Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2023, 06:25 PM

8,885 posts, read 4,604,758 times

Advertisements

He will get a pass because Jamaal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2023, 06:33 PM

6,853 posts, read 9,395,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Me too. Today, a fire alarm. Tomorrow, the entire takeover of the U.S., instating authoritarian rule and forced lobotomies.

With that said, it is as simple as: this guy needs at the very least do some time. What he did was dangerous. And at the other end of things, if he did it to disrupt proceedings: prison time. So.either way, lock this idiot up.
Wow, we agree on something!

On a more serious note, I will be following this incident to see how this is handled.

I think he, of course, needs to receive due process and face consequences for his actions.

I also wonder what would happen if he was expelled from the House. Would MSM rush to his defense and claim that expulsion is unnecessary? Would they bring race into the conversation in an attempt to fan some flames and create “Winter of Love 2023-2024” (i.e. A BLACK MAN was expelled)? Would they try to run defense for him since he’s a Democrat by ignoring and/or treating this story with kid gloves? I guess we’ll find out.

Old 09-30-2023, 06:51 PM

3,658 posts, read 1,614,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
It looks like some Republicans are drawing up a resolution to expel him from the House while others are talking about censure. I think McCarthy just basically said something about referring this to the Ethics committee for further discussion. Guess we’ll see how this all plays out.
Rep. Nicole Malliotakis (R-NY) posted on yt that they had 12 hours to go when "dems asked for a motion to adjourn, followed by a bunch of speeches to delay a vote, and then Bowman pulled the fire alarm to created a fake emergency to prohibit a vote on the house floor...what he did was a federal crime and I'm putting a resolution to expel him... bty we did get the bill passed, it's over at the senate now..."

Old 09-30-2023, 06:52 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,055,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
Wow, we agree on something!

On a more serious note, I will be following this incident to see how this is handled.

I think he, of course, needs to receive due process and face consequences for his actions.

I also wonder what would happen if he was expelled from the House. Would MSM rush to his defense and claim that expulsion is unnecessary? Would they bring race into the conversation in an attempt to fan some flames and create “Winter of Love 2023-2024” (i.e. A BLACK MAN was expelled)? Would they try to run defense for him since he’s a Democrat by ignoring and/or treating this story with kid gloves? I guess we’ll find out.
I don't know what would happen. I'll be following this too.

Old 09-30-2023, 07:19 PM

27,196 posts, read 15,375,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Sounds like "Interfering With Official Proceedings", punishable by prison alongside the Jan6ers.
Hmm, sounds like it for it is just that.

Old 09-30-2023, 07:19 PM

25,941 posts, read 18,937,421 times
When the people running the nation are the stupidest people in that nation, you know you have a problem.

Old 09-30-2023, 07:28 PM

10,523 posts, read 4,078,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
I don't think he did it to shut proceedings down....

first off....he's stupid enough to not know about security cameras...and know he would be caught

and if he's stupid enough to not know about security cameras....he's stupid enough to not know he can't use those doors as a short cut

I think he's ”Guam tipping over” stupid.....and tried to take a short cut across campus

then again, I could be wrong.....

“Congressman Bowman regularly brags about his years as a teacher and principal. He’s from a state that requires TWELVE fire drills per school year,” one user noted. “The man knows exactly how fire alarms work.”
He's another puppet for the machine and they probably told him to do this and they would get him out of it in the end.

Old 09-30-2023, 07:38 PM

27,196 posts, read 15,375,157 times
Bowman was formerly a middle school principal in NYC before going to Congress.
As a school admin., he knew all about how fire alarm systems work in buildings.

Old 09-30-2023, 08:00 PM

3,566 posts, read 1,520,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Bowman was formerly a middle school principal in NYC before going to Congress.
As a school admin., he knew all about how fire alarm systems work in buildings.
Any adult with an iq above 60 knows that pulling a fire alarm will trigger an alarm lol.

Old 09-30-2023, 08:05 PM

39,895 posts, read 26,574,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
"Bowman spokeswoman: Congressman Bowman did not realize he would trigger a building alarm as he was rushing to make an urgent vote. The Congressman regrets any confusion."

https://nypost.com/2023/09/30/rep-ja...hutdown-looms/

Lets face it, no one will ever give confuse him with someone intelligent-but he's not THAT stupid. Just that much of a liar and insurrectionist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies