Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2023, 06:31 AM

4,217 posts, read 3,766,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripicana View Post
No, the ones properly developed and vetted are fine. I’ll still get the tetanus shot.
The Tetanus shot is the ONLY one I get. Ironically, my son cut himself on rusty metal a few months back and we called the doctor to inquire if he was up to date on Tetanus. They told us he was, but then recommended that we make an appointment to get him checked out and perhaps receive another Tetanus shot if needed. Being up to date, we declined the appointment. They are always trying to rope you in for something else thats unneeded.

Old 10-31-2023, 07:48 AM

9,752 posts, read 11,176,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
The Tetanus shot is the ONLY one I get. Ironically, my son cut himself on rusty metal a few months back and we called the doctor to inquire if he was up to date on Tetanus. They told us he was, but then recommended that we make an appointment to get him checked out and perhaps receive another Tetanus shot if needed. Being up to date, we declined the appointment. They are always trying to rope you in for something else thats unneeded.
If you take with the 20-year-old admin answering the phone, then you might get some bad advice. Still, Tetanus shots last "about" 10 years. Yet others say 30 years https://news.ohsu.edu/2016/03/22/stu...s-not-every-10 from that link: "Doctors may recommend children and adults get a booster shot earlier if there’s a suspicion they may have been exposed to tetanus-causing spores. For example, if you step on a rusty nail or have a deep cut that’s been exposed to infected soil, your doctor may recommend a booster."

There is VERY little money in a booster. So no, they were not "trying to rope you in." If I got stuck with a chunk of rust, personally, I'd go get another boost. What's my downside? Time and money. What's my upside? Resetting my booster for another decade and having a higher probability of something not impacting my life. I'd drive to a Costco and hand them $60 and call it a day.

Let's work some stats. "In 2017, a total of 33 tetanus cases and 2 deaths were reported through the National Notifiable Diseases Surveillance System (NNDSS).[2] The effectiveness of tetanus toxoid-containing vaccines is very high, although not 100%.[3–5] Vaccination status was known for 72 (27%) of 264 tetanus cases reported from 2009 through 2017.[2] In only 18 (25%) was receipt of 3 or more doses of tetanus toxoid reported. The remaining patients were either unvaccinated or had received fewer than 3 doses of tetanus toxoid." I'll let you read the rest.

A lot of words to say, roll the dice if you want. But I'd be spending that $60. You certainly have the right to be paranoid that a doctor (who doesn't receive a nickel for recommending you to be overly cautious and getting a boost) is out to get you! I am amazed at how people crunch their own form of paranoid information.

Old 10-31-2023, 07:52 AM

6,819 posts, read 9,370,545 times
Not surprised.

For what it’s worth, one of my friends who reluctantly got the vaccines because of work mandates, just had COVID and it was horrible for her. Luckily she’s feeling better. But she had the vax, and still had severe symptoms. In fact, pretty much all of the people I know who had COVID got after being vaccinated.

Anyway, I see no value in the COVID vaccine. Glad I never got any of them.

Old 10-31-2023, 07:55 AM

3,989 posts, read 6,581,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
Not surprised.

For what it’s worth, one of my friends who reluctantly got the vaccines because of work mandates, just had COVID and it was horrible for her. Luckily she’s feeling better. But she had the vax, and still had severe symptoms. In fact, pretty much all of the people I know who had COVID got after being vaccinated.

Anyway, I see no value in the COVID vaccine. Glad I never got any of them.
Well since the vaccine was never intended to prevent COVID, call me shocked that people still got it after being vaccinated.

Old 10-31-2023, 08:00 AM

18,482 posts, read 8,308,404 times
well dang....the drug companies...and all the people getting kickbacks....must be screaming their heads off

Old 10-31-2023, 08:12 AM

5,067 posts, read 1,669,610 times
imagine being dumb enough to get a "vaccine" that doesn't prevent infection or transmission.

Not this guy.

Old 10-31-2023, 08:14 AM

4,677 posts, read 4,993,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
Well since the vaccine was never intended to prevent COVID, call me shocked that people still got it after being vaccinated.
What the hell was it intended to do then?

I know, I know, "make symptoms less severe," and "ease the burden on the hospitals."

It did neither, as far as I can see. The virus mutated to less dangerous variants by itself, and hospitalizations in the U.S. peaked at a higher level post mass vaccination than pre mass vaccination.

The fact that you're rolling your eyes at people who thought, by taking a vaccine for a pathogen, they might be able to avoid catching it, says a lot more about you than it does about them.

Old 10-31-2023, 08:16 AM

16,288 posts, read 10,434,651 times
Are we really doing this again?

Old 10-31-2023, 08:16 AM

3,275 posts, read 3,939,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stablegenius View Post
Well maybe had they not lied to us about so many things we'd be more inclined to get it. I got the initial ones, plus some boosters, but after all the revelations that have come out in the past two years, I am not taking any chances.
Please don't bring logic and reason into an internet discussion

Old 10-31-2023, 08:17 AM

15,863 posts, read 6,565,059 times
All I know is that signing up for a shot at the local pharmacy was difficult because they were booked up for months in advance. Maybe the problem is the distribution system?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies