Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2023, 05:37 PM

1,875 posts, read 650,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
So? Nothing says it has to be done in Utah now, does it? I had my done in a gun shop out of state and mailed it into Utah.

But to your point, yes, you do have to appear somewhere in person. And guess what? It's the same for voter registration. You have to have a US resident ID which can only be gotten in-person to register in order to vote.
Good. At least we agree on one thing.

But the disqualification of the CCW permit as an analogy remains. A successful CCW permit, be it fraudulently to the wrong person or correctly to the right person, the end is still the same, only one person affected. In fact, if I received a CCW approval in the mail and it was addressed to someone else, the fear of legal repercussions would outweigh the benefit of a fraudulent CCW permit. In voting, there is no such fear because I can take someone else's ballot, alter it, and vote in-person on election day, then once that ballot is tabulated, it is over. Not just one person but 1/2 the country benefit. The results are not the same even though the same method -- the mail system -- was used.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2023, 05:45 PM

1,700 posts, read 613,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
thank you

why, indeed?

well, we know why
I’ll tell you why. It’s quite simple actually. -To maintaining the integrity of our elections.-

Mail in votes are ripe for fraud. As another poster said, New Yorkers voted mail in voting down. Anyone who is being honest knows mail in voting ruins an election’s integrity.

Old 09-24-2023, 05:47 PM

1,700 posts, read 613,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
Nope. There is no ballot box stuffing. That's a ridiculous concept that makes Trumpsters feel better about their guy losing. There has been zero evidence of any voting fraud that would have changed the results of the 2020 election.
People are literally on camera stuffing ballots. You just want your party to be able to cheat. I guess cheating makes democrats feel better.

Old 09-24-2023, 05:52 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginwaterland View Post
People are literally on camera stuffing ballots. You just want your party to be able to cheat. I guess cheating makes democrats feel better.
No they aren't.

Old 09-24-2023, 06:25 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
Nope. There is no ballot box stuffing. That's a ridiculous concept that makes Trumpsters feel better about their guy losing. There has been zero evidence of any voting fraud that would have changed the results of the 2020 election.
so there is none now, nor never ballot box stuffing......... Boss Tweed sure did

what do you think harvesting is....... an individual picks up ballots, for both parties..looks at them discards those for the opposing party...

box stuffing has been happening as long as there are elections...... to say no... make you the most naive person walking this earth

Old 09-24-2023, 06:26 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
No they aren't.
says the dem from Cali, that vote ONLY BLUE, and yet doesn't want to know the dems history

Old 09-24-2023, 06:26 PM

1,307 posts, read 651,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
No they aren't.
Guess you missed the security footage of the democrats in Fulton county repeatedly running the same stacks of ballots through the tabulating machines AFTER the chief thief chased all of the observers out of the building..no need to stuff ballot boxes when you can get away with this..but this is acceptable to the lowlifes among us.

Old 09-24-2023, 06:40 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,832,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roderic View Post
Good. At least we agree on one thing.

But the disqualification of the CCW permit as an analogy remains. A successful CCW permit, be it fraudulently to the wrong person or correctly to the right person, the end is still the same, only one person affected. In fact, if I received a CCW approval in the mail and it was addressed to someone else, the fear of legal repercussions would outweigh the benefit of a fraudulent CCW permit. In voting, there is no such fear because I can take someone else's ballot, alter it, and vote in-person on election day, then once that ballot is tabulated, it is over. Not just one person but 1/2 the country benefit. The results are not the same even though the same method -- the mail system -- was used.
I'm not sure what you mean by alter the ballot. Change a person's vote? Given that they're fill-in using black ink, is that even possible to do without being detected? And where are you going to get their filled-in ballot anyway? Now you could steal their empty ballot somehow. And then you would need sign it correctly. Also, you would have to know that the person whose ballot you forged would not also be voting because then your gig is up when the duplicate is detected. It's not a simple matter.

And you're going to risk a felony voter fraud conviction for a single vote? No you're not. Some moron might, but that vote isn't going to change an election. A few random fraudulent votes are always detected in election, but nowhere near enough to change the outcome. Those people who do them are caught and punished and just as often Republicans as Democrats (more, some people say). But pulling off that fraud you described in large numbers is infeasible.

Our election apparatus is very secure and people trying to convince you otherwise simply don't know how it all works. Mail in voting is secure and favors Republicans more than it does Democrats.

Old 09-24-2023, 06:46 PM

1,307 posts, read 651,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
I'm not sure what you mean by alter the ballot. Change a person's vote? Given that they're fill-in using black ink, is that even possible to do without being detected? And where are you going to get their filled-in ballot anyway? Now you could steal their empty ballot somehow. And then you would need sign it correctly. Also, you would have to know that the person whose ballot you forged would not also be voting because then your gig is up when the duplicate is detected. It's not a simple matter.

And you're going to risk a felony voter fraud conviction for a single vote? No you're not. Some moron might, but that vote isn't going to change an election. A few random fraudulent votes are always detected in election, but nowhere near enough to change the outcome. Those people who do them are caught and punished and just as often Republicans as Democrats (more, some people say). But pulling off that fraud you described in large numbers is infeasible.

Our election apparatus is very secure and people trying to convince you otherwise simply don't know how it all works. Mail in voting is secure and favors Republicans more than it does Democrats.
You're almost as good as Baghdad Bob!

Old 09-24-2023, 07:03 PM

15,440 posts, read 7,497,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-C View Post
Guess you missed the security footage of the democrats in Fulton county repeatedly running the same stacks of ballots through the tabulating machines AFTER the chief thief chased all of the observers out of the building..no need to stuff ballot boxes when you can get away with this..but this is acceptable to the lowlifes among us.
There is no evidence of that happening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies