Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2023, 06:15 AM

13,651 posts, read 4,966,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Today JFK would be looked at as a conservative far right .

JFK hated the spread of communism . His brother Robert was also against the spread of Communism. They were both assassinated.

JFK's famous quote." Ask not what your country can do for you .Ask what you could do for your country. "
JFK was more conservative than most of today's democrats. But he was definitely a liberal. And RFK was even more so.

Opposition to communism is not strictly a conservative position. Truman, JFK, LBJ, Carter - they all fought the Cold War. The defining issue for all four was civil rights. That's why I say Kennedy was a liberal. He sent federal troops to Mississippi and Alabama to enforce desegregation. He also started the Peace Corps.

Old 09-25-2023, 06:45 AM

33,592 posts, read 18,213,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
JFK was more conservative than most of today's democrats. But he was definitely a liberal. And RFK was even more so.

Opposition to communism is not strictly a conservative position. Truman, JFK, LBJ, Carter - they all fought the Cold War. The defining issue for all four was civil rights. That's why I say Kennedy was a liberal. He sent federal troops to Mississippi and Alabama to enforce desegregation. He also started the Peace Corps.
Civil rights was voted on and the Republican party was fighting for blacks way before the liberals got on board. That's why JFK is more of a conservative because he was for Black people's rights. That's why he is a republican conservative.

You better start looking at your history because Republicans fought for blacks while the Democrats was for segregation and division of the races. It's because of the lies of the Democrats that the black people now line up with the Democrat party. What they think of is changing was the Democrats started voting such as JFK with the Republicans but for years and years actually decades the Democrats would not vote with Republicans for blacks rights so nothing passed. When finally the Democrats got on board with the Republicans who were fighting for blacks for years, finally joined with the Republicans to vote for civil rights than all of a sudden the Democrats said look we're for blacks rights while all the while the Republicans were for the civil Rights. Then finally, finally the Democrats cited with the Republicans to pass civil rights for blacks.

To tell you the truth a big section of the Republican party I don't like. I don't like Mitch McConnell. I don't like the Rinos.

I don't like Pelosi she's a damn liar.

The Democrats sold a bill of goods for years. The Democrats are snakes and for dividing the races. They never liked black people and today they still don't. It's a front to just gain power. They don't care if blacks have to pay more money for food for rent ,for gas. The Democrats hate all Americans and they just want power. They are now trying to create an insurrection of this country. Blacks are getting angry too as people in Chicago see the influx of so many illegal aliens coming in and they're spending money on them while blacks are struggling just to buy food.

The average social security check is $1,400 while those asylum seekers are getting 2,200 a month free housing free food . Blacks have to get behind the line and it's getting longer.

Old 09-25-2023, 06:58 AM

63,042 posts, read 29,249,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
I have repeated the definitions of liberal and conservative many times on this website. A liberal is someone who is open to new ideas and new ways of doing things. A conservative is someone who wants to preserve traditional customs and values. Neither are bad in themselves; we can use a little bit of both.

Jefferson was definitely open to new ideas, so he was a liberal. However, consider what those ideas were: a government dominated by wealthy, slave-holding landowners with a weak central government. That paradigm would eventually evolve into the Southern Democratic Party which, in its defense of slavery and states' rights, would become the conservative party. It would be defeated by the Republican Party, which was THE liberal party in 1860. 120 years later things had flipped; Republicans were the conservatives and Democrats the liberals.
You describe conservatives in your post in detail but are very vague in your definition of liberals except to say that they are open to new ideas. Many liberals today are really so-called progressives which much of their views and ideas are anti-American. Are those the new ideas we should embrace? I don't think so!

Old 09-25-2023, 09:42 AM

746 posts, read 419,908 times
OP, step away from the keyboard very slowly.

Old 09-25-2023, 09:55 AM

52,348 posts, read 52,815,472 times
This problem could be stopped today if they wanted it to be. Reinstated remain in mexico / country of origin, end catch and release. Build the wall and beef up border patrol numbers.

Done, fixed, next problem.

Old 09-25-2023, 09:57 AM

13,651 posts, read 4,966,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You describe conservatives in your post in detail but are very vague in your definition of liberals except to say that they are open to new ideas. Many liberals today are really so-called progressives which much of their views and ideas are anti-American. Are those the new ideas we should embrace? I don't think so!
Some examples of new ideas that liberals embrace - gay marriage, LGBTQ rights, legalized marijuana, atheism or agnosticism, challenging racism in law enforcement.

Not every new idea is good. Defunding the police, for example or reparations. We shouldn't throw out the baby with the bathwater; many traditional values have merit.

Old 09-25-2023, 10:04 AM

52,348 posts, read 52,815,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I'll take the old school hippy dippy granola eating Birkenstock wearing liberals of the old days. This new far left progressivism crap has to go.

The idea is to flood the country with cheap labor, figure out path of citizenship fill their heads with anti-republican messaging, have the dems be their champions and they've got themselves a new voter base.

Schumer all but said this, he stared making some noise a while about granting them amnesty, I mean this stuff isn't rocket science in what they are doing.

Old 09-25-2023, 10:04 AM

15,546 posts, read 10,537,284 times
It's been going on for years, though not as rapid as now. I remember writing a rant on here oh probably 15 years ago about the unmarked white buses I'd see carrying illegals to the processing center. People laughed at me, but it was all true.

Old 09-25-2023, 10:22 AM

15,948 posts, read 12,318,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCMann2 View Post
I am not lying, the border is secure. Border Patrol agents are encountering record high numbers of people, but that does not mean the border isn't secure. It means the opposite really, because so many people are being encountered and then either turned back or apprehended for further processing.

Are people still getting in? Yep. Does that mean the border is "open" as right wingers like to claim? Nope.

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-re...-record-highs/

They've let in over 2 million this year alone. That is criminal and they are intentionally trying to destabilize this nation because they are closet authoritarians and want to create a crisis to bring on autocratic rule.

Old 09-25-2023, 12:36 PM

33,592 posts, read 18,213,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
They've let in over 2 million this year alone. That is criminal and they are intentionally trying to destabilize this nation because they are closet authoritarians and want to create a crisis to bring on autocratic rule.
8 million. Now it's 10,000 a day .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies