Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2023, 07:40 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times

Advertisements

Another fantasy thread.

It's another "let's all sit around the table and complain about something that's not actually a problem" then you all nod in agreement satisfied with yourselves.

In the meantime, there are over 100 members of Republican leadership in several states who willingly and knowingly forged electoral documents, the equivalent of stealing the votes of hundreds of thousands of people, and you all don't even care

Even the Pennsylvania article clearly states that "The glitch has had no impact on elections, as the number of people mistakenly registered was small". And the problem was discovered and corrected. There have been literally dozens of states with motor voter in place and it has never had one incident where people mistakenly registered to vote could have affected the outcome of an election. Plus, when mistakes do happen, by the time we even know about it the problem has been corrected.

What motor-voter has done is make it possible for many more millions of ordinary law abiding citizens to exercise their rights to vote, and that is a very good thing. I am pretty sure that's also why you don't like it.

So while we have all this pearl clutching over a problem that doesn't exist we are still struggling to bring those Republican fake elector vote thief frauds to justice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2023, 07:42 AM

24,492 posts, read 17,232,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Yes, this is what I heard but sn't this the same thing...getting auto voting ballots when you do to the DMV?

Dems are starting to ramp up the cheating. It is rampant....arrest Trump, get his name off the ballot, get extra ballots for dead people and I imagine before it is over illegals will all be voting. It literally stresses me out. We can't have these people stay in the White House any longer. They are not our friends. They are not our county's friends.

It is terrible what is going on in this country. The Dems will do anything to stay in power no matter the collateral damage and destruction they wrought.
Is there any doubt that if the Dems can hold the WH and DC in 2024 that we will be hearing calls for amnesty for the 10 Million Illegals that Joe has allowed in and the 20 Million plus that are already here? Once the Illegals have amnesty will it be that long before the Dems tell us how wrong it is that these poor people are suffering Taxation without Representation?

If the Illegals are not signing up when they get their driver licenses it won't be long before they do get a vote.

It would be awesome if the Democrats master plan backfired and the 30 million Illegals that they championed for actually voted Republican.

Old 09-21-2023, 10:29 AM

6,804 posts, read 9,354,170 times
Colorado does this. And the answer from my County Clerk And Recorder’s Office (Democrat-led) is that if an illegal alien accidentally receives a ballot, we rely on them reading but not signing the affidavit, and not returning the ballot. They also audit after each election, but it’s just a random sample. They don’t specifically look for this scenario.

Old 09-21-2023, 10:35 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Do these states participate in ERIC?

It has been estimated that 1/3 of the drivers in my state are uninsured. Mexicans can use the Matriculate Consular cards to open bank accounts, buy houses with mortgages. IDK about the other countries.

We are told to never file a claim using the uninsured motorist coverage that we get when buying car insurance. AFAIK, it's been this way for at least 25 years. A friend was T boned by an uninsured motorist. She sued. He had to pay her back $1 a week, She was an old woman by the time the debt was paid.

Old 09-21-2023, 10:42 AM

5,476 posts, read 12,245,584 times
TX is a motor voter state. When I moved to this state, I had to show ID proof to obtain a drivers license. When I last renewed my license, I needed to show my passport to prove I am an US citizen, even though I was already in their database. I have no idea how other states handle this process. What I do know is it seems Americans have to prove identity and are under stringent scrutiny, while others get freebies, all funded by the taxpayer.

Last year my work supervisor was hit by an illegal. Pulling off to the side of the road to exchange information was fruitless. The driver spoke no English, had no drivers license or insurance, no car title, nothing. And, he took off shortly thereafter and before the cops arrived. So my supervisor was left to deal with his insurance and yeah, uninsured driver’s coverage is pretty much a necessity. My boss plays by the rules and he is financially punished basically.

And I don’t even want to hear about how much better things would be if only Republicans were in office. Where have they been for the past several decades? It’s not like illegal immigration suddenly happened in 2020/2021. And where are they NOW? Why aren’t they making noise now? You know why? NEITHER party gives a flying EFF about Americans. The sooner people get good with that, the better off we will all be.

Old 09-21-2023, 10:58 AM

43,096 posts, read 18,269,535 times
More and more states are automatically doing this now.
Now that means they do have a form of ID to show when they vote.

But what if they aren't eligible ? What if they aren't even citizens ?

Old 09-21-2023, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
TX is a motor voter state. When I moved to this state, I had to show ID proof to obtain a drivers license. When I last renewed my license, I needed to show my passport to prove I am an US citizen, even though I was already in their database. I have no idea how other states handle this process. What I do know is it seems Americans have to prove identity and are under stringent scrutiny, while others get freebies, all funded by the taxpayer. .
I lived in Texas and had a driver license with the yellow star on it. Had to bring my life to the DMV to prove I was a citizen.

Moved to SC. Went to the DMV and thought they would just issue a SC license with no hassle because of that yellow star on my TX license. No dice. Each state is its own little autonomy. Whatever I did in Texas didn't count and I had to bring in all the paperwork again.

It amounts of a lot of busy work for governments and lots of hassles for us.

Old 09-21-2023, 11:07 AM

2,203 posts, read 3,360,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
I think you're talking about something different though right? Non citizens getting a license then automatically getting a mail in ballot sent to them. If I'm understanding you correctly. Sounds like something California would do and maybe Arizona. I don't know though.
In California, Federal law requires the CA DMV to provide customers the opportunity to register to vote while completing a driver license (DL) or identification (ID) card or change of address transaction.

Under state law and the California Motor Voter program, DMV customers who indicate they are eligible to vote will be automatically registered to vote, unless they opt out during their DL/ID or change of address transaction.

If someone who isn't eligible to vote registers to vote, they are supposed to fill out a cancellation form.

Also in California when people on medical renew yearly they are sent forms to register to vote.

Old 09-21-2023, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Another fantasy thread.

It's another "let's all sit around the table and complain about something that's not actually a problem" then you all nod in agreement satisfied with yourselves.

Oh so it's not a problem because you say so ?

It goes automatically to the state so local officials do not get a chance to verify if they are eligible.
Eligibility needs to be determined BEFORE issuing the voter registration card...not "after" by doing audits.

8+million illegals allowed to vote will have an effect on elections.

Old 09-21-2023, 11:16 AM

14,228 posts, read 4,593,980 times
My wife is a green card holder (aka legal immigrant). She got mail in ballot last election as well as jury duty. She didn’t vote though because that’s illegal

Jury duty is only for US citizens

LoL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies