive.
This.

I live in a rust belt town with few living-wage jobs, and my crappy apartment is $1400 per month. I can’t imagine what it must be like in the major cities.

Old 09-20-2023, 06:02 AM

4,168 posts, read 4,879,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerobo View Post
Communist? lol capitalists are running this joint.
Well I guess you haven't been paying enough attention over the past three years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies