Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2023, 03:57 AM

11,841 posts, read 5,823,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Trump has zero chance of winning why is that because 7 states control who wins the Whitehouse. Those 7 states voted blue in 2022 when faced with anyone who had to do with Trump. Their choice will not be Trump in 2024 you can cry all you want about the reasons, but voters in these states know exactly what Trump is. The fact that supporters of his believe without a doubt that Trump will win is evidenced they are brainwashed by his cult of personality.

Cult of Personality

A cult of personality, or a cult of the leader, is the result of an effort which is made to create an idealized and heroic image of a glorious leader, often through unquestioning flattery and praise

The question is who can replace Trump as a republican? Not anyone I can see if Trump drops out ends up in prison many of his supporters will not bother voting in general election. They be angry, and feel the system is rigged because Trump has been locked up. Joe Biden will be reelected again not because he is the best there is because he is the only other choice.
You people thought the same thing in 2016 and look how that turned out! We've added open borders, inflation and wars during Biden's reign - Trump looks good at this point when we had low unemployment, fighting back on illegal immigration and lower food and gas prices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2023, 04:32 AM
Status: "Hello Darlin, Nice to see you - Conway Twitty" (set 17 days ago)

791 posts, read 378,518 times
I will vote for any Republican unless RFK becomes a leading candidate then I may switch.

I do notice how soft the Democrats are getting now on their ridiculous policy decisions but too little, too late.

Old 10-14-2023, 01:49 PM

19,830 posts, read 9,398,479 times
NO. Unless DeSantis gets the Republican nod, I will probably go with Hornberger (Libertarian) or RFK, Jr. I actually like Burgum and Hurd just as well as I do Hornberger, but chances are VERY slim that either Burgum or Hurd will get the nomination, unless it is in the VP position, and even that is very unlikely. (MAYBE I would vote for Haley or Scott if Burgum or Hurd were in the VP slot, but at this point, I will not vote for any Republican that I have not mentioned in this post., although I might change my mind depending on how things look eleven months from now.)

Old 10-14-2023, 01:54 PM

19,830 posts, read 9,398,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Nobody smart votes Libertarian, because it’s a wasted vote.
I used to agree with you, but I voted for Trump in 2020 because I didn't want Biden/Harris to win, and that turned out to be a wasted vote, also, for reasons I won't go into here but which most of you can guess.

If the election is going to be stolen, either by suppression of news unfavorable to a certain candidate or by more direct means, then I figure I might as well vote for the candidate I really want.

Old 10-14-2023, 02:40 PM

30,282 posts, read 23,772,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Even if its the worst one? Just to get Biden/Harris out?
No. I'm voting for Trump, no one else. Unlike the whiners on the left, I don't vote to 'just get someone out'. I vote based on who I think will actually do somewhat of a decent job. Trump was ruining everything for scum bag corrupt politicians and their masters, and I'd like him to return and continue where he left off.

No way will I vote for Nikki Haley.

Not real interested in the rest of them slinging out the insults trying to be the next Trump. You either are Trump, or you're not.

Old 10-14-2023, 02:45 PM

8,522 posts, read 4,762,898 times
No, and it’s not just because I’m not a Republican anymore, and not just because I’m a never-trumper. It’s because I refuse to buy into the dogmatism that the parties rely on these days. I value independent thought and voting for the best person. I’ll vote across a lot of party lines - I’ve voted for republicans, democrats, libertarians, greens, and “no labels” candidates in the past. And I absolutely refuse to cast a vote in uncontested elections.

Old 10-14-2023, 02:48 PM

17,682 posts, read 6,947,274 times
I will be voting against the Democrats for the rest of my life. If that forces me to vote for Republicans, so be it.

Old 10-14-2023, 03:35 PM

8,522 posts, read 4,762,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Nobody smart votes Libertarian, because it’s a wasted vote.
No such thing as a wasted vote. That’s a trap the old parties are happy for you to believe and perpetuate, because it’s in their interest to offer a false dichotomy. I myself lean libertarian, but anybody voting any third party, or across party lines to assuage their own ideals, isn’t just not throwing a vote out, it’s doing us all a service. If I can be perhaps a bit forward, the only trash is the “wasted vote” fallacy.

Old 10-14-2023, 03:54 PM

6,111 posts, read 2,737,407 times
I will not Vote For either Trump or Biden. If the Republicans or Democrats pick someone other than the two demented geezers even if its Desantis Haley, or Christi etc they will get my vote.

Old 10-14-2023, 04:12 PM

9,430 posts, read 11,188,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Even if its the worst one? Just to get Biden/Harris out?
Whoever or whatever the R is, they will be less awful than any likely D.

I voted for the total losers Romney and Honest John because I was not about to vote for the mole. Never in a million years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies