Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2023, 07:36 AM

30,519 posts, read 19,271,318 times

Advertisements

I think a miniscule amount, Jews overwhelmingly vote Democrat no matter who the candidates are.

I do think this war, the Ukraine-Russia war, high inflation and gas prices mean Joe is probably toast for 2024.

Old 10-10-2023, 07:37 AM

6,751 posts, read 6,756,551 times
Biden's RCP approval rating just fell to an 18 month low.

Old 10-10-2023, 07:40 AM

6,751 posts, read 6,756,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I think a miniscule amount, Jews overwhelmingly vote Democrat no matter who the candidates are.
They also account for 20%-25% of Dem campaign contributions.

But I don't think it's just Jews, this event is shining a light on the results of Iran appeasement and the general ineptitude of this administration.

Old 10-10-2023, 07:42 AM

30,519 posts, read 19,271,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseGoTo11 View Post
They also account for 20%-25% of Dem campaign contributions.

But I don't think it's just Jews, this event is shining a light on the results of Iran appeasement and the general ineptitude of this administration.
Hope you're right, I guess it could impact independents as well.

Old 10-10-2023, 07:45 AM

26,003 posts, read 22,198,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
By some of the posts here and elsewhere I can actually say that anti-semitism is much worse than I could have ever imagined. I am talking about Americans hating the Jewish Nation. The hate for Israel is immense.
Usually "hate" is the buzz word for the left. Just because one doesn't support Israel, it does not mean that they "hate" anyone there or amount to "anti-semitism", which is yet another buzz word. The thing is, those people have been fighting forever, that is just what they do. Much of the support comes from "God's chosen people", and my God doesn't discriminate in this matter.

All across the internet I found stories on this attack. I wondered why Hamas attacked Israel, so I googled for stories buried when it came to what those of Israel had done in the past. I think most so cling to what the media feeds them, that they simply don't look beyond the headlines.

https://www.amnesty.org/en/location/...n-territories/

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2023/...al-aqsa-mosque (9/17/23)

"In celebration of Rosh Hashanah, hundreds of ultranationalist Israelis made an incursion into the Al-Aqsa courtyard through the Morocco Gate under the protection of Israeli troops, according to news outlet Al-Mayadeen."

https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/05/middl...hnk/index.html

"During the first incident on Wednesday morning, footage shared on social media showed Israeli officers striking screaming people with batons inside the darkened building. Eyewitnesses told CNN that police had smashed doors and windows to enter the mosque and deployed stun grenades and rubber bullets once inside. Video shared by Israeli police show forces holding riot shields up as fireworks were launched back at them, ricocheting off the walls."

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/ne...l-aqsa-mosque/

"During the first attack on Tuesday night, Israeli security forces arrested at least 450 Palestinians, about 50 of whom are still in detention. Many of those who were released were barefoot and visibly battered and bruised when they emerged from Atarot Detention Centre on Wednesday. A lawyer at the scene told Amnesty International that many detainees, including children, were interrogated and beaten while in detention. Amnesty International also heard from the Palestinian Red Crescent Society how, during Tuesday night’s attack, Israeli forces had prevented paramedics from accessing wounded people inside the mosque compound by firing rubber bullets at ambulances. "

https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/w...ippers-ramadan

Israel's control of occupied East Jerusalem, including the Old City, violates several principles of international law which stipulates that an occupying power has no sovereignty in the territory it occupies and cannot make any permanent changes there.

“Israel does not want to learn from history, that al-Aqsa is for the Palestinians and for all Arabs and Muslims, and that storming it sparked a revolution against the occupation,” Palestinian Prime Minister Mohammad Shtayyeh said following Tuesday’s raids."

Two sides to every story. This amounts to a "religious" war that will never end, so if they want to fight, let them, and we should not become involved, as that will only bring problems to our country. Another "transfer of wealth" with kickbacks just like the Ukraine "war". We have 1/2 million homeless, limited mental health services available, parents begging for donations to save the lives of their children for medical care that insurance will not cover...............want to start a fight, don't start one YOU can't finish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
I would rather see neutrality from him but I don't expect it. It doesn't help him in my eyes but it doesn't hurt.
I would rather see that also. I suppose Trump did this to win the far religious right vote, and again, religious wars never end.

Old 10-10-2023, 07:49 AM

17,431 posts, read 16,608,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
I would rather see neutrality from him but I don't expect it. It doesn't help him in my eyes but it doesn't hurt.
Why would he be neutral? Since when has Trump ever been a mealy mouthed and milquetoast person? What happened in Israel was horrific.

Old 10-10-2023, 10:56 AM

9,510 posts, read 9,112,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheseGoTo11 View Post
Biden's ineptitude and the Dems inability to call out the racist Jihad Squad are definitely going to help him. I voted for Biden last time, and this latest Iran appeasement move is the end of it.
Wow your yard stick is long. Afghanistan surrender, Biden corruption with Hunter payoffs, classified material, open borders, soaring inflation, tanking economy, poor negotiating on prisoner releases, incompetency in public speeches, whew… now this is it!

Hereby declare my support for someone else besides Biden! Congratulations!

Old 10-10-2023, 11:15 AM

567 posts, read 301,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
By some of the posts here and elsewhere I can actually say that anti-semitism is much worse than I could have ever imagined. I am talking about Americans hating the Jewish Nation. The hate for Israel is immense.
Once again, being anti-Zionist is not anti-Semitic. Israel is not an innocent angel in this.

Old 10-10-2023, 11:41 AM

4,675 posts, read 1,963,466 times
When this thing started I was just "here we go again", seems to happen every 8 or 10 years. Hamas attacks, Israel moves in and starts bombing. A cease fire is pushed by the U.N. and major powers and Hamas and the Palestinians get some money. Seems to have been this way for my lifetime. But if the reports are true that are coming out of murdered civilians and recently and incredibly horrific of babies being found executed and beheaded this won't be like other times. The Israeli's will strike the Palestinians like never before and no amount of U.N. pressure or pro palestinian rhetoric will stop them.

Old 10-10-2023, 11:43 AM

4,578 posts, read 3,777,085 times
Doesn’t help much - Jewish Americans are mostly democrats and there are plenty of Jewish-Americans who believe Netanyahu has been too aggressive in annexing lands and that’s not a way to peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies