Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2023, 07:25 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 21 days ago)

35,684 posts, read 18,050,667 times

Advertisements

While making it a law seems a stretch, the market certainly is getting the message to cut out labeling toys for boys or girls. Not too many years ago, ALL the human play figures (groupings of family figures or other people with pets you could play interact with, baby dolls and older dolls) were in the girls section. ALL the construction toys - legos, duplos, etc., and all the miniature vehicles (except for Barbie cars) were in the boy's section.

Why in the world would you do that? You could say it's a convenience to people who were trying to get in and out quickly, to get a birthday or Christmas gift for a child, and not have to put time into it. But still, why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2023, 07:27 AM

36,634 posts, read 30,953,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
How do they describe gender neutral - heck coloring books, puzzles, block sets have always been sold and can apply to either gender.
Exactly. Even dolls, trucks, etc. can be purchased for either a boy or girl. Heck I played with as many 'boy" toys growing up as I did "girl" toys.

They also speak of childcare items. I wonder if diapers will be included as many are specific to plumbing parts.

Old 12-06-2023, 07:28 AM

29,597 posts, read 14,732,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
While making it a law seems a stretch, the market certainly is getting the message to cut out labeling toys for boys or girls. Not too many years ago, ALL the human play figures (groupings of family figures or other people with pets you could play interact with, baby dolls and older dolls) were in the girls section. ALL the construction toys - legos, duplos, etc., and all the miniature vehicles (except for Barbie cars) were in the boy's section.

Why in the world would you do that? You could say it's a convenience to people who were trying to get in and out quickly, to get a birthday or Christmas gift for a child, and not have to put time into it. But still, why?
Are you seriously asking this ? SMH....

Old 12-06-2023, 07:28 AM

6,401 posts, read 2,728,255 times
Quote:

Why should the Government force Merchants to display toys a certain way?

Old 12-06-2023, 07:30 AM

Quote:

Same reason they have mens and boys clothing section and womens and girls clothing sections. To make it easier to find what you are looking for.

Old 12-06-2023, 07:33 AM

63,042 posts, read 29,243,563 times
I wasn't aware that toys come with male or female genital parts in the first place so what's this all about?

Old 12-06-2023, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
Exactly!

Old 12-06-2023, 07:35 AM

4,952 posts, read 3,076,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Land of the free.
Land of fruits and nuts.

Old 12-06-2023, 07:37 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 21 days ago)

35,684 posts, read 18,050,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
I already said it was a stretch to make it a law.

What IS a good thing, is that consumers are giving feedback that stereotyping toys is bad marketing.

Old 12-06-2023, 07:38 AM

10,940 posts, read 4,606,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
$500? Whoop dee doo, I can see many stores just saying screw it and eating those costs.

But California, who would have thought...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...ptaskbar&ei=12

the next time Cali puts up a referendum to leave the US, everyone is going to vote yes right?

and cut off all power, water and fuel to sell at (above) market rates right?

or trade for some food plus lots of cash, right?

And require a serious background check passport to enter the 'reformed USA' right?

Mexico, OR, WA and BC CA are MORE than willing to host our west coast ports....and since most of our trade comes from china, the great circle route is SHORTER.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies