Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2023, 03:11 PM

7,807 posts, read 3,817,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
I am not defending Hamas, nor do I even care about their goals. My point is that the world is disturbed by the leveling of civilian infrastructure. The main stream media may not show the graphic images of people getting killed in their homes and hospitals, but they can be found on places such as Tic Toc and other sites, winning the sympathy and the outrage of the people.

As evil as Hamas is, they do not have the advanced equipment that Israel has, nor do they have an army, navy, airforce, marines, space force etc., etc., so they come across as the underdog. What Israel should've done is to identify the criminals, and send special forces to get them. That would've won the sympathy of the world. Instead, by leveling cities and killing people indiscriminately - regardless of whether Hamas is at the particular target or not, they have created a situation where millions around the world are protesting - not to mention that Jews all over are now the target of anti-Semitism.
When there is a war, there is no such thing as "innocent civilian." That is a null concept.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2023, 03:43 PM

26 posts, read 11,072 times
I heard a lot of this new wave of protesters are the same bunch who were BLM and Antifa types, just re-activated for the new cause.

As far as taking sides: Right now, I chose America and good common sense Americans. America is where I am and this is who I am, and it is what I understand. I’d like Americans to take back America. To protect our borders and to take care of our people.

The REAL kidnapping sign should show all of the American people and all of our government and congress and everything else that has been highjacked. We want our country back!

Old 11-17-2023, 05:35 PM

6,687 posts, read 6,033,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Again, Hamas is hiding behind those civilians. They built their command centers under hospitals. They store their weapons in civilian areas, they wear civilian clothing. There’s no way to go after Hamas without getting the civilians as well. I don’t know why this is so hard to understand. It is Hamas driving civilian deaths, it is what they want to keep support for their evil regime. So what do you expect Israel to do? Just let themselves be massacred over and over?

Israel has been telling them in advance where they are going to shell, to give civilians a chance to leave. What other country does that to another country they’re at war with? It is Hamas who won’t let them leave.

And why is it just Palestinians you care about? There is currently genocide happening in Sudan, yet no protests on college campuses. Why? Those innocent civilians are different somehow? I think it has much more to do with the fact it’s Israel, it’s Jews, an easy target and enemy, while in Sudan it’s Muslims doing the genocide, and it’s the Arab world putting out the propaganda you’ve fallen for. I think you are being manipulated and brainwashed and they are doing an excellent job of it.
I’ve been very anti genocide of all types - including the one against the Tutsi in Rwanda, against Albanians in the former Yugoslavia and many more. My views are actually from the training I received by former holocaust survivors with the number on their arms who lived in the same apartment complex I did back in Washington heights in the 1980s. The reason why I mentioned Palestinians is because that’s what the thread is about.

As far as the human shield - the reason why I have trouble with it is because righteous people wouldn’t kill hostages along with the terrorist, criminal, etc. Plus, the fact that the IDF cut the electricity, internet and water from Palestinians is telling. Why do they have that power over them?

As far as the Arab world putting out propaganda - I question it. The Arab world has abandoned Palestine as far as I’m concerned - most likely because Palestinians are Sunni Muslims not of the other denomination or because the Arab world has business with the west they do not want to cut.

Old 11-18-2023, 01:24 AM

11,636 posts, read 12,706,217 times
Quote:
I’ve been very anti genocide of all types - including the one against the Tutsi in Rwanda, against Albanians in the former Yugoslavia and many more. My views are actually from the training I received by former holocaust survivors with the number on their arms who lived in the same apartment complex I did back in Washington heights in the 1980s. The reason why I mentioned Palestinians is because that’s what the thread is about.

As far as the human shield - the reason why I have trouble with it is because righteous people wouldn’t kill hostages along with the terrorist, criminal, etc. Plus, the fact that the IDF cut the electricity, internet and water from Palestinians is telling. Why do they have that power over them?

As far as the Arab world putting out propaganda - I question it. The Arab world has abandoned Palestine as far as I’m concerned - most likely because Palestinians are Sunni Muslims not of the other denomination or because the Arab world has business with the west they do not want to cut.
The people living in Gaza could have and should have used the money from Qatar to develop their own infrastructure for electricity and internet, instead of building tunnels. The people in Gaza have 78 percent control of their water. Israel does control the rest.

No one wants the Palestinians in Gaza. Jordan refuses to take them in and Egypt at first denied opening their border. The ones already in Egypt and Jordan tried to destabilize their governments. Egypt was very happy to hand over the Palestinians in Gaza to the Israelis because they couldn't control them either. The majority of Arabs in Jordan are of Palestinian descent. The royal family in Jordan has to constantly watch their backs, even though publicly they have to show support for the Palestinians in Gaza.

50 percent of all medical students in Israel are Palestinians and there are excellent Palestinian healthcare providers living in Israel who will treat anyone. These are the educated people who live in the 21st century and do not want to live like their medieval ancestors. But they don't have political control.

Old 11-18-2023, 03:27 AM

26 posts, read 11,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney View Post
The people living in Gaza could have and should have used the money from Qatar to develop their own infrastructure for electricity and internet, instead of building tunnels. The people in Gaza have 78 percent control of their water. Israel does control the rest.

No one wants the Palestinians in Gaza. Jordan refuses to take them in and Egypt at first denied opening their border. The ones already in Egypt and Jordan tried to destabilize their governments. Egypt was very happy to hand over the Palestinians in Gaza to the Israelis because they couldn't control them either. The majority of Arabs in Jordan are of Palestinian descent. The royal family in Jordan has to constantly watch their backs, even though publicly they have to show support for the Palestinians in Gaza.

50 percent of all medical students in Israel are Palestinians and there are excellent Palestinian healthcare providers living in Israel who will treat anyone. These are the educated people who live in the 21st century and do not want to live like their medieval ancestors. But they don't have political control.
Where are these posters on a scale from 1 to 10:
With 1 having the least concern and connection with NYC
and 10 having the most concern and connection with NYC

How come nobody around the world is putting up posters and behaving enraged that the USA is being invaded?

How much outrage is there about the USA being invaded and our American futures being trampled?

Is there any concern for ourselves, at all?
Is the radar just completely swamped and turned off or are we stuck only being concerned about other peoples problems?

Are New Yorkers being conned?

Old 11-18-2023, 07:24 AM

50,783 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanfordBrandinoNY View Post
Where are these posters on a scale from 1 to 10:
With 1 having the least concern and connection with NYC
and 10 having the most concern and connection with NYC

How come nobody around the world is putting up posters and behaving enraged that the USA is being invaded?

How much outrage is there about the USA being invaded and our American futures being trampled?

Is there any concern for ourselves, at all?
Is the radar just completely swamped and turned off or are we stuck only being concerned about other peoples problems?

Are New Yorkers being conned?
Just FYI there are currently about 500 Palestinian-Americans trapped in Gaza whom Hamas won’t let leave. It should matter wherever Americans are under threat.

I don’t think it matters that’s it’s NYC, it’s happening across the country. It’s the youth who are being conned, who believe they are standing for the right thing but instead are embracing terrorism.

There is currently a map that was put out by Hamas detailing Jewish places of worship and communities in NYC to target in “Global Intifada”. So for Stormgal, if it’s all about the Palestinians and not just killing Jews, then why the calls from Hamas for global attacks on Jews, 99.9% of whom have never been to Israel and have no connection to it??

They’re turning entire college campuses into a modern version of the Hitler youth. And the kids don’t even realize it’s happening. Global Intifada means genocide of Jews around the world. How does killing a Jew in Queens make Palestinians lives better? It doesn’t but that’s not Hamas’ goal.

Old 11-18-2023, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Just FYI there are currently about 500 Palestinian-Americans trapped in Gaza whom Hamas won’t let leave. It should matter wherever Americans are under threat.

I don’t think it matters that’s it’s NYC, it’s happening across the country. It’s the youth who are being conned, who believe they are standing for the right thing but instead are embracing terrorism.

There is currently a map that was put out by Hamas detailing Jewish places of worship and communities in NYC to target in “Global Intifada”. So for Stormgal, if it’s all about the Palestinians and not just killing Jews, then why the calls from Hamas for global attacks on Jews, 99.9% of whom have never been to Israel and have no connection to it??

They’re turning entire college campuses into a modern version of the Hitler youth. And the kids don’t even realize it’s happening. Global Intifada means genocide of Jews around the world. How does killing a Jew in Queens make Palestinians lives better? It doesn’t but that’s not Hamas’ goal.
You need to reread my posts. Nowhere did I make it all about the Palestinians. The Arab world and others will attack us because we as a country keep provoking them with our policies. It is also of my impression that people like Bibi would love for NYC to be attacked so that the US can respond and finish leveling Gaza. That’s probably why the best intelligence in the world allowed the organized attack to begin with - to level it.

Old 11-18-2023, 10:04 AM

This round table discussion posted by Judge Napolitano is very informative:

Who is winning the Hamas/Israeli war:

https://www.youtube.com/live/Kc-eHNA...FJThkDs9q6u-vI

Old 11-18-2023, 04:05 PM

35,064 posts, read 17,014,369 times
Quote:
You need to reread my posts. Nowhere did I make it all about the Palestinians. The Arab world and others will attack us because we as a country keep provoking them with our policies. It is also of my impression that people like Bibi would love for NYC to be attacked so that the US can respond and finish leveling Gaza. That’s probably why the best intelligence in the world allowed the organized attack to begin with - to level it.
If these "people" weren't so prone to attaching why would anyone want to "finish leveling Gaza"?

Old 11-18-2023, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
If these "people" weren't so prone to attaching why would anyone want to "finish leveling Gaza"?
Historically, people who are oppressed are prone to attacking their colonizers. Isn’t that what the IRA did when the Irish were under control from the British? Isn’t that how early Americans behaved when The Taxation Acts, the Boston Massacre, the Boston Tea Party, and the Intolerable Acts were committed by the British? Isn’t that why Puerto Ricans carried out an armed attack on the United States Capitol in 1954? And isn’t that why the Jews had an uprising at the Warsaw ghetto?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies