Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2023, 04:35 AM

34,058 posts, read 17,071,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
Abbott 2028!!!
and 2032, please!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2023, 07:01 AM

10,857 posts, read 4,534,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Yes, their source is Customs & Border Protection.

Can you show me your data proving this information is incorrect?

Encounters v. enforcement actions for year to date: https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/c...ent-statistics Encounters are NOT the amount of people let in, as this data shows.

I have asked you, in numerous threads, for this number. It is published, so you do not have any trouble finding it. what is the number of people here, that were not here say 3 years ago.

and PS: encounter means giving a generated slip for a years distant hearing date and allowing the person to move on unfettered as per executive order. I would like you to quote THAT as well

put up or shut up.

Old 09-27-2023, 07:06 AM

10,857 posts, read 4,534,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Can you show me the source for your data showing the info is wrong?

This article used Customs & Border Protection data.

ahem, have or have no I asked you for the exact numbers, since you are making this claim?

(hint: I have)

what is the number of illegals here, IN this country?

You and you alone have claimed that all of the migrants for example, in NYC are there due to Gov Abbott....we asked you to prove it. I note you have been silent.

It SHOULD be the case that for now on, until you back up what you claimed, not one post of yours be allowed to stand.

Old 09-27-2023, 07:10 AM

30,371 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Am actually thinking Governor Abbott of Texas is an effing genius.

For decades southern border states have had to shoulder burden of illegal immigration alone, but now that Biden has opened up the flood gates Texas is being flooded with them. What's a governor to do? Pack em up and move em on to those wonderful liberal democrat states/cities who have generous and expansive services and welcome the poor like conquering heroes.

https://nypost.com/2023/09/22/migran...ty-being-full/
If the Dems are going to insist on letting in millions of illegals, they should be willing to take them in their cities and states, only fair.

Old 09-28-2023, 04:57 PM

31,910 posts, read 26,979,379 times
Once again Governor Abbott is an effing genius.

For decades democrats have looked down their noses at Texas and other border states largely telling them their "migrant" problem was theirs alone. This goes hand in hand with all the la-di-da talk from democrats on issue of immigration, especially illegal. Elite democrats from northern, mid-west and west coast states could take that ground thanks to them largely *NOT* being affected by hordes of great unwashed arriving within their borders. Abbot changed all that up, now democrats don't know what to do.

Governor Abbott has put Biden and democrats between a rock and hard place, all right before 2024 elections.

Biden isn't going to give GOP any more clubs to beat him about the head with before November 2024, so any huge federal financial aid package to NYS or NYC for dealing with "migrants" just isn't going to happen.

On another note democrats in NY, Massachusetts and other areas were hoping to pick up House seats in 2024 elections. That isn't going to happen if mayors of NYC, Boston et al with or without assistance from governors start moving all these migrants to other rural or suburban parts of state.

Very long story short is Abbott (and by extension republicans) have forced democrats to confront their own hypocrisy on immigration by giving them a dose of their own medicine. Long as Biden keeps letting hordes of great unwashed flood across border Abbott will also continue moving them onto liberal democrat run states or local areas. Sooner or later someone is going to say "uncle". My guess is it will be WH/democrats.

https://www.ft.com/content/d5633f70-...1-705516da6b79
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies