Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2023, 01:11 PM

43,182 posts, read 18,329,147 times

Advertisements

Did we not see this coming ?

2020 was a sh*tshow
2024 will be a cluster*ck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2023, 01:22 PM

9,902 posts, read 4,666,395 times
Hochul the second Democrat governor to apparently by pass their state's own constitution to implement a voting measure. Pennsylvania governor Scott Shapiro used an executive order to give automatic voter registration to those that renew or get a Pennsylvania driver's license.

https://nypost.com/2023/09/20/republ...e-by-mail-law/

https://tristatealert.com/republican...ration-change/

Old 09-24-2023, 01:25 PM

13,221 posts, read 21,844,514 times
Hilarious. Utah has had universal mail-in voting for years. Yeah, conservative Utah where Trump won in 2020. How come the Dems didn't rig that state? Anyone? Bueller?

Guess who votes by mail? Seniors -- who vote predominantly Republican. So what do they do? They make it more difficult for seniors to vote. You can make this lunacy up!

Old 09-24-2023, 01:26 PM

14,234 posts, read 4,604,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
I got my Utah CCW via mail-in. It works as long as you understand the entire process. You don't seem to understand the security behind mail-in voting. Not many people in the recent threads on mail-in voting do.
What’s the security behind mail in voting ?

Feel free to enlighten us?

Also, I don’t remember saying anything about CCW. I said practicing our 2nd amendment, meaning buying a gun

Old 09-24-2023, 01:28 PM
Status: "I Choose Freedom Over Democracy!" (set 5 days ago)

1,325 posts, read 659,609 times
Quote:
I got my Utah CCW via mail-in. It works as long as you understand the entire process. You don't seem to understand the security behind mail-in voting. Not many people in the recent threads on mail-in voting do.
Actually, we do. When people (democrats) believe that the ends justify the means it makes perfect sense. Democrats lack morals,scruples and any boundaries and have no qualms about stealing elections. As Spock would say, It's only logical..

Old 09-24-2023, 01:31 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 13 days ago)

35,646 posts, read 18,006,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
Is it really that difficult to stand in line? Please have some respect for the institution of voting on the future of our Republic...

Conversely, why do you think voting should be easy as possible? Do you not respect the voting process enough to recognize that integrity of the ballot is of the utmost importance? The easier it is to vote, the less serious it actually is. We need to respect our institution of voting and take it seriously, not water it down and demean it, like Governor Hochul intends to...
Actually, here's what I'd like to have happen. I'd like for there to be early voting, AND no cause mail in voting. Like it is here in Texas.

BUT. I'd like for the voter to actually have to fill out the ballot, not just click a name. Actually write a name in there.

In the voting booth, you can bring your list of candidates - no need to memorize them. And the machine could have a google like feature, that if you typed in Gipson it would say do you mean Gibson? Like that.

But I would like for people to actually have to intentionally type in a name. And that would keep all the nonsense that happens down ballot, at the local races, where people have zero idea who they're voting for judge positions, and school board but they just vote anyway based solely on the appearance of the name.

So. No, not easy as possible. But accessible to every single person who wants to vote.

Old 09-24-2023, 01:32 PM

9,902 posts, read 4,666,395 times
Quote:
Hilarious. Utah has had universal mail-in voting for years. Yeah, conservative Utah where Trump won in 2020. How come the Dems didn't rig that state? Anyone? Bueller?

Guess who votes by mail? Seniors -- who vote predominantly Republican. So what do they do? They make it more difficult for seniors to vote. You can make this lunacy up!
Population for the state of Utah around 3.8 million people.

Population for the state of New York 19.8 million people

Population for New York City 7.8 million people

It's much easier to control fraud with a fraction of the ballots that places like NY state will have to handle. . But the Democrats see fraud possibilities galore.

Old 09-24-2023, 01:38 PM

6,820 posts, read 9,370,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Actually, here's what I'd like to have happen. I'd like for there to be early voting, AND no cause mail in voting. Like it is here in Texas.

BUT. I'd like for the voter to actually have to fill out the ballot, not just click a name. Actually write a name in there.
Oh man, I can just picture it now in Democrat-run states, where we see examples of ballots where the writing is so poor to the point where it’s completely unclear what candidate the voter intended to vote for, and Democrats will argue that it’s a vote for whoever the Democrat candidate is.

Sort of like some of those ‘cured’ ballots in Arizona where the signature didn’t match at all yet it was A-OK! Send it on through, gotta get Katie Hobbs into office!

Quote:
In the voting booth, you can bring your list of candidates - no need to memorize them. And the machine could have a google like feature, that if you typed in Gipson it would say do you mean Gibson? Like that.

But I would like for people to actually have to intentionally type in a name. And that would keep all the nonsense that happens down ballot, at the local races, where people have zero idea who they're voting for judge positions, and school board but they just vote anyway based solely on the appearance of the name.
On a more serious note, I think this would be more difficult for folks who have disabilities. But, I think the Democrat solution for that would be to have someone assist the voter.

Voter: “I want Donald Trump”
Assistant: “Okay. J … O … E …… B …”

Quote:
But accessible to every single person who wants to vote.
Voting is accessible to every single person who wants to vote. Democrats just like to act like voting is SO DIFFICULT that all processes — especially those that ensure election integrity — need to be thrown out so their lazy-ass voters get their ballots in.

Old 09-24-2023, 01:39 PM

11,832 posts, read 5,816,767 times
Quote:
Glad you feel secure doing it but not every state does things the way Utah does. When I went to vote in NY last year - not only were there not a rep from each party checking IDS but I was given 2 paper ballots. Yes I handed one back and yes I called the election board and reported it when I came home - if I can't trust them to correctly process votes when I go in person - I'm not trusting them to process mail in votes.

Old 09-24-2023, 01:40 PM
Status: "I Choose Freedom Over Democracy!" (set 5 days ago)

1,325 posts, read 659,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
Hochul the second Democrat governor to apparently by pass their state's own constitution to implement a voting measure. Pennsylvania governor Scott Shapiro used an executive order to give automatic voter registration to those that renew or get a Pennsylvania driver's license.

https://nypost.com/2023/09/20/republ...e-by-mail-law/

https://tristatealert.com/republican...ration-change/
Another dirtbag my "fellow" Pennsylvanians chose..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies