Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should these students be blacklisted?
Yes 97 55.75%
No - just expelled from Harvard 9 5.17%
No 46 26.44%
deport them 22 12.64%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2023, 02:30 AM

19,020 posts, read 14,198,297 times

Advertisements

I smell a dox brewing. . .

Old 10-12-2023, 02:39 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,658,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Nonsense. You post drips of anti-semitism.

The only reason now is that they are criticizing victims of terror and praising terrorists. Normally they don't get any pushback with their anti-semitic rants. Probably why they are surprised now.
This whole thread is nothing but.....................

Old 10-12-2023, 05:19 AM

3,971 posts, read 4,038,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
What I have most interesting about this "situation" is that all of those who appeared to support the 1st Amendment (free speech), are now ready to expel citizens from our country when they used that free speech to express their feelings, which by the way, may have come out of knowing the history of the area where this is happening, which I am guessing that most of the people wanting to expel them do not know. It is a religious war, and the US should stay out of it.

I did notice that many that want to expel the students, expel all Muslims, or expel anyone that actually knows the history, thus does not blindly support Israel, also would probably expel some of our own citizens of color, but then, they wouldn't have a scapegoat!

The right has looked as bad as the left by condemning all of the members of a group based on the actions of a few.

Try reading some history, and not being directed by MSM. Maybe if you want free speech without consequences, allow others the same right!

***Check to see whose human rights are violated. Tip: It isn't the people of Israel whose rights are violated.
I wouldn't say "all", because that simply is untrue. And it looks like there are democrats and republicans who condemn those who support these acts of evil.

Old 10-12-2023, 05:35 AM

18,463 posts, read 15,244,932 times
Quote:
Nonsense. You post drips of anti-semitism.

The only reason now is that they are criticizing victims of terror and praising terrorists. Normally they don't get any pushback with their anti-semitic rants. Probably why they are surprised now.
Drips? Screams of it, actually.

"Those they cant criticize." is one of many phrases used repeatedly by people who hate Jews.

May as well throw in a "Rothschild" or "banking cartel" reference.

Old 10-12-2023, 06:08 AM

9,453 posts, read 5,212,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
Should they all be named and banned from jobs? I certainly wouldn't want someone with those views working for me.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...os-ackman.html
I voted to expel from Harvard because, theoretically, any deep vetting of candidates from Harvard would reveal their viewpoints. Everyone now researches FB, Insta, etc.

It made my day to hear some existing job offers were rescinded based on these students' support of Hamas.

Old 10-12-2023, 06:11 AM

3,749 posts, read 1,442,838 times
From not caring about George Floyd and white supremacy and voting maga or being agaisnt Israel. Kids these days both right and left need to be careful of what they say me personally I don't think people should be fired or blacklisted. Let's have a conversation first to see where one person's mind is.

Old 10-12-2023, 06:14 AM

1,285 posts, read 591,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
I voted to expel from Harvard because, theoretically, any deep vetting of candidates from Harvard would reveal their viewpoints. Everyone now researches FB, Insta, etc.

It made my day to hear some existing job offers were rescinded based on these students' support of Hamas.
But universities should be academic institutions, not institutions to compel political conformity.
Shouldn't the student body of Harvard contain different geo political points of view?

Old 10-12-2023, 06:18 AM

24,620 posts, read 9,449,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Many Jews are sympathetic to the Palestinian cause and also support freedom of thought and expression. All Jews don't think alike.
Ugh, the Palestinian cause wants to massacre Jews and erase Israel off the map. Did the decades of conflict not provide enough evidence?

I have not seen any evidence of "many" American Jews supporting Palestine. They're either pro-Israel or silent.

"All Jews don't think alike" and "many Jews are sympathetic to Palestine" are two separate things. No one ever claimed all Jews think alike.

Old 10-12-2023, 06:19 AM

1,285 posts, read 591,695 times
Quote:
Sounds like you have a pretty limited understanding of history.

And questionable morals to think its ok to talk about supporting Hamas after those atrocities.
One problem there is that the students statement didn't support Hamas.
It holds Israel responsible for the ensuing violence that occurs (or will occur) post Hamas attack.
That is not the same thing.

Additionally, what I think we are seeing now, is that any Palestinian point of view, is automatically considered Pro Hamas, but this is just reductivism.

Old 10-12-2023, 06:20 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times
No. I'm not for cancelling people for their opinions. That's Fascism. Hopefully, they will grow up eventually.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies