Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2023, 11:11 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,058,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
natalie469: “it’s not about Trump but it’s about Trump”
Nope. Not about Trump. Just a dig. This would have been painted if Biden had been president at the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2023, 10:16 AM

3,072 posts, read 1,743,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
This would have been painted if Biden had been president at the time.
Yeah no, I don't think so. I doubt any of the riots of 2020 would have happened if a democrat were in office. Not because they are better, because the media wouldn't have pushed it (the narrative) so hard. The media saw this as an opportunity to get Trump and they jumped on it.

Old 12-03-2023, 10:22 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
No it was not intended to snub Trump. Like I said....icing on the cake. This would have happened no matter who was president.
of course it was, you just admitted it yourself.

whether it would have happened under another president or not - which i highly doubt - is completely irrelevant to the fact that it was done largely as a dig at trump.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
natalie469: “it’s not about Trump but it’s about Trump”
exactly.

Old 12-03-2023, 10:35 AM

7,356 posts, read 3,527,265 times
It’s representative government and what the people voted for who live in Washington DC so don’t be upset that they’re getting exactly what they want

Old 12-04-2023, 04:20 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
It's actually NOT about Trump, it's about leftist virtue signaling and trying to tie everything to Trump. There's a big difference. I've seen debates over non political things and posters will pop up to "blame Trump" regardless of the topic. It's just showing the insanity of some people and the absolute power of the name Trump, which practically guarantees clicks and views from the TDS crowd.

Old 12-07-2023, 08:07 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
i'd love to hear what this guy has to say about bowser's priorities.

DC taco stand owner forced to spend $4K a week on private security amid crime surge
Quote:
Bo Blair, who owns the Surfside Taco Stand and several other establishments across Washington, told FOX Business he is spending $4,000 per week on private security as the District deals with spikes in carjackings, muggings, and other crimes.

"It's not sustainable," Blair told correspondent Griff Jenkins on Thursday as he stood outside his Dupont Circle taquería.

"Hopefully we can get through this crime crisis and we won't have to do that in the future. The total amount of money we spent on security for this year at all the locations was over $450,000," he said.

Old 12-07-2023, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
of course it was, you just admitted it yourself.

whether it would have happened under another president or not - which i highly doubt - is completely irrelevant to the fact that it was done largely as a dig at trump.

exactly.
Well it doesn't really matter now since many businesses in this two block have changed their address to black lives matter plaza.

Old 12-07-2023, 09:05 PM

50,277 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Well it doesn't really matter now since many businesses in this two block have changed their address to black lives matter plaza.
Surely crime will go down now.

Old 12-08-2023, 09:33 PM

16,554 posts, read 10,626,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Sad and pathetic. But it's the result of their voting patterns, so who really cares?
I care. Washington, DC isn't just another city. It's the nation's capital. It's the place that each and every American should be able to visit and feel that it is theirs. But no, they've gone and painted the name of a racist, terrorist organization in huge letters across 16th Street within view of the White House. Thus they are clearly indicating to me that anyone who the BLM organization doesn't like -- such as, for example, white people -- are not welcome there.

They've slapped a hate symbol across a prominent street in my nation's capital. And yes, it bothers me. Enough that I have not entered Washington since this happened, despite living only about 35 miles away from it. Nor will I. The capital of my country has told me that I'm not welcome there, so I will heed their warning and stay away. Oh, and I will never officially refer to that location as "Black Lives Matter Plaza." It is 16th Street N.W., and thus it shall remain, as far as I'm concerned.

Old 12-08-2023, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
I care. Washington, DC isn't just another city. It's the nation's capital. It's the place that each and every American should be able to visit and feel that it is theirs. But no, they've gone and painted the name of a racist, terrorist organization in huge letters across 16th Street within view of the White House. Thus they are clearly indicating to me that anyone who the BLM organization doesn't like -- such as, for example, white people -- are not welcome there.

They've slapped a hate symbol across a prominent street in my nation's capital. And yes, it bothers me. Enough that I have not entered Washington since this happened, despite living only about 35 miles away from it. Nor will I. The capital of my country has told me that I'm not welcome there, so I will heed their warning and stay away. Oh, and I will never officially refer to that location as "Black Lives Matter Plaza." It is 16th Street N.W., and thus it shall remain, as far as I'm concerned.
It's just two blocks so what's the big deal. And how many times do you go into DC anyway. And it's not a hate symbol. In fact, it's become quite the tourist attraction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies