Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2023, 04:34 PM

16,573 posts, read 10,683,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy234 View Post
What Hamas did were wrong in attacking civilians but Israel has just made themselves much worse. They are bombing Gaza indiscriminately and now cutting of supply to Gaza including power, fuel and goods to 2 million people. Israel is responding to these attacks by attacking the entire civilian population. Any sympathy they had in the world will surely wane now. I know most Europeans are no longer sympathetic toward Israel for holding 2 million Gazan's prisoner in the largest open air prison on the planet. It's inhumane
Gazans didn't used to be held prisoner. They had their very own international airport, built and paid for by the international community, that they could use to come and go as they pleased. But what did they do with their airport? They used it to stage attacks against Israel. And finally, Israel decided they'd had enough and destroyed it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yasser...tional_Airport

The people of Gaza could live normal lives if they'd simply acknowledge Israel's right to exist and leave them alone. Yet they can't even manage to attain the barest baseline of civilized behavior. And what they're getting is the result.

34,099 posts, read 17,163,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
It’s possible we’re looking at complete destabilization of the ME in the next six months.
In all liklihood, yes, and I always estimate for every ten non Israel casualties, at minimum one future terrorist was killed. So today I consider the only losses the 700 Israel residents.

10,517 posts, read 4,076,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Israel has one of the most advanced militaries guarding one of the tightest borders.
Is it all for naught?
Was it intentional?
You have to wonder.
There is a Jewish man that attends my church and he is thinking the same thing. That the Israeli government has allowed this to happen. What for, he has no idea but he's not trusting the official story right now.

Last edited by warhorse78; 10-08-2023 at 05:17 PM..

Old 10-08-2023, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Gazans didn't used to be held prisoner. They had their very own international airport, built and paid for by the international community, that they could use to come and go as they pleased. But what did they do with their airport? They used it to stage attacks against Israel. And finally, Israel decided they'd had enough and destroyed it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yasser...tional_Airport

The people of Gaza could live normal lives if they'd simply acknowledge Israel's right to exist and leave them alone. Yet they can't even manage to attain the barest baseline of civilized behavior. And what they're getting is the result.
Amen. The residents of Gaza are not deserving of any sympathy at all. Perhaps, a few months of living in stone age conditions will make them kick out their own terrorists, or aid in them being caught and dealt with.

Old 10-08-2023, 04:37 PM

5,956 posts, read 2,895,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Valid point. The UN is useless.
The UN is the tough guy untill the action starts and then they are ordered to run back to their Staging Base

Old 10-08-2023, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
But they just sent a carrier group to the Mediterranean.
likely to get video of Israel attacked for CNN

Old 10-08-2023, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
multiple posters on CD, in threads about the attack on israel, have justified, ignored, or supported the horrific murders, torture, kidnapping of over 600 women, men, children, babies, old people....private citizens....by hamas terrorists. these posters have revealed themselves. i won't forget who they are.
And you want to know the really sad thing, they are mostly brainwashed by the media and tech giants that are mostly owned and controlled by Jewish people. Scary thought, huh? I feel for the innocent because they are being attacked on both sides. It's one thing when it's Hamas, but when it's your own people safe in the USA and using their money, power and influence to support the very monsters attacking you, can you imagine the despair they are feeling?

Old 10-08-2023, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
Won’t happen, at least with a Democrat in the White House. Democrats LOVE the UN and want to cede even more power to it. The idea of being governed by some type of international body is music to a Democrat’s ears.

I’m sure they will eventually make some kind of lukewarm statement and/or one that is somewhat pro-Hamas.
Yep, it's why I have been saying, it's no longer red vs blue, republican vs democrat anymore. It's the nationalists (Trump and his supporters) vs globalists (what we have in the White House now). They don't want individual countries, they want unions and they all answer to one major organization that is run by the very top one percent of the world. The UN and WEF are good examples of this.

Old 10-08-2023, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElijahAstin View Post
It adds up for someone who describes themselves as “Non-Reptilian” and thinks most Israeli Jews freely emigrated from safe havens like New York City. I take it that the Arizona High Desert is not Scottsdale.

And I’m no hard-line Zionist or anything close to it (I consider myself post-Zionist, if anything). But as much as I despite Netanyahu and his right-wing fascist ilk, Israel has the right to exist, and what’s happening right now is not tantamount to the occasions when Hamas rockets kill three and IDF counterstrikes kill 300. This is an existential battle, and Israel deserves to win it.
Amen.

Old 10-08-2023, 04:56 PM

3,619 posts, read 3,891,973 times
To be totally fair, the small time retaliation that Israel tends to do is counterproductive. Doing a lot more damage to establish real deterrence or killing them all and being done with it would work. Repeatedly turning the other cheek and showing the civilians how restrained they are after Hamas goes on a civilian murdering streak might work (probably not, but maybe). Small scale retaliation is a tempting for short run deference and emotional catharsis but in the long term a loser of a strategy that further angers the Palestinians without establishing long term deterrence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies