Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2023, 01:24 PM

18,984 posts, read 9,070,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Those are the ones in purple and blue districts who have probably already had a lot of pressure to reject Jordan.

If they completely defected and changed their party affiliation it wouldn’t hurt them.
If they are in blue and/or purple districts then changing their party affiliation and voting with the Democrats will increase the likelihood of them returning to Congress in 2024. I would love to see this happen. Come over to the sane side, guys! We don't demand loyalty to an insane and criminal cult master here.

Old 10-17-2023, 01:34 PM

11,022 posts, read 5,980,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Biden is in his office, working. He has never stopped. Which is more than can be said for the House Republicans. Right now we have one branch of the government that is totally nonfunctional. This weakens the U.S. Don't think our enemies around the world aren't taking note of how dysfunctional our government is right now. All due to MAGAs.

I loathed the two-faced McCarthy but he would be better than Jordan, whose only goal is to disrupt.
Say what?

Ah! Satire! You had me going for a moment there. "Biden is in his office, working. He has never stopped". That one was obvious "all due to MAGAs" is what caught me. MAGA, the leftist boogeyman.

Old 10-17-2023, 01:44 PM

7,183 posts, read 4,765,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
I thought Scalise had dropped out?

Those voting for Scalise are simply being spoilers. "I'm unhappy, so I'll ruin this round of voting." The old "Take my ball and go home" by the usual whiny brats.
I beg to differ

To vote for Jordan is to vote for an incompetent, polarizing, “Freedom” caucus spoiler that hasn’t accomplished much of value in his career as a congressman.

Members of the “Freedom” caucus have no principles left, are just demagogue obstructionists, and have too many nut jobs/worthless pos like Paul Gosar.

If the Congress wishes to clean up its act, they need to GOVERN: get things done for the benefit of the voters not a few corporations.

Old 10-17-2023, 01:45 PM

25,716 posts, read 12,786,330 times
The more hate and vitriol spouted in this thread by Dems/Libs, the better I feel that the Pubs are on the right track...take your time...no hurry.

Jordan for Speaker....Conservatism rising.

Old 10-17-2023, 01:45 PM

37,178 posts, read 19,186,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Quick protip

Congress can only declare war which they haven’t done since WW2.

The responsibility to respond to an attack against the United States is up to the POTUS aka Commander in Chief

But you are right, Biden is not prepared to meet a direct physical attack on the US
Biden is not "The House" as I stated.

Please try to stay on topic.

Old 10-17-2023, 01:46 PM

22,182 posts, read 19,455,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
All it would take is for a half dozen of the purple republicans to vote Jeffries. The House goes back to work, and the tie breakers end up more popular than ever with the Folks Back Home.

This could happen.

Very unlikely. Although, still very unlikely, the potential way I see Jeffries getting in is if enough Republicans either don't vote or vote Present that it lowers the amount of votes needed to get the majority (there would need to be 10, assuming all Democrats vote). The flip side to that is, of course similar to how McCarthy was elected, it is also possible enough Republicans vote present to lower the threshold for Jordan (or anyone else) as well.

Old 10-17-2023, 01:54 PM

57,242 posts, read 26,182,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Say what?

Ah! Satire! You had me going for a moment there. "Biden is in his office, working. He has never stopped". That one was obvious "all due to MAGAs" is what caught me. MAGA, the leftist boogeyman.
The crazy eights who are largely MAGA heads are responsible for the dysfunction, they think a small minority of voters should decide our fate. Jordan is a big Trump supporter, he thought he won the 2020 election, certainly a great choice for house leader.

Old 10-17-2023, 02:01 PM

7,183 posts, read 4,765,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Say what?

No, it’s not satire. But the post is incomplete:

The SCOTUS is corrupt and politicized thanks to Mitch McConnell, the Federalist Society and Trump.

The US House of Representatives is a discredited mess since Newt Gingrich was speaker. So we’re talking decades of dysfunction. The GOP’ers only care about spending when a Democrat is in the WH. Spending and insecurity are OK when a Republican is in the WH: George W Bush and Donald Trump.

The only one who appears to be working is Joe Biden. The unemployment rate is low: that’s my number 1 metric.

The conflict in Israel? I think Trump asked Bibi Netanyahu about his wall and Bibi told too many “details” to Trump. Then Trump, who can’t hold water or keep his mouth shut to save his life, told his buddy Putin. Putin then told Iran and the Iranians told Hamas.

That’s the only explanation that makes sense to me.

Old 10-17-2023, 02:07 PM

20,026 posts, read 20,835,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
No, it’s not satire. But the post is incomplete:

The SCOTUS is corrupt and politicized thanks to Mitch McConnell, the Federalist Society and Trump.

The US House of Representatives is a discredited mess since Newt Gingrich was speaker. So we’re talking decades of dysfunction. The GOP’ers only care about spending when a Democrat is in the WH. Spending and insecurity are OK when a Republican is in the WH: George W Bush and Donald Trump.

The only one who appears to be working is Joe Biden. The unemployment rate is low: that’s my number 1 metric.

The conflict in Israel? I think Trump asked Bibi Netanyahu about his wall and Bibi told too many “details” to Trump. Then Trump, who can’t hold water or keep his mouth shut to save his life, told his buddy Putin. Putin then told Iran and the Iranians told Hamas.

That’s the only explanation that makes sense to me.
Please get help. There are many resources available these days.

Old 10-17-2023, 02:17 PM

6,098 posts, read 2,720,244 times
How sad a Democrat beating a republican in a speaker vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies