Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2023, 11:24 AM

4,239 posts, read 2,474,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
As a Floridian, I appreciate your compliment. I am a very proud neo-con from the free state of Florida.

What part of neo-conservatism do you object to?

"Neoconservatism refers to things that are pro-American nationalist interest in international affairs. This includes bigger military, pro-democracy, nationalism, anti-communism. It started in the United States during the 1960s."

Are you anti-American? Against our natonal interests in international affairs? Against our #1 most powerful military? Anti-democracy? Pro communism? I'm very curious where you disagree.

Way to go governor DeSantis Florida loves you.
All of the degeneration, decay, corruption, and tyranny you see around you- the neo-cons are fully complicit in it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2023, 11:25 AM

17,728 posts, read 6,972,538 times
I love it. This is going to drive the Democrats insane.

Old 11-03-2023, 11:26 AM

39,108 posts, read 51,321,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Palm Beach County is a Blue County. They bought $200M worth of Israeli bonds...so how do you Libs feel about that?

[b]"Palm Beach County has a total of $200 million invested in Israel Bonds and will earn $21 million in interest off the most recent purchases. “What does this mean for Palm Beach County taxpayers? It means an incredible return, with a very strong and safe investment,” Clerk Abruzzo said.[/B]"
They should have bought US 10 yr. It pays better and the US will need the money to cover the 14 billion in new debt that Congress is planning to give to Israel.

Old 11-03-2023, 11:27 AM

6,113 posts, read 2,885,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
They should have bought US 10 yr. It pays better and the US will need the money to cover the 14 billion in new debt that Congress is planning to give to Israel.
Given that the fourteen billion came from previously passed Democratic spending, are you admitting that President Biden and the Democratic Party's spending added new debt? You know, the first step in addressing a problem is admitting you have one!

Old 11-03-2023, 11:31 AM

21,181 posts, read 19,798,648 times
Democrats can't fathom that a government would actually have a surplus to invest in sound investments. The horror! Governments should be over their head in debt and squander taxdollars on foolish schemes.

Old 11-03-2023, 11:45 AM

26,003 posts, read 22,198,629 times
I would like to see how they figured out this was a good investment. So, will they ask for additional federal dollars each year to make payments? It appears FL has more interest in Israel, than serving some of their own citizens.

https://tradingeconomics.com/israel/external-debt

External Debt in Israel increased to 156286.90 USD Million in the second quarter of 2023 from 155562.40 USD Million in the first quarter of 2023. External Debt in Israel averaged 69064.78 USD Million from 1980 until 2023, reaching an all time high of 163297.70 USD Million in the first quarter of 2022 and a record low of 18963.00 USD Million in the first quarter of 1980. source: Central Bureau of Statistics, Israel

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ebt-of-israel/

"The national debt in Israel was forecast to continuously increase between 2023 and 2028 by in total 90 billion U.S. dollars (+31.98 percent). After the sixth consecutive increasing year, the national debt is estimated to reach 371.35 billion U.S. dollars and therefore a new peak in 2028."

https://www.wjhg.com/2023/03/31/flor...melessness-us/

"Florida ranked third in homelessness in the U.S."

Florida's DD Waitlist Campaign (number of people with disabilities on waiting lists for services, over 22,000 people)

https://floridataxwatch.org/research/budget-hub

"General Revenue (GR) collections for May (largely reflecting activity in April) beat the estimate made in March by $99.9 million. This is the 33rd month in a row collections have exceeded estimates, but this is a relatively small increase. It is important to note that this is the first time in a long time that the sales tax came in under estimate in May, even with a conservatively estimated $17.0 million contributed from hurricane recovery and rebuilding efforts. This amount under estimate is for the sales tax is minimal (-0.6%), small enough to be considered “noise” by estimators, but it could be signaling the end of Florida’s spectacular run of revenue collections. While inflation of 4% is the lowest 12-month increase since March 2021, taxpayers continue to spend rather than save, with the savings rate at a “subpar” 4.6%."

https://infrastructurereportcard.org...ure-a-c-grade/

"The report analyzed 14 categories of infrastructure pertinent to Florida: aviation (C+), bridges (B), coastal areas (C-), dams (D-), drinking water (C), energy (C+), levees (D+), ports (B), roads (C+), schools (D+), solid waste (B+), stormwater (C-), transit (C) and wastewater (C)."

DeSantis needs to stay in FL. We need a POTUS that can put our NEEDS above all else, not buy investments in foreign countries that may or may not work out, while homeless sleep on the streets, infrastructure fails, and people in NEED wait for services.

Old 11-03-2023, 11:49 AM

3,265 posts, read 3,223,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
It appears that it IS a sound investment.

COUNTRY • SUMMARY
ISRAEL
Last Update: 3 Nov 2023 0:15 GMT+0

The Israel 10Y Government Bond has a 4.408% yield.

10 Years vs 2 Years bond spread is 36.7 bp.
Normal Convexity in Long-Term vs Short-Term Maturities.

Central Bank Rate is 4.75% (last modification in May 2023).

The Israel credit rating is AA-, according to Standard & Poor's agency.

Current 5-Years Credit Default Swap quotation is 136.72 and implied probability of default is 2.28%.

https://www.worldgovernmentbonds.com...604%25%20yield.

I want to know how Mattja likes crow prepared. I have a heaping helping that I but I need to know if it should be rare, medium, or well done.

Last edited by wizrap; 11-03-2023 at 11:50 AM.. Reason: Wrong poster

Old 11-03-2023, 12:57 PM

25,900 posts, read 12,926,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
All of the degeneration, decay, corruption, and tyranny you see around you- the neo-cons are fully complicit in it.
I live in the free State of Florida. I don't see any of those things here. I do see them elsewhere though.

How do you feel about Palm Beach County buying Israeli Bonds?

They did so before the state of Florida did. They see than as safe and a great investment.

Are Palm Beach County gov't officials neo-cons too?

Old 11-03-2023, 01:01 PM

25,900 posts, read 12,926,296 times
Just so everyone here knows...Florida's Bond ratings are amongst the strongest of all states in the USA.

Much stronger than nearly every Blue state.

Just another great attribute of the free state of Florida, so I trust the state to make good investment decisions....like Israeli Bonds.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...-credit-rating

Old 11-03-2023, 01:39 PM

35,760 posts, read 21,126,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizrap View Post
Florida’s treasurer has announced that the state will buy $120 million worth of Israel bonds, bringing its investment to $200 million. The treasurer calls for other US states to do the same.

Florida Stands With Israel.

https://myfloridacfo.com/news/pressr...n-israel-bonds
Are the people in favor ? I don’t have a problem - better than the investment they did in Russia. Oh oh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies