Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2023, 06:58 AM

78,465 posts, read 60,666,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
That is the quality of products that many Americans get in their local markets and grocery stores that are not big names. I see that type of stuff across the south all the time in those stores and in the Latin markets as well. Sometimes it even looks steroid-injected with huge legs that look more like a chicken/turkey hybrid.

We have gotten used to a crappy food supply in many parts of the country and in poorer areas.
So are we done with the gouging discussion now that I posted the fed inflation numbers on chicken at 25% total over 4 years?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2023, 07:16 AM

605 posts, read 1,029,888 times
The American people have shown that they are willing to pay more for chicken as long as they dont have a president that is trying to destroy democracy

Old 10-07-2023, 07:42 AM

25,798 posts, read 12,859,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atadytic19 View Post
Biden isn't God. Y'all need to stop acting like he has control over all things
The Commander in Chief (Joe Biden) doesn't have all control over all things, but he has more control over more things than anyone else.

Thus, Biden owns high food (Chicken) prices....he must wear it, & his poor polling results say that he is.

There's a direct correlation between restricting fossil fuels (which Biden's done), & higher fossil fuel prices.

There's also a direct correlation between higher fossil fuel prices, & the higher costs of food.

Who on Earth has more control over these policies than the President of the U.S.?

note: Fossil fuel production rose under Biden, only due to covid shut downs significantly dropping production beforehand. Biden's restrictions failed to match demand after the economy re-opened.

Old 10-07-2023, 09:07 AM

30,459 posts, read 21,309,635 times
Everything has gone up.

Old 10-07-2023, 11:31 AM

57,338 posts, read 26,255,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
The Commander in Chief (Joe Biden) doesn't have all control over all things, but he has more control over more things than anyone else.

Thus, Biden owns high food (Chicken) prices....he must wear it, & his poor polling results say that he is.

There's a direct correlation between restricting fossil fuels (which Biden's done), & higher fossil fuel prices.

There's also a direct correlation between higher fossil fuel prices, & the higher costs of food.

Who on Earth has more control over these policies than the President of the U.S.?

note: Fossil fuel production rose under Biden, only due to covid shut downs significantly dropping production beforehand. Biden's restrictions failed to match demand after the economy re-opened.
You need to explain how a president can control chicken prices in a free market. I see olive oil is very high, of course it's Biden's fault not the world market.

US oil production is back at our record high, nothing to do with Covid. High gas prices are world wide.

Our inflation rate is lower than just about every country.

Old 10-07-2023, 12:10 PM

22,349 posts, read 29,465,198 times
I have no idea of what you guys are talking about?? I was just at Sams club and bought a huge pack of chicken legs for $6 and chicken breasts for $15. Where is this gouging happening because these are normal prices

Old 10-07-2023, 12:27 PM

19,241 posts, read 17,110,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
What people need to understand is when you are at war with energy, we all lose. Biden is like Carter's presidential term. We will have huge inflation, but rich liberals will be unaffected as....well they are rich.

Carter is a great man however but, he wasn't a very good president. Biden is a horrible person from top to bottom.
Energy is a world market and we are a net exporter of petroleum. Do you see US Oil Companies accepting a lower price per barrel for the benefit of the US? Do you really think they enjoyed making little to no money when the price per barrel was so low?

You know the answers, it's a world market and we do not control it.

Old 10-07-2023, 01:12 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,604,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
Can one of our forum Democrats who emphatically supports Joe Biden and this administration please join this thread to tell us why this is actually GOOD news?

I’m expecting answers like “Americans are obese, so this is a blessing in disguise” or “meat production hurts the environment, so less consumption of meat is good” and excuses of that sort.
I'm neither, but aware of news:

To Solve Long-Term Inflation, America Needs More Babies and Immigrants

"The worrying part of demographic-driven inflation is that it’s not going away anytime soon. Last year, the U.S. population grew at 0.1%, its slowest rate since the nation’s founding, according to Census Data. And still the population continues to age as the fertility rate declines. By 2034, older adults will outnumber children for the first time in U.S. history. The share of the population that is under 20 years old has been steadily declining, from 27% in 2007 to 25% in 2020."

I expect more of people drawing correlation to inflation, to everything that isn't involved, long before, if ever, they learn the truth to the cause.

Old 10-07-2023, 01:49 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,816,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/...eef-pork-reachThis, plus homes, gas, electric, etc, leaves me only one question for our liberal friends

Are you really better off today than you were 4 years ago?
I am financially. Of course as a woman I’m worse off since the Right is eroding my rights. I’ll never vote for another Republican as long as they keep that up. And while they continue to try and insert religion (Christianity) into government.

Old 10-07-2023, 01:54 PM

78,465 posts, read 60,666,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I have no idea of what you guys are talking about?? I was just at Sams club and bought a huge pack of chicken legs for $6 and chicken breasts for $15. Where is this gouging happening because these are normal prices
I also have no idea what they're talking about as I have 3 of the 4 on ignore, perhaps you have spotted the reason why.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies